Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we all do it. Our thoughts are running so fast through our pumped up brains and then we blurt it out...and the room either goes quiet or everyone laughs. I want to hear your stories!

Don't be bashful. You've done it once, you'll do it again. Since you're doing it, let us all in on the fun!

I'll start us off.

I desperately need a filter on the things that innocently pop out of my mouth! If I'm tired I can say all sorts of things and never realize how bad they are. Don't judge me! This is a judgment-free zone for all our ENFPs. :laughing:

For instance, one morning I was at work (at a bank) taking care of a customer through the drive thru lane, when I saw too little eyes looking at me longingly from the back of the car. I knew what that child wanted. I said to myself, but loud enough for my coworkers to hear, "I see a little head peering out at me, too bad we are all out of suckers!" They all burst out laughing. :blushed:

Where in the world did that come from?

Now, come on, tell me yours!

Reactions: xraydav

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I'm terrible at saying goodbye. The less I want a fun time to end, the more awkward my goodbyes become.

At the end of my first date with my husband, the beautiful farewell that floated out of my mouth was "See you in games!"

We met playing a video game and play them together quite a bit... I was trying to say that I would see him that evening, probably in a game. What came out was a sentence bound to make a poor guy think he'd been friend-zoned after the first date.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Well, I am an introvert so most of my really silly Ne thoughts just pop up in my mind without me verbalizing them. So I haven't actually said anything stupid, but often I'll just start laughing at myself for no external reason while others look at me in awkward confusion.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I am an introvert so most of my really silly Ne thoughts just pop up in my mind without me verbalizing them. So I haven't actually said anything stupid, but often I'll just start laughing at myself for no external reason while others look at me in awkward confusion.
Oh I know that one. We called it the giggles or the simples because any and every little thing will make me laugh. It's a belly laugh extraordinaire!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Okay, I'm actually scared of sharing this but I want to get it out of my system lol. Okay, in our Dance Class, this guy helped me stretch and he's pretty shocked that I'm so flexible. I told him, "it's because I'm skinny," and some people literally turned their heads in our direction. I was like, "uh... what?" in my head. :frustrating: ASKJHFAJKHA then after that (I don't even know what word to use) conversation, I realized that it sounded like I was insulting him for being 'fat' (I quoted it so no one reacts) and that I'm flaunting my skinniness (if that's even a word). That wasn't what I meant! I meant to say, I am flexible just because I'm super skinny and that I don't have that ability that he should be amazed of. D: I didn't even get to say sorry to him because I'm so embarrassed of myself. ADAFSDGS :blushed:
I don't even talk that much in our school and the very thing they hear from me IS THAT.

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
I get my sentences backwards and mixed up often. It suuuucks but people tend to find it funny. Or making weird and inappropriate connections and voicing them before I get a chance to think twice... or starting out on an idea or a train of thought and then never getting around to finishing it because suddenly it doesn't seem that great after all. Things like that. XD

·
Registered
640 Posts
Okay, I'm actually scared of sharing this but I want to get it out of my system lol. Okay, in our Dance Class, this guy helped me stretch and he's pretty shocked that I'm so flexible. I told him, "it's because I'm skinny," and some people literally turned their heads in our direction. I was like, "uh... what?" in my head. :frustrating: ASKJHFAJKHA then after that (I don't even know what word to use) conversation, I realized that it sounded like I was insulting him for being 'fat' (I quoted it so no one reacts) and that I'm flaunting my skinniness (if that's even a word). That wasn't what I meant! I meant to say, I am flexible just because I'm super skinny and that I don't have that ability that he should be amazed of. D: I didn't even get to say sorry to him because I'm so embarrassed of myself. ADAFSDGS :blushed:
I don't even talk that much in our school and the very thing they hear from me IS THAT.
IMO apologizing would have made it twice as bad. Saying nothing at least leaves the benefit of the doubt you didn't think it sounded like an insult. Saying sorry re-enforces any worry he has about other people perceiving it as an insult.

With that said this is really not a big deal. I know these kinds of things are a big deal when you are young, but this is not a big deal in any circumstance.

If you could go back, there would be nothing wrong with rephrasing, but worrying about these kinds of things will really hold you back in life. We all have to live with regret, but "error" on the side of LIVING.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To be honest i've probably said at least 20 things today that i'd probably slap myself for, if only I could recall or realise what was wrong with what I said - I'm often told I have a way with words, I'm really starting to think that's a bad thing now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
IMO apologizing would have made it twice as bad. Saying nothing at least leaves the benefit of the doubt you didn't think it sounded like an insult. Saying sorry re-enforces any worry he has about other people perceiving it as an insult.

With that said this is really not a big deal. I know these kinds of things are a big deal when you are young, but this is not a big deal in any circumstance.

If you could go back, there would be nothing wrong with rephrasing, but worrying about these kinds of things will really hold you back in life. We all have to live with regret, but "error" on the side of LIVING.
This is so right. I am rereading about all of my posts and I just want to thank you right now for telling this to me before. Back then, I didn't have the courage to thank you because I know you're right but it just felt hard to do it. Really, thank you so so much for this. My heart is starting to realize that no matter what I do, there will be people that will think badly of it and that is okay. I am also starting to realize how much it has been holding me back from socializing with people. Even online. Yes, maybe I didn't reply to what you have said before because of the fear of what you will perceive me as. I think it's because I had been called by people I grew up with as 'selfish' because I was that one kid who questioned their manipulation of us. I am also starting to know that it is fine. I am fine the way I am.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I'm the queen of random googling whatever comes my way, I mean I know we ENFPs are master at this but believe me, I HAVE a problem!!

So, very often I quote some of my extremely strange knowledge in conversation out of the blue. But the worst is when I fail to link to the actual context!

The other day we were passing by a park and a friend mentioned that there is very common for love encounters by the gay community and I answered, really? By the way, I was reading about sperm donor the other day ... And went on and on and on about all the philosophy behind,implications etc...
(Just didn't say why I remembered that, it's because men who had sex with other men cannot be sperm donor)
But later, this friend asked me "er... But are you thinking about getting pregnant by sperm donation?" And I was ahhh??? Where did you get this idea ? (I obviously had forgotten the previous conversation)

Dã...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
INFJ friend talking about her daughter's stuffed animal, which is a lamb, and I blurt out "OMG if I had a stuffed lamb I'd name it Orghini!" INFJ: ? Me: You know, Lamb... orghini. INFJ: *facepalm*

Reactions: ThomThom1

·
Registered
289 Posts
When I like someone I start to giggle uncontrollably. And sometimes the most offensive things come out of my mouth.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I'm pretty notorious for my mouth working faster than my brain. So I end up saying a lot of sentences backwards as a result. In high school, one earned me quite the look of confusion from my friend. She was convinced her boyfriend was cheating on her...so I told her, "Why don't you just block your park up the car?" Then when my brain caught up with me I said "Wait... Park your car up the block..." It doesn't help that I talk super fast anyway.

Also have a bad habit of letting what I'm thinking slip out when I don't want it to. I have accidentally insulted some of my friends because I've meant to keep something to myself, but my mouth opened and I couldn't help myself. :frustrating:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts