Personality Cafe banner

What Drives You?

• Family. Providing for them and representing my heritage.

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • Friends (Some Family). Being my best for them.

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Faith. Life has meaning and purpose from God/higher power.

Votes: 36 17.6%
  • The World. Being altruistic and giving what I can to everyone I meet.

Votes: 29 14.1%
  • Myself. I live for me and enjoying all I can.

Votes: 54 26.3%
  • Nothing. I just go through the motions.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • I don't know. I'm searching but haven't found it.

Votes: 49 23.9%

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,533 Posts
I chose faith BUT it was kind of a sneaky choice. Since I believe God made everything, including other people I view very important, therefore it falls under the same umbrella. Win, eh eh?

·
Banned
800 Posts
Initially, it was exploration and analysis to discern what was possible and what I wanted out of it. That's means to deriving ends though, not directly ends.

Love and intimacy was a big desire, but that never happened. Sex offered more visceral possibility but is sentimentally attached and problematic. Nothing serious has been possible, so nothing has happened at all. Power, NOT influence, was never remotely possible, much less allowed by any power that be. Now, I'm running on fumes of rage from being denied anything of worth to me. Most things I could ever want weren't possible. Most things that were I was cut off from, even intentionally and spitefully by my family. Now, I'm too old, physically fucked-up, mentally deteriorated, and have no chance at anything but distant shitty versions of mocking hell, instead of even the easy slices of heaven that would've been right in my face, if my family hadn't fucked it all up due to myopic whim, pretentious slave-driving laziness, and proud willful ignorance. I only survived my teens so as not to give those fuckers a corpse to gloat over. Of everything now that I accurately projected at a 10 y/o, I totally didn't expect to be not able to even afford the gun to kill myself.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The World. Being altruistic and giving what I can to everyone I meet.
and
Myself. I live for me and enjoying all I can.

My dreams are what drive me most, and one of them is to be able to help other people.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I choose Faith, because it's a nice summary. More specifically the principles I follow guided by my internal Ti framework, which includes things like family, friends and being a good person. I have to continually push myself to manifest said principles, because I can sometimes keep them in my head in theoretical form.

·
Banned
41 Posts
The search for me. Finding out what makes me beautiful so when I am close to death, I don't feel that this body, this mind, was ever wasted.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
My Truck.

Oh... that's not what you meant?

Adventure, I want to climb as many summits I can before dying frozen at the summit of mt everest.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I put "The World" because I have this habit of wanting to help someone so badly that I become almost obsessed with what they want to do but if it doesn't involve helping others, and it normally doesn't, my only motivators are my crushes, spite, and my superiority complex.

I want to better myself and that can mean doing better in everything, work, school, self-care, etc. It's hard to be motivated by myself, but when I think about being this amazingly healthy person that my crush can fall in love with (which I'm sure he would he's a 5w4 INTJ who's fallen for INFP's before) I become really happy and motivated.

This also probably sounds unhealthy, but witchcraft also helps. If I wasn't trying to cleanse myself of negative miasma, I probably wouldn't bother washing myself and my clothes everyday. Crystals have also helped for when I get nervous, they are like fidget spinners but actually cool.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
If I had a dog maybe that'd be the reason...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I chose the World, than the 2nd would be family and probably both friends & myself on the 3rd

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Responsibility. I am responsible for the life of my dog, who pretty much lives in function of me. At the moment, I could say my project/game is also a drive, but I don't know for how long.

I would have killed myself four years ago if not for her.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Faith and family...

·
Registered
500 Posts
The World.

I love doing good for others. I've always been that way. If there's any way that I can help others, I'll do it. Planning on making a card for my brother since he just lost his dog recently. So I'm going to make him a card. Even might donate a few items to the charity too. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hmm... honestly, none of the options really fit.

I'm living my life chasing some vague concept of exploration and adventure, while also trying to find someone to share that with and help those I can on the way while I do my thing. So..... which would it be?

·
Banned
972 Posts
Where is bitter hatred and desire to spread as much misery as possible? I'm disappointed.

On more serious note, nothing as I just don't care about anything enough to make it purpose of my life. I wouldn't necessarily mind finding something assuming I would even be able to do so.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Interestingly, when I have a partner, I often feel like my drive is chasing a more perfect world in every way. It pleases me to do everything I can to make myself and a partner completely whole and healthy. I take it all upon myself to promote a new way of life for both of us based on science, biology, spiritual wisdom, modern psychology, my intuition, etc. I love continuous improvement and fighting against the fatigue that comes from poor habits.

Or, when I don't have a partner, like in recent months, my drive is becoming the kind of person that could run into and seduce such a partner. The majority of energy comes from the idea of the soulmate.

It's been different for brief periods of my life, like in university when studies took over, but it always comes back to this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
tbh I used to live for myself. That nearly got me killed. I used to live for family but then I could never live up to their expectations so that didn't work. I used to live for my friends but in the end I switch friends so much it was meaningless. I used to live for my significant other but then they turned abusive and I had to leave them too (PAYYYCE SUKKAA!!)

Soooo then I found Jesus. He's the only thing I've found that utterly FILLS the emptiness in me. He's the only thing that gives me PURPOSE and makes life worth living. When I'm in a huge, terrible situation I know I'll come out of it okay because of Him - I now he's in control and that gives me PEACE that I've never had before. He's the only thing that makes me fulfilled. <3

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
tbh I used to live for myself. That nearly got me killed. I used to live for family but then I could never live up to their expectations so that didn't work. I used to live for my friends but in the end I switch friends so much it was meaningless. I used to live for my significant other but then they turned abusive and I had to leave them too (PAYYYCE SUKKAA!!)

Soooo then I found Jesus. He's the only thing I've found that utterly FILLS the emptiness in me. He's the only thing that gives me PURPOSE and makes life worth living. When I'm in a huge, terrible situation I know I'll come out of it okay because of Him - I now he's in control and that gives me PEACE that I've never had before. He's the only thing that makes me fulfilled. <3
Jesus's expectations of you don't make you feel bad?

81 - 100 of 106 Posts