Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out my functions. One thing I do a lot of is experience the physical world, but in a way where I’m analysing how it all connects together. For example, my two biggest hobbies are anything to do with plants, and anything to do with space. When I’m outside in the day (or inside with my plants) I’ll be looking at the plants and weeds and herbs and trees and asking questions like what are they (identification, looking at details), what’s their physical structures, what can they be used for (like herbal medicine or wood working or whatever), also whether they have a spiritual meaning and application.

And if I’m outside at night I’ll be the same with looking at the stars, asking what constellations they are, whether I can recognise them, what’s their properties such as magnitude, how they might have inspired mythology, or how they were/still are used as a navigational compass, etc. Questions like that.

Maybe not one specific function but a pair of functions. I’m like this in everything really but it comes out mostly in my hobbies like these examples. I take what I see, analyse it for details, then try to connect function and meaning to it. What do you think that is?

·
Registered
I demand the return of the crazy face! :crazy:
2,072 Posts
I'd say since your focus is on details first, and then on the connections related to those details, it sounds like Si and Ne. Si is more of a focus than Ne based on these examples.

It also sounds like a Thinking function is involved, since you are analyzing structure and also the applications (what they can be used for).

Sounds interesting, btw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts