Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. I am new to this forum but i don't think that post like this was here before (If i am wrong than please correct me). I will write here situation that leave me thinking about funcion's.

First of all. I am either ENTJ or ENTP.

I was on playground with my friends, we were playing football. Suddenly we started to feel bored. I and my bud started to wrestle, i was doing quite good but i lost control (because of laught mostly :p) and i was down with him lying on me. I got an idea and started screaming "sandwich!". Everyone jumped on us. My pal was disoriented and i could crawl out. What functions was crucial here?:happy:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
This is a simplistic situation, but Ne is probably the most probable function here.
I'm thinking about the "sandwich" part because it conveys potential and possibility.
And Ne-users are easily bored huh ? Your situation is divergent too. You were playing football, and then you switched to another activity.

It's not enough to give an accurate answer though.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
First of all. ENTJ and ENTP are miles apart.
ENTJ and ENTP really aren't that different.

They're both extroverted, both logical and both intuitive. Ni and Ne are two different approaches to intuition, and the only difference is that Ni is subjectively oriented, and Ne is objectively oriented. Their skill sets are similar, their temperaments are very similar, but their values are opposite.

The only reason people think they're so different is because of stereotypes.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts

They're both extroverted, both logical and both intuitive. Ni and Ne are two different approaches to intuition, and the only difference is that Ni is subjectively oriented, and Ne is objectively oriented. Their skill sets are similar, their temperaments are very similar, but their values are opposite.

There is quite a big difference between a dominant Ne user and a dominant Te user, though.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
There is quite a big difference between a dominant Ne user and a dominant Te user, though.
Between the two ENTs, the differences are subtle. They take similar social roles. Both are efficient and innovative.

The whole 'domineering' stereotype has nothing to do with type. It's enneagram related.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Between the two ENTs, the differences are subtle. They take similar social roles. Both are efficient and innovative.

The whole 'domineering' stereotype has nothing to do with type. It's enneagram related.
Compare Tyrion Lannister and Tywin Lannister. The difference should be obvious.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts

Theoretically, perhaps they are not the most different types.

In practice, (like if you would go out and actually meet an ENTJ and an ENTP) you would find that they are rather different.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Haha.. I'm not sure why you would say that ENTPs and ENTJs are similar. They process things completely different, but they may come off the same way behaviorly. It's sort of like my INFJ sister who I share a lot of qualities with, but we are cognitively very different.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Compare Tyrion Lannister and Tywin Lannister. The difference should be obvious.
Their differences have little to do with type. Tyrion is extremely selfish and immature. Tywin is mature.

Tyrion Lannister oozes Se; of this I have no doubt, and I have no clue why you think Tywin is intuitive. I sincerely doubt you're going to find your type if your understanding continues down this path.

Theoretically, perhaps they are not the most different types.

In practice, (like if you would go out and actually meet an ENTJ and an ENTP) you would find that they are rather different.
It depends on how you define 'rather' and what you're comparing them to. They're both eccentric, prone to being pioneers of research, and not very down-to-Earth.

Haha.. I'm not sure why you would say that ENTPs and ENTJs are similar. They process things completely different, but they may come off the same way behaviorly. It's sort of like my INFJ sister who I share a lot of qualities with, but we are cognitively very different.
The bold part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Oh well it's time for an update. First of all i met MBTI 4 months ago. From the beginning I fell in love with and was very hungry for all information i could get there. When i am learning something i need to have profits listed. It started from Enneagram, basically i wanted to use it daily while talking with people. Though i have a lot of mates still i always had a problem with emotional situation. Sometime ago my friend broke up with his girlfriend (they're were very close) and when he told me, i was quite stressed? I had no idea how to deal with this situation, i am much better with a non-emotional problems. Another reason why i liked Enneagram, socionics and MBTI so much. I could improve my analyzing of people. Four months i am trying to tell Which type is mine. Mostly because i have a problem telling Which function did and use. Someone here said something about Ne. Welp i sometimes out of nowhere got a new idea. Let's say i am thinking about Doctor Who and then about regeneration and Superman, basically connection of ideas that create new one, Superman as regeneration. I am also getting ideas only with Things That have something to do with my goals. Let's say i want to be rich, so i will be studying every book, persona's and getting ideas about business. I got an idea out of nowhere but it is always the idea that i will execute in let's say 2 years. I am very organized when it comes to the thing That interest me, even with social stuff, like meeting with friends/family. I am still disorganized about things i do not care. And i hate working on things i don't care. Good thing i care about a lot of. Let's talk about learning styles shall we? I am only learning when something is usable and always looking for profits in Everything That interest me. Like with Enneagram. I should said from the beginning That English is not my primary language, so please forgive if i leave any grammar mistake here. Another fact, and I want the world to have stucture. Pretty simple and i want to have a high position on this structure. I believe That the world need structure to work effective. I am also capitalist If that means something. I am good at reading people in my surroundings. My nickname ... I am always giving some quick nickname and do not think about it. My friend asked me about a situation "What i would do," he said That there are two choices, One That is a bit riskier but outcome is better and second without risk but outcome is lower. I choosed the riskier way, having in mind That it could be a better situation because That way he described the situation i could have different ending, who said it could not be a trap or a cover? Another fact: i am very talkative person and i love talking about ideas that i could execute. That is the reason why sometimes i am bad at small talk, because i want to discuss something that we as a group could execute. I heard also couple of times that it is easy to open up when in my companion. In discussion i am calm until the other person start to think ilogically. I hate it when in rational discussion someone brings up his morals. I personally don't care about morals of someone. I know that someone is terrible person but as long as he is intelligent or have something that could help i can talk to him, work with him normally as with any other person. Hmm let's say i have a Breivik in my team, i still want him to die, but as long as he can't get killed. he can work with me. I like when people are kind hearted. But i prefer working with Intelligent and asshole than with kind but(t) idiot. When talking with someone i am always first to correct myself if I make a mistake logic (which rarely happends) I am the first person who will see the mistake and then correct. My mind is all time turned on, because i want it to be on, still it is easy to be just in the moment. When my mind is on i could got a new idea out of nowhere but i am not thinking about ideas i just look at something and then "Aha!" and then i can connect it with other ideas.

Your Cognitive Functions:
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.7
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.23
Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||||||||||||||| 9.2
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.8
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||||||||| 8
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||| 7.615
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||| 5.75
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||| 2.79

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.