Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in church for my step-brother's confirmation and during the ceremony, the priest read a passage from the bible that mentioned how God put the greater light in the day and the lesser light at night. I automatically thought, "Yes, the sun may be the greater light, but It's so great that you can't even look and appreciate what's there. You just have to accept it and if you try and get a peak you can become blinded. (Which is now reminding me of religion, but uh--). The lesser light may not illuminate the way the sun does, but it lets you quietly appreciate it's beauty and thoughtfulness. When the moon is out and everything is dark, you look for the light to protect you. When everything is bright and sunny, you look for shade, for darkness to hide you."

What function(s) would that be? I have my thoughts, but I don't want to limit myself. This would really help me find my type as it's something I do constantly.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, I really do appreciate it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It sounds very like extroverted intuition with me. You're taking external data and drawing connections between things inside of your mind and interpreting hidden meanings.

I understand Ne as being the processing of external data through impressions, connections and hidden meanings, and this sounds a lot like it to me.

I could be wrong of course, but this is just my own interpretation. =p

If a more experienced scholar of Jungian Typology happens upon this thread I'd go with their insights over mine. =)

Reactions: cue5c

·
Registered
49 Posts
I could very well be wrong, but this sounds like Ne, perhaps with some Si and Fi mixed in. The Ne is jumping from point to point (Sun greater -> Can't look at sun -> moon easier to look at -> when moon out, it protects -> when sun out, it is too bright and you want to be protected from it). At the same time, (at least as you described it), these thoughts trigger vivid imagery ("When everything is bright and sunny, you look for shade, for darkness to hide you."), which is indicative of Si. I'd also say that there is some Fi mixed in, because this whole train of thought is guided by the overarching theme, which I might paraphrase as "strength can be overbearing and cruel". To me, that sounds like this train-of-thought is being guided by Fi.

Does that sound accurate or is what I described alien to what was going on inside your head?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Taker Your insights are just as valid. Sometimes people can get so caught up in their interests that the miss something someone with less experience can easily point out. So thank you. =P

Does that sound accurate or is what I described alien to what was going on inside your head?
Nope, that makes perfect sense and was exactly what I was looking for. I've been so caught up in my head with the functions that I needed an outsiders take without any bias so I could compare it to what I was thinking, which is exactly what you wrote. I'm glad you responded, my roommate who's an INTP is off in Europe and she's one of the easiest people to bounce ideas off of. There's something about you INTPs that makes communication so seamless.

Reactions: Taker and Lozan

·
Registered
78 Posts
@cue5c Thanks. I'm glad to see you've figured your personality type out since I last visited the thread. =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts