Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am prepping for an interview at work and know that it is going to be a "Targeted Interview". I luckily got the hookup and have the 10 pages of questions they will be asking (they expect people to be able to answer these on the spot without prior reviewing and preparing, WTF are they thinking!) . Each Page has a topic and then 3 questions that when asked by the interviewer will encourage me to answer in a way that they will be listening for the key points that are identified on the sheets. So I have been doing these on my own here and writing my responses down but I am finding thinking of examples and then making sure I hit their key points as I answer them to be EXTREMELY draining and a very slow process! I have a terrible time remembering details of things I have done and then to be able to articulate them is very difficult. Its like I just know what I did and what I need to do next time, its way in the back of my head in my unconcious. What Function or functions is this requiring me to use or is it even a Myers Brigg Function at all and somthing else like Critical Thinking or something? Just curious thanks.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
You use all functions, all the time. They are more like perspectives or lenses to view everything, not tools in a tool box.

You are using your brain thoughts, good sir. Take breaks if you feel like your thoughts become muddled and do something mundane for a while that requires some, but little, thought. Ideas aren't just there or not, but take some time to make the right connections to surface.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts