Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
People who do not open up and want other people to understand them.
The situation when someone close to me is suffering and there's no way you can help at least a little.
Moving drastically and not being able to make friends with local people.
Lack of alcoholic drinks at home.

·
Registered
429 Posts
the intensity of our own feelings - we can ride emotional roller-coasters almost every day and our mood can change by the minute, often due to fictional events (some of which is our own creation) , we can feel completely alone in our feelings and bewildered by so called 'reality' - all resulting in a great amount of misunderstanding.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Not being able to properly express myself without feeling restricted or inhibited.

Being rushed when I'm trying to do my best on something.

Being told to do too many things at once in a short amount of time.

Being interrupted when in deep concentration on my creative musings.

Having my point not get across to another person thus creating a misinterpretation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not being able to properly express myself without feeling restricted or inhibited.

Being rushed when I'm trying to do my best on something.

Being told to do too many things at once in a short amount of time.

Being interrupted when in deep concentration on my creative musings.

Having my point not get across to another person thus creating a misinterpretation.
Right on the nose for me as well!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Being treated unfairly due to generalizations that doesn't necessarily apply to them. They are often misunderstood not because they are "wrong", but because they may be different than the societal norm, and many people to this day ignore the fact that individuals are unique, rather than mere clones of each other. Perfectly wonderful individuals being treated unjustly just because they do their own thing their way is annoying to me (though personally, I just don't care enough about what others think for this to be a problem for me-I admit, though, that being treated stupidly over what amounts to be typist intolerance is not the best feeling in the world.)

Personally, this INFP gets frustrated by needless rules about many social rites that honestly don't apply to me as an individual and an INFP. I just do away with them and follow my heart, paired with logic and whatever works for me better-which may or not be what society generally approves.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,669 Posts
Presumptuous fools. Hypocrisy that slaps you in the face. People pinching food from my plate. Arrogance to where someone apparently is never wrong. Those who put words into my mouth or take what im saying out of context, exaggerate it etc. Extended pity parties. OTT attention seeking. Those who don't take responsibility for themselves or their own actions and expect others to put up with it constantly. 2 facedness, ugh! Control freaks. Deception. Hunger. Bad hair days :tongue:

I guess some universal Fi dom frustrations might be phoniness, disrespect, bureaucracy, arrogance, corruption...

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Manipulators who do not look as such to many people (and to rather intellegent ones), but manage to make you feel bad about yourself/guilty about something without directly instulting you, calling you names, or emarassing you. Their mastery is in making you feel bad in front of others and "enforce" (covert manipulation of others behind you back) their opinion, bias, egoistic tendencies onto your friends, collegues, and family members. You do not even know you are being manipulated especially if you are not following your gut feelings and once you do you realize this does not only stink it actually reaks.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Reactions: Lacrimosa

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
@mashr00m
Arrogance to where someone apparently is never wrong. Those who put words into my mouth or take what im saying out of context, exaggerate it etc.
This very much so! :angry::angry:

Reactions: mushr00m

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
The Rat Race. That competitive environment we call, life itself. But being involved in the Rat Race isn't as bad if you can find a profession that fits your ideals, like a teacher. It's atrociously bad though, when that career that fits your ideals eludes you, and you have to settle and compromise on your belief system, just to pay those darn bills, these include IT professional, contractor for a enemy, like you're a liberal Democrat, and you're working for Lockhead Martin, a defense contractor that helps make war happen.

And then when you get the ho hum job, the office politics really drains you, cause there's all that conflict and fighting, and maneuvering, and manipulating to get things done.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Hyperactive individuals and people with ADDH.
Being rushed to do something or say something or think of something.
Messy people who never clean up after themselves.
People in their 20s who are insecure and don't know who they are, so they choose someone they think is cool and popular and they start talking like them, dressing like them, eating like them, etc but you can tell it's completely fake and they're doing it because they're lost and want to be popular. If it was a teen who did this, I'd be patient and compassionate. But someone in their mid to late 20s, it just makes me want to scream.
People who talk a lot but do nothing.
When people want me to be an ST type. Not gonna happen, stop!
People who either don't care about social issues, or who say they care but refuse to actually go out into the world and do activism.
When people wrong my feelings. Like I'll tell them how I'm feeling, and they say "Being sad is wrong". Feelings are neither wrong nor right.
Consumerism. People who say "I'm sad, nothing that a new dress won't fix", it makes me so angry and frustrated. Reminds me of the mindlessness of this society.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hm. people who assume because I am soft spoken and reserved that I am naive and childlike, craving meaningful deep conversations and having few people to have these conversations with, I'm out with friends and I'm anxiously pondering the psychological reasons for why they respond the way they do - forcibly getting out of my head to actually engage in having fun lol. thinking too much..

·
Registered
45 Posts
When people don't want to confront you in a conversation but keep laughing or changing subject. People who don't care about the planet. When people analyze you (out loud) and think they know you better than yourself. Manipulation in any way. Capitalism, materialism. Giving a fluff too much about things of no importance. Have you noticed how people keep talking about what pisses them of. That pisses me off too. I piss myself off. And I know i'm gonna get disliked here but people who try to get me to watch anime. I just don't like the animation it makes me feel weird... trapped (claustrophobical but i can't explain it in a real way).

·
Registered
240 Posts
-People who think they know what's best for you and are very pushy about their opinion. I'm usually very open to other people's suggestions, since I'm more than a bit "lost" at the moment, but I will make the final decision!
-Endless small talk
-Being treated like a child
-Not being able to express myself properly/people who never really seem to understand where I'm coming from

1 - 20 of 76 Posts