Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it's hard to type kids of 7 and I am not expecting to know his type at this age but I have noticed some of his answers at school are different from 'the norm' certainly different form what I would put and I am wondering what function he is using

My name is....Ethan
I have ....styled...hair
I am in class.....working

Not I have brown hair, not I am in class 2a, I am in class working and have styled hair.

Ok probably not the first child to give these type of answers ;-) but different from what I would put. I am very rusty on my S,N and T functions so need help identifying what function this most likely is.

Most likely he is a EXTJ or IXTJ he is very sensitive he has a bucket load of Fi but no Fe. He's like an E1 that swings between E7 and E4

If you can help me work out what function this might be then hopefully it might help later in life type him more accurately.

Many thanks
Lisa Jane

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,918 Posts
I would suspect those answers to be a result of an intuitive function, if I had to choose. They're going beyond the relevant information that's actually necessary. Sensing tends to recognize the obvious first of all, intuition can completely skip the obvious choice and look for something deeper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks neverontime that makes sense that it would be N as its looking beyond the obvious. Thanks for replying :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really know except for the fact he just seems just like his dad who is very T. Ethan although very sensitive (to his own feelings) is very logical in his thought process and I can't see him making decisions based on feelings. I always associate Ethan with J as he is very structered and perfectionisty, he is really hard on himself.
Can I ask why you thought ENFP - just curious as why you went that way as I have a lot to learn
Thanks for your post

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your right they are but I have never even considered it for him - worth a think about that's for sure ;). Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.