Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
It feels nostalgic for some reason. I think it's because the picture is of two people who are clearly very close or even in love experiencing new things and exploring some of the most beautiful places nature has to offer. It represents real happiness to me, and so it makes me nostalgic for that happiness. And of course it's also very cute :p

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
It makes me feel wistful with a touch of sadness. I agree with nostalgic mainly because of the colors and the fading impression it gives off of a past moment.
The angle of her hand being pulled back is unnatural and shows visible effort, so it’s almost like trying to move forward with something holding you back. And maybe that something is love (or a lover).
Or maybe even like when you’re trying to walk away from someone and they grab your hand and this is the moment right before she turns around...so in that sense it is cute for me.

Also really like the fall colors overall and coupled with the wrist watch, it adds to the sense of time moving on, so I guess that gives it more of a bittersweet feeling. It’s a happy sadness:p

Come to think of it, maybe listening to music while looking at the image is changing up how I see the image and the feelings associated with it....cool!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Warm and hopeful, because I have a pic exactly like that of myself and my ex, we used to go to the fields and explore, and there's a trail we used to take exactly like that one that led to the cemetery. It reminds me that if I experienced such an amazing relationship once, I will experience it in the future again with someone even more amazing. And the sun in the pic smells so good. Maybe there are horses on the land of the right and they will come up and say hi!

How fun that some of you are referring to nostalgia, which is something of the past, because it creates the opposite impression in me, I immediately thought of the future, and I felt catapulted to this impression of future due to an impression of the past, but it's not nostalgic, it feels super warm and exciting, adventurous.

·
Registered
333 Posts
It's a certain kind of warmness and feeling quite secure but it's followed by a feeling of something being wrong. Like I don't belong anywhere.

Not a feeling of anxiety but rather a feeling of not having much interest or being much excited. (I'm not particularly talking about the girl)

It makes me feel that I'm the one who is holding her hand and I think I would let her go just looking at my feelings. I feel this is not the way i wanna follow but rather leave behind my back.

E: It's almost as if you look at one of your childhood memories that was kinda okay but you don't feel much connection to it and you're lucky that it won't be your future.

·
Administrator
14,154 Posts
Hopeful, adventure.

It looks like they are about to explore an old road. It's nice b/c they are together.

The arm's at a bit of a weird angle, so it looks like someone's being pulled, but I imagine they just did that for the aesthetics of the picture and the symbolism. It's called 'follow me to...' so along that theme, I would imagine there is some complementary nature to the relationship dynamics, in which one seems more like an anchor and the other more sort of moving forward, and that suggests a bit of balance to me. Maybe some caution or apprehension, but also makes it more interesting as it shows a distinct perspective there. Maybe a distinct 'narrator.' Kind of russing with articulating right now, but first impression.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Yeah - - - >> gimmicky, cliche (as said above), irritated by her pulling (how rude or her!!!), the picture has been re-touched or "effects" added (?) (fake?). I don't care at all about them. No wait.... wrong emotion! I'm bored or not really interested in their journey. Too much "pull" -- walk side by side for heaven's sake. :bored:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
... irritated by her pulling (how rude or her!!!)

-----------------

Too much "pull" -- walk side by side for heaven's sake
Oh thank God I'm not the only one! Lol.

The picture actually makes me annoyed and even a bit angry. I struggle to look at it. Not only is there a sense of too much "pull" for me, but her gaze is forward. She doesn't seem interested in the person behind her at all but rather where she wants to go and the person is being almost dragged along unwillingly. That's just the vibe it gives me. It feels controlling and selfish to me for some reason.

I'm not sure why it stirs up such negativity for me. Maybe I'm terribly messed up or something?

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
...but her gaze is forward. She doesn't seem interested in the person behind her at all but rather where she wants to go and the person is being almost dragged along unwillingly....
Wow. Completely correct! I missed that, but bang on -- I see it now. It feels like a travel ad to me. I might be totally off-base here, but, it irritates ............. eh, anyways..interesting views on this. Maybe it's my Bill Murray avatar that is turning me into a grump.... :p

·
Registered
INFP
1,516 Posts
Stay together through thick and thin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts