Personality Cafe banner

What Drives You?

• Family. Providing for them and representing my heritage.

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • Friends (Some Family). Being my best for them.

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Faith. Life has meaning and purpose from God/higher power.

Votes: 36 17.6%
  • The World. Being altruistic and giving what I can to everyone I meet.

Votes: 29 14.1%
  • Myself. I live for me and enjoying all I can.

Votes: 54 26.3%
  • Nothing. I just go through the motions.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • I don't know. I'm searching but haven't found it.

Votes: 49 23.9%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
15,053 Posts
I don't know why I bother living. I can't relate to the "I don't know" option provided in the poll because I can't say I'm searching for a purpose, I don't think there is one.

I voted "nothing" since I pretty much just go through the motions, but I also relate to the description of "living for myself" because I try to have as much fun as I can. I also do live for a few people, I suppose.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Reactions: Jaune

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I live for living life, and living it hard. I want to win, I want to be glorious and extraordinary, and worshiped by women all around me as an orgasmic sex god.

I am only half-joking. There is nothing better than that feeling you get when the spotlight is shining on you, when you've got an adoring crowd of teenage fangirls screaming for a kiss because they're so desperate for me, damn, that's success. And I want to do a lot more than just taste it and them. I want total immersion and fusion. We create and we rise!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Nothing. I can't wait to die.
It'll be the best thing to happen to me since I was born.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think at the end of the day its about pleasing others, either being useful to them or entertaining them. I wanna lift ppl up or protect them.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Faith and purpose from God drives me :proud:

·
Birdie Borracho
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Reactions: Catwalk

·
Registered
884 Posts
It is some blend of not wanting to live an ordinary or suboptimal life and wanting to have an impact on others.

H o w e v e r, I'm still shaking off my bad habit to procrastinate. I want to light a more intense fire under my arse.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not really listed in the poll:
I’m breaking it in smaller chunks to prevent from deviating into a longer post than intended.

Existential Boredom & The Mind Constantly Negating From This

A little boredom can be a dangerous thing. And one contemplating on potential meaningless in the things they do can be even more catastrophic, and combined with the awareness of the sense of liberation they may have, they either become paralyzed by their intellect, or choosing to make do with whatever is actually there. Being aware that the mind constantly spurs ways to negate out of this type of boredom is probably what drives me the most because I simply just want to follow suit. Which made me more enticed by the concept of existentialism, more specifically on existential heroism.

Existential Heroism

Which is basically understanding how existentialism is merely a thesis of having particular dispositions about life to cope with it, and the existential dilemmas one may become aware over time. And through this, and understanding the human condition, instrumentality, and such, they become aware that they’re the ones that have to take the stand to revel in their own horrors, or to come to terms with it. It seems flexible because I realized it can even go both ways in all sorts of ideologies, and is probably what happens after one treks through the desert of nihilism.

Lucid Dreaming

We dream on a nightly basis, but most of us may not have the experiential learning to be aware that we’re dreaming, nor keeping a dream journal to log things down. Through my experiences so far in my dreams, non-lucid, and lucid, combined with existentialism, I realized more and more that day-to-day things pale in comparison in how much effort our minds go into trying to filter in/out the echoes of waking life in our dreams, and just trying to find continuity in things irrespective of our disposition(s) in life.

This awareness that if our minds can do this nightly, and through our quotidian lifestyles, being so affected by simple endeavors, rat race, the upkeep of life and such are simply stepping stones towards a progressive learning curve in life, and coming to terms with self-progression, and how a person creates their own normative ethical framework (i.e., how one ‘ought’ to do XYZ in life).

My dreams have taught that we’re so used to feeling we’re the main role in our lives because that’s all we seem to be fixated on. When anyone in contrast to this is introduced, they may be deemed nothing more than supporting characters, but irrespective of how this goes about – waking life, or in our dreams, it doesn’t seem to work that way. Realizing this may be how one embraces self-progression while knowing they may be forever be incompetent in knowing the totality of their mind, but that’s okay. Because one can borrow the intellect of others to find some solace in this inferiority complex, and realize there’s always someone else experiencing a complex story of their own, with, or without one’s awareness of it, i.e., sonder.

1:36 – 1:51 is another analogy that seems to capture this; one of my favorite quotes, even if it was from someone fictional:

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
I want to get a dog thats my goal rightnow

Reactions: Kurt Wagner

·
Registered
37 Posts
My ambition. You won't get very far if your drive is outwardly based, because what's not you can leave you and you end up in a hopeless pit. LOL pessimistic much? but this is my opinion.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I selected that I don't know what drives me the most in life - certain things drive me more in certain situations, for example, when I am around my friends, my drive is my friends. When I am alone, my drive is myself, when I meet strangers my drive is the world.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's a hard question...
I don't think you need a reason to live, but to actually stop living.

I wake up for small but pleasant things that wait for me tomorrow. If there are no pleasant little things, I'd wake up for my friends, if there is no friends, I'd live for my family, if there is no family, I'd live for the humanity.
If there is no humanity, I'd live for myself :)

61 - 80 of 106 Posts