Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think cloudgazing, or naming constellations...

When I was younger, I slept on a top bunk and I remember many a time laying on my back, just staring up at the ceiling. It was a stuckoed ceiling, so as I gazed I would find all sorts of interesting "pictures" hidden in the ceiling, thanks to the stucko and the way light would cast shadows in just the right spots...

What function was I using?

·
Registered
403 Posts
As a child, I always did this too... and still do. I wonder if it's just a mix of different ones along with being open. I think it's more prevalent in intuitive minds(that look for/appreciate beauty). Sorry, I'm not exactly much help. Neat question though.

·
Registered
689 Posts
It's your dominant perceiving function+Something else.

Fucking A, I just noticed a connection between this and Raja meditation. >.>
I'm going to ponder for a bit...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I do that contantly. I can see patterns in everything...Um...I'm apparently very Ne so I'm going to go with that.:unsure:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Seems Ne, and Si.

Something you can visually interepert and have fun with in this thread

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. My instinct was to say Ne, but then wouldn't these functions be very underdeveloped for an INFJ?
Not necessarily. I think my Ne is pretty well-developed, Si rather less so...Anyway, one's shadow functions can be well-developed, depending on uprbringing, experience, intentional practice...I have always used Ne a lot, but it is definitely more of a practiced function. I enjoy using Ne when it comes to freely using my imagination; but when I am forced to use Ne out of necessity (like for brainstorming), my mind rebels. In other words, I have to want to use Ne in order to use it effectively.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts