Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're probably doing it already to some extent. Sometimes it occurs accidentally as a result of chameleoning.

What experiments have you performed? Which would you still like to perform?

What did you learn?

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
The best one my sister and I came up with was to get a new student into student accommodation and have all their flatmates as cardboard cut-outs, then have everyone who walked in talk to the cut-outs like they were people and act convinced they were real. It'd be pretty interesting :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I've always seen raising children as a kind of experiment. If I had the time and resources, I would love to see what different parenting styles affect the growth of children. Maybe it would be better if I also had the ability to utilize cloning.

Alas, I only get one shot at it, if I choose to have children in the future.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I want to stir up drama in a relationship. By manipulating the subjects emotions to set up their relationship to fail. There will be love triangles, cheating, jealousy, infidelity, etc. Not only will it be for my amusement but also to test how manipulative I am and just how predictable humans can be.

That said, I wouldn't do this because I can't morally justify it.

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would like to see people living like animals, without the use of language as we know it.

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
21 Posts
I want to stir up drama in a relationship. By manipulating the subjects emotions to set up their relationship to fail. There will be love triangles, cheating, jealousy, infidelity, etc. Not only will it be for my amusement but also to test how manipulative I am and just how predictable humans can be.

That said, I wouldn't do this because I can't morally justify it.
What are morals?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
Be anesthetised, have my brain removed, hook it up to an artificial blood flow system so it's/I'm still alive, then see how it feels. To have an existing brain without ANY sensory inputs.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Experiments I have performed: Doing what it takes to get people mad. See how long their temper can hold out.

Would I like to perform it now? No, its gotten me into a lot of trouble in the past. However, if I can do it for my own amusement right now without any consequences to people I couldn't care less about, I might do it again. It amazed me to see how certain words I'd say would affect another person's emotional state so much.
I pretty much do most of these types of experiments in my head. I try to predict and think of how the person in the experiment is likely to respond. Of course the results may be inaccurate, but I'd rather not bother people anymore.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
I used to amuse myself by piking my lovestruck friends. Their reactions were always so exaggerated.

I was also the only male in my class in gymnasium, so I used the girls' hesitance to be the deciding vote to get the class to cover what I wanted to learn about.

I have checked the effectiveness of my social invisibility to 'spy' on people. Super effective btw.

There are just loads of random psychological stuff I'd like to check out. Turning people into cyborgs seems like it could be fun as well. If you remove morals from the equation obviously.

·
Registered
ENTP
821 Posts
I would like to take famous artists, leaders, and intellectuals from history and put them all in a house together and film it like a reality show.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts