Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching a lot about the different functions, and despite learning a lot, I still can't seem to recognize them in myself. It's possible that I'm trying to trick myself into believing I'm a certain type, or that I'm not a certain type. I'll try and give various examples and if the knowledgeable people of this community could attribute them to functions, then that would be very helpful.

First of all I'm wondering what kind of function could contribute to the writings in this spoiler tag. Maybe Ni/Se?
I wrote this one day when I felt playful and indulgent.

I want to build a home to live in. It will have strange geometry on the outside with many rounded walls that end in points. And there will be a main floor, a basement, and a second floor. The second floor will split off to different rooms and to get to each one you'll have to travel via rope bridge like this.

They'd overlook the main floor kitchen, dining room, and living room.Wood floors. And there will be slides that go to each floor (some guy on reddit has that). And there will be a library which is also a sun room and there will be a ladder that extends to the upper floor where you can read in the sunlight on a comfy couch.

Downstairs is an arcade with classics such as Dodonpachi, Donkey Kong, Ketsui, Mushihimesama-Futari, Street Fighters II, Marvel Vs. Capcom II, BlazBlue, and the stop the light game!

. And there will be a trampoline room in the basement (don't worry, high ceilings!)!

Outside is some well maintained shrubbery all cut in the shapes of block letters that spell nothing in particular. There would be a glass house that maintains a habitat for various reptiles and amphibians such as geckos, chameleons, tree frogs, and one spider.

And at night there will be small light rods on the wall so that people could play paintball and not run into the house. There will still be many blind spots so that you're not seen despite the lighting.

The tool shed will be shaped like a giant mushroom that glows blue and green in the night.

I don't know what my bedroom will look like, I just want it to have at least four beds so I can switch between them. I want this bed

, a hammock, a bed in the shape of a hot dug bun which I could slip into and it would have speakers inside the hot dog bun. Oh and lastly this thing

On the roof there will be a heavy duty telescope and like five mini fridges. The roof will have a nice view of the lit up fountain on the front lawn (People can swim in it, I don't care!)
In the back yard there will be a giant chess board and statues on them would be of friends and family striking awesome poses. I'd be the king. You can't move them because they might tip and they'll break. It's fo sho only.

Oh and there will be a soundproof recording studio with all the top gear and my guitar will reside there.

I think I'd want all phones to be in an english phone booth. We get lame ones here.

That's all I want to think of right now.

I later added a bunch of stuff to it throughout the day.

The troubling thing is that I can't give scenarios of any serious problems. I enjoy detective shows/games and trying to figure out the crime before the detectives do (Case Closed/Phoenix Wright/Sherlock Holmes). I'd like to eventually enhance my deduction skills until I can easily come to seemingly hidden answers in real life. I can't say that I excel at that yet..

What functions usually come into play in the mechanical talent aspect of musical instruments? I find that I can play fast and fluid, but most of the actual music is coming from my memory (sounds that have sounded good in the past, memory of the numbers and positions of songs I've learned in the past)

I find that occasionally I get dark thoughts and tend to feel narcissistic and sociopathic. I've thought about getting revenge on people by psychologically damaging them with drugs that allow for high suggestibility. As unrealistic as it sounds I've fantasized about having nanobot flies that dig into the victim and take control of their brains in order to take down the powerful corrupt..I tend to immaturely indulge in thoughts like these whether they're dark or not. I don't know when or why I feel misanthropic at those times. Other times I'd rather just be away from people, not feeling ill or well towards them other than those who I value. Anyways I thought that maybe this points to a function I'm not specifically good at handling?

I come up with a lot of theories that don't depend on facts at all. I don't believe these theories, and I'm not devoted to them, but I find them to be exciting. I think about the world being a computer program and we're just AI. All laws and functions of our universe were set prior to its execution. What would it be like if reality were to glitch and let its true nature be known. I drew two simple bad drawings based on this idea:

Or I wonder if it would be possible for us to represent the human brain in an AI if we were to increase our knowledge of the human mind. Of course if you consider AI in games such as Half Life or Unreal, the enemies don't actually have senses rather than something that "alerts" them if the player is in range. But if we made something much more advance such as making an algorithm that simulates scanning of an environment while referencing various stored information such as the personality and the AI's "knowledge database" we could bring AI closer to being identical to humans. I don't buy the ideas that AI we have that just repeat phrases that humans have said to it are 54% human or whatever they want to say. I'd say they're something more along the lines of 0.0001% human. I think we'd have to break everything such as the brain and its reactions to chemicals down to mathematical equations, which I like to believe is possible that we can give a program the illusion of an experience.
I think of things like what if instead of living on a linear timeline we may live on a tree timeline that's always splitting. It's not logical to believe that but I like to explore the idea of it. Or maybe we live on a point in time and our prior memories of experience were injected into us and our experience of living a sequence of events is just an illusion.
Or some bizzare theories like cats are psychic creatures that struggle controlling their slaves (us).

I was also wondering if any functions were detectable from how I interact with others. I'm childishly tactful and kind towards people I'm familiar with. Although when I open up to them and obtain advice from others, the next day I usually close up and try to forget it and act hard shelled. When their friends that I don't know show up I'll at first close up and try to interact as little as possible besides the greeting and question answering. I'll occasionally try and open up slightly but it will come off as unnatural and I'll start analyzing what I said and what they said. When the conversation turned to THEIR bizarre theories I found it easier to tune in, although I found it troubling that they could present their theories as fact as to that's what's happening. They said concretely that we were put on earth by aliens to harvest gold. It's not really my kind of idea, but it's interesting nonetheless. The same guy also said that everything you don't see doesn't exist. I forget the name for this specific breed of philosophy, but I find it close minded to think of that as true rather than a possibility. I think the only thing you can prove for certain is that there is an experience (Descartes) and the rest is up to belief. Another one of my friends had a more respectable view in which he stated that he has a bunch of beliefs that he holds as potentially true, but not for certain, and plenty of them contradict each other.

If you had the patience to read through that, then thank you, and I'm surprised. Does anybody notice any patterns or functions that stand out?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Fantasizing about taking revenge through the method of sending nano robots to someones brain to control them... How about Ne? :shocked:
It could be, do you detect Ne from anything else in my examples? For some reason I sometimes think that I use Ne more often while other times I think I use Ni the most.

I also forgot to mention that sometimes I have a hunch that I'm a feeler pretending to be a thinker..I can't kill bugs unless they're mosquitoes or black flies, I either let them live with me or take them outside. I can watch some shows such as Breaking Bad or Welcome to the NHK and just feel sad to the point where I'm crying..At other times I'm unable to empathize with people at all and I have to fake emotions. I can't imagine what I'd feel like if a family member were to die, but I'm not sure if I'd be sad. I don't think I fit my gender role very well as I'm a coward who hides from society rather than someone who confronts others. I lack that aggression that other men have and I usually feel neutral and sometimes gentle with a cold mask.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
One thing's for sure, you definitely use Se over Si. The way you described that dream house was really Se-like. But while you talked about all the stuff you wanted in your house, you never spoke about the practicality of it and how you'd actually achieve it, so I think you use Ni over Se. So, you were spot-on with Ni/Se.

As for the second part, it looked like you were trying to look at the world from a different perspective to how everyone believes it is. Lots of Ni right there.

I can't draw many conclusions about the judging functions, but I don't think you use Te or Ti too much. You do realise that your ideas might not be logical, but you'd rather ignore that, which shows higher F functions than T functions.

Reactions: Stufreddy

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I would say Ni-Se, definitely on that axis. I was considering Se-Ni but you seem to reside far too much in your introverted mind for that. And I say intuitive because you are looking at external reality being other than what it seems. You don't trust that it is what it is, in a way. That sounds like inferior Se.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
One thing's for sure, you definitely use Se over Si. The way you described that dream house was really Se-like. But while you talked about all the stuff you wanted in your house, you never spoke about the practicality of it and how you'd actually achieve it, so I think you use Ni over Se. So, you were spot-on with Ni/Se.

As for the second part, it looked like you were trying to look at the world from a different perspective to how everyone believes it is. Lots of Ni right there.

I can't draw many conclusions about the judging functions, but I don't think you use Te or Ti too much. You do realise that your ideas might not be logical, but you'd rather ignore that, which shows higher F functions than T functions.
Thanks, I'm pretty sure of the Ni/Se functions now but the T/F is still unclear. I don't really ignore the fact that there's no logic to build up to these theories, rather I just think that there's so many possibilities of what reality can be, and it's interesting thinking about each one. If I do use a thinking process I'd likely use Ti as everything has to be consistent with my own logical framework rather than the established.
But if I do have introverted intuition, and extroverted sensing, I'm possibly an ISTP or INFJ. Again I value logic and intelligence (which after viewing several posts here I understand that intelligence has nothing to do with preference for thinking or feeling) but also find myself battling emotional "demons" such as fears, and trying to keep myself emotionally stable (which I tend not to be). I hold a set of ideals I live by, but I don't feel emotionally attached to them, and instead they're more of an anchor for me to not descend into a life that isn't in my best interests. I hate bullying because I've had experiences being the victim, but I've also found myself being the bully in the past. I look down on thieves and the corrupt people in powerful positions, but I steal things myself. I think I'm a very hypocritical person. Also something that's related to the Fi is that my goal in life is to live contently rather than make a good amount of money. Maybe because the things money can buy aren't what interest me. My idea of success is to successfully find an interest that I want to devote my life to, while not harming people I'm close to with my inner "dark thoughts".

·
Registered
426 Posts
How good are you at procrastinating, doing things last second, et cetera? Basically, I'm asking if you're a J or a P.
Also, from what you described, I'm not so sure about the Ni/Se thing... doubting reality and building fanciful stuff in one's mind is something I do ALL THE TIME, and I don't really use Ni/Se very often.
Also, this:
I find that occasionally I get dark thoughts and tend to feel narcissistic and sociopathic. I've thought about getting revenge on people by psychologically damaging them with drugs that allow for high suggestibility. As unrealistic as it sounds I've fantasized about having nanobot flies that dig into the victim and take control of their brains in order to take down the powerful corrupt..I tend to immaturely indulge in thoughts like these whether they're dark or not. I don't know when or why I feel misanthropic at those times. Other times I'd rather just be away from people, not feeling ill or well towards them other than those who I value. Anyways I thought that maybe this points to a function I'm not specifically good at handling?

Sounds like something I've done a fair amount. But, then, I'm not so sure that such brooding is particular to any type.
Thought juice, have fun.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I procrastinate frequently, often to the point where I don't complete the tasks I want to finish. Organization helps me complete tasks, but I'll usually wing it and complete tasks when I want to.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I procrastinate frequently, often to the point where I don't complete the tasks I want to finish. Organization helps me complete tasks, but I'll usually wing it and complete tasks when I want to.
Pretty common with Ni-doms that neglect/haven't developed their second function.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Someone has been playing way too much Minecraft...

Your line of thought is similar to mine so I will have to say Ni-Se. If I had to guess I would say you are probably INFJ.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone has been playing way too much Minecraft...

Your line of thought is similar to mine so I will have to say Ni-Se. If I had to guess I would say you are probably INFJ.
Hello, thanks for your thoughts. I was thinking about INFJ..Can't say I'm particularly thrilled about the idea. INFJ is a supposedly a people type, and I'm by no means a people person. It's looking likely though based on the evidence.

I have no idea what you mean by the Minecraft comment, I've never played Minecraft.

Pretty common with Ni-doms that neglect/haven't developed their second function.
If it's the case that I'm an INFJ, I'm not in a good position to develop Fe . :dry: Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Really? That explains so much of how I mistyped as P forever. And it's true that my second function is somehow my most neglected. Anyway, thanks.

Stufreddy, I get the sense you're a T, not an F. Just a hunch. It just sounds to me from what you've written here like T is stronger in you than F. T's aren't robots, they're people, and some of the T's I know have incredible depth of feeling and creative talent. If I had to guess, I'd guess you an NT. Again, just a guess. So, I guess INTP or INTJ.

Reactions: Stufreddy

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really? That explains so much of how I mistyped as P forever. And it's true that my second function is somehow my most neglected. Anyway, thanks.

Stufreddy, I get the sense you're a T, not an F. Just a hunch. It just sounds to me from what you've written here like T is stronger in you than F. T's aren't robots, they're people, and some of the T's I know have incredible depth of feeling and creative talent. If I had to guess, I'd guess you an NT. Again, just a guess. So, I guess INTP or INTJ.
Thanks for your input, It's given me some more ideas to consider. I think I'm going to take a break from this analysis, let my personality come naturally, and then later reflect on myself. Any further ideas would be still be appreciated, and appreciative for who have helped me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts