Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What each temperament judges a person most on/looks for most in a person:

Idealists (NFs): Character, Values
Rationals (NTs): Intelligence, Independence
Guardians (SJs): Status, Competence
Artisans (SPs): Appearance, Personality

A generalisation, of course, and not intended to say some groups are 'deeper' than others. But what do you think?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well, it probably makes sense that the different temperaments value different things to some extent, but as an NF I have to add that despite character and values, I also value intelligence. I don't mind people who don't have any intellectual interests, but I don't exactly like hanging out with them much either...

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,252 Posts
I'm interested in hearing what more people have to say, whether they relate or not. It seems like a reasonable theory there anyway, though.

Before looking at the actual post I answered the question for myself - I look most for whether someone can accept/respect people for who they are as individuals, and whether someone generally means well toward other people or not. A kind and accepting spirit.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Competence is generally viewed as something that people with dominant or auxiliary Te values and looks for, but other than that, I can agree with your list.
However, what do you mean, more detailed, with "personality" for the artisans?

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
I agree with the OP that the list is a generalization, and I would add rather reductive. But I can relate to the 'appearance' aspect. However, the other descriptives on the list would hold true for an SP, too.

^^Agreed: what is meant by 'personality'?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm interested in hearing what more people have to say, whether they relate or not. It seems like a reasonable theory there anyway, though.

Before looking at the actual post I answered the question for myself - I look most for whether someone can accept/respect people for who they are as individuals, and whether someone generally means well toward other people or not. A kind and accepting spirit.
Happy to see someone else say this.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
When you say appearance I hope your saying in a way of feeling people out, more so then implying we are all superficial assholes. As in I am not likely to measure people by the clothes they wear or how 'attractive' they are. But I am likely gathering information on generalizing them slightly on a face value way.

Personality-I would call it character-I think thats what you meant tho. I check if people are consistent with what they say and what they do, and they are authentic.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Wow, of course we look for appearances because we're such shaaallow superficial assholes! This is the most typist thread I've ever came across. Seriously. I hate this thread with passion.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, of course we look for appearances because we're such shaaallow superficial assholes! This is the most typist thread I've ever came across. Seriously. I hate this thread with passion.
Calm that Fi, child ;), this wasn't to be taken too seriously. You must be new to the forum lol.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Calm that Fi, child ;), this wasn't to be taken too seriously. You must be new to the forum lol.
........Wow... just wow. This is why generalizations suck, and why this thread shouldn't be made in the first place. I don't know what's "not" serious about this thread. There is no humor or fun intended...? You must be one hell of a genius to make this thread.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
What each temperament judges a person most on/looks for most in a person:

Idealists (NFs): Character, Values
Rationals (NTs): Intelligence, Independence
Guardians (SJs): Status, Competence
Artisans (SPs): Appearance, Personality

A generalisation, of course, and not intended to say some groups are 'deeper' than others. But what do you think?
None of these seem to be what you are describing in OP Title

1 - 14 of 14 Posts