Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I SO started this (comment) in another post, replying to how insensitive (in-human) the content was (to the 479s and others) and wound up here, somehow so without further ado I'm just going to jump straight into the part where it begins, it goes something like this...

I mean, I am, so others, but I am not "anxious" to speak about things that are "negative" because I fear rejection, it's because I see no point, when life simply cannot exist without light, then why speak about darkness, because you are alive, and light is what you need, without light, you are no life, and you will have no problems, but the problem in itself, is that you lack light, or you possess too much of it, but know that if you chose the path of darkness, damn, I went "I should so write a book" and lost the flow, but I think you see the picture-ish, that path just makes no sense, because it is essentially against life, how are you alive, if you "choose" darkness? And if you are alive, then how are you dark? You simply have chosen to move away from light, but you are essentially still filled with life.

In Vedic Astrology, there is this thing (nakshatras) where they classify you in 3 categories "God", "Human", "Devil", I think "Demon" is more appropriate because "Devil" is like "The One", the absolute, the king, point is, they classify people into three types (and it FORKING works) where "God"s are those with an excess of light, they live in the light, they "give" light, and they just always live and love excess "light", you know, the good life, but generous and benevolent, like if that dude in Star Wars, the kind and generous rich guy, only remember a face, but nothing else, if he, and some robes I think desert ones, or I'm making this up (lol) , but I think he had a beard, mustache plus goatee, trimmed, darker skinned, just became a king, that would perfectly describe the "God" type of people, full of light, and much to give, though not all necessarily preposterously (I think) benevolently excessive,

"Humans" are kinda in the middle, they have a balance of both, and they are as full of life as they are empty, half full/empty people, they give and they take, they love excess when it happens and they love silence and demon traits which I will explain in the demon section, basically they take, as much as they give, though they don't make a fuss about it, unless you don't give, and then they go Vader on yo ass, and psych (force I mean) choke the stuff out a ya, while the "God"s would just be meh whatev, take some more yaay, yo, peace, excess, love, yahl, Yanni (I think xD)

"Demons" on the other hand are the ones that are full of darkness, or lack light, they prefer to conquer, achieve, take, to work with the dark arts, Snape maybe? But they are not "dark" or "darkness", they just lack enough light to "give", life to them, involves "sanctity" or "taking", it's either or, they will either Vader the crap outta you, or just Snape, Lily probably was a "light" ("God"), or a "human", and Snape loved her light, but George (right? Daddy?) stepped in and stole her light, and he became the defense against the dark arts (potions) master,

Look it up, it's pretty interesting try the calculator here,

Vedic Astrology Chart Calculator

scroll down and find your "Gana" from the "Planetary Details" under "Moon"('s) "Nakshatra"

and find your "type" ("Gana") as per this numbering (image)

Deva = God
Manushya = Human
Rakshasa = Demon

View attachment 725970

Like wow, I SO not started this post expecting (to end) (at) this.

Also, I think Luke's a "Manushya" ("Human"), what do you think?
I have content from a book the (a) writer wrote on this, excellent stuff, if you'd like to know more about your "Nakshatra", hit me up!

I mean, I am, so others, but I am not "anxious" to speak about things that are "negative" because I fear rejection, it's because I see no point, when life simply cannot exist without light, then why speak about darkness, because you are alive, and light is what you need, without light, you are no life, and you will have no problems, but the problem in itself, is that you lack light, or you possess too much of it, but know that if you chose the path of darkness, damn, I went "I should so write a book" and lost the flow, but I think you see the picture-ish, that path just makes no sense, because it is essentially against life, how are you alive, if you "choose" darkness? And if you are alive, then how are you dark? You simply have chosen to move away from light, but you are essentially still filled with life.
I find this bit interesting because a lot of Indians speak like that.

Edit: I also think you can say the same for societies, those that grew up in the "light" (Equator) are more "Deva"-ish, joyful, excess-ive, celebrative, just yaaay, those in between (Temperate) are more Manushya - yeah, you take, excess, enjoy, blah blah, but you gotta give!, and those at the poles are more "Rakshas"-ish - yeah, whatev, STFU, I KILL YOU, Ah Yoga, Tea! WHERE'S MY COFFEE?! Ah Mountains *tears up* "In the depths of the Indian Ocean, lies the (x) whale, simple, elusive, a gentle giant that swims to the surface once in (x) (unit of time) to grasp the sun and shoot fountains of sea water into the sky blessing the surface of the ocean with the content of the depths below (that last part's just me xD)"

What do YOU think?

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
I'm not certain how to read the chart and I'm doing this because I've never heard of this. I'm an INTJ 5w4. My tritype is 541, if that matters.

I think this is what you want to know:

Ascendant: Aslesha
Sun: Mula
Moon: Mrigasira

Can you tell me if I'm a God, Human, or Devil from this information? And if so, what does that "mean" according to this system? (I'm not saying I believe the system, but I find systems in general interesting)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@brightflashes

Here you go!

The Quest ~

Mṛgaśīrṣā

Name: Mṛgaśīrṣā

Meaning: Deer-faced

Symbol: Deer sniffing the ground

Deity: Soma - god of immortal nectar

Main Stars: The head of Orion: λ, φ Orionis

Mṛga means a forest animal, especially deer. These animals are so named because they constantly roam in search of food; matching the literal meaning of the word: “searcher.” Mṛgaśīrṣā’s symbol – a deer sniffing the ground – is essentially a literal depiction of the word Mṛgaśīrṣā (“ Deer’s face”). Soma is the deity of Mṛgaśīrṣā. Soma comes up in Bhagavad-Gītā (15.13), when Śrī Kṛṣṇa says,

puṣṇāmi cauṣadhīḥ sarvāḥ somo bhūtvā rasātmakaḥ

“I become Soma and make plants delicious and nourishing.”

Soma is the god of a legendary elixir (also named Soma) that grants eternal youth and unsurpassed delight. I think it is simplest to describe Soma as the “fountain of youth.” This ties in nicely with the nature of Mṛgaśīrṣā to inspire quests and searches. Literally, the word soma means “juice, sap, liquid.” Specifically, it is the liquid within plants that makes them nourishing and delicious. Nourishment keeps us young, deliciousness delights us; so all food is a type of Soma. The legendary elixir is simply the ultimate form of food.

Vedic lore singles out one plant with the name soma-vallī, for it excels all others in nutrition and flavor. It is now extinct, but they say that millennia ago it grew in a few specific areas,[ 10] and its leaves blossomed and withered with the waxing and waning Moon. By pressing the juice from its stalks one could make a beverage called Soma or Amṛta – the “nectar of immortality,” which the gods copiously drink to become powerful and impossible to kill.

All vegetable-food carries the power of life in it. So in a sense, all food is amṛta. If we don’t eat, we die (mṛta). If we eat, we don’t die (a-mṛta). All food makes us “immortal” because it counteracts mortality. But the elixir made from the Soma plant is a super-food of legendary power. Humans and gods alike from all ages and cultures eternally search for it, like deer sniffing out its trail. The deer of Mṛgaśīrṣā sniffs the ground in search of Soma in healthy and delicious herbs, but the human spirit sniffs at the paths of life in search of Soma in the form of eternality and bliss. Mṛgaśīrṣā is all about searching.

Soma, Amṛta, Rasa

I mentioned that foods, among which Soma is the emperor, have two qualities: they keep us alive, and give us pleasure. Ṛg Veda (9), a section entirely dedicated to Soma, confirms this, saying that Soma (1) gives immortality, and (2) “roars”.

Soma is also called Amṛta (“ imortality”). Ṛg 9.42 goes so far as to call Soma the “immortality of the immortals” and the “godhood of the gods.”

The second quality of Soma, however, is even more interesting. Sure, staying alive is important, but what is the point of living? Ṛg 9 presents Soma to us as an answer: the point of living is to enjoy, to “roar,” to revel and enjoy; to taste rasa – ecstatic joy. Thus another synonym for Soma is Rasa. Taittiriya Upanishad (Ananda. 7) speaks of rasa: raso vai saḥ rasaṁ hy evāyaṁ labdhvānandī bhavati “He is certainly rasa itself! Attain his rasa and become undoubtedly intoxicated with bliss!”

Directly or indirectly, consciously or not, we are all on a quest seeking rasa. Our ambition may be smashed into a lower, smaller shape by the hammer of repeated failure, but rasa is the real thirst behind every desire. Mṛgaśīrṣā involves all permutations of the search for rasa, not merely base and simple fun-seeking. After all, a deer is a beautiful and graceful creature, not a brute.

Rasa is the highest objective of Mṛgaśīrṣā. The Upanishad tells us that we will not find rasa in its fullest form in any fruit or vegetable, nor even in any paradisiacal elixir. We find it in “sah” - the All-Attractive Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa, who is rasa personified.

Siblings in the Stars

Mahābhārata (Vana. 221.15) tells us that Soma’s brother is Agñi, and his sister is Rohiṇī. This is has significant astrological import. The two brothers, Soma and Agñi stand on both sides of their sister. To one side of Rohiṇī is Soma’s star, Mṛgaśīrṣā. To the other side is Agñi’s star, Kṛttikā. Agñi is the solar principle, fire. Soma is the lunar principle, water. Life thrives best when heat and moisture combine. Rohiṇī, between the heat of Agñi and moisture of Soma, is therefore the most abundant and fertile location among the 27 stars.

- DiCara, Vic; Kishor, Vraja. 27 Stars, 27 Gods: The Astrological Mythology of Ancient India (p. 32-34). 108 Books. Kindle Edition.

Shared the entire text cuz you're interested in systems! xD

Also,

Can you share your details so I know you got the data right? xD

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
@brightflashes

Also Also,

What do you think? xD
This is very interesting. Of all the animals, I've always identified with Deer the most. I even have a deer on my altar. My ancestors go back to Ponce De Leon who, according to Historical reports, declared one of the natural springs in Florida as the "fountain of youth". Also, my given name (Katherine Aileen) means "Pure Light" in Greek. So these are interesting coincidences that connect concrete reality with what you have outlined here.

I'm a practicing Druid, a member of OBOD. Some people hear "Druid" and think immediately pagan and weird non-scientific ideations. However, Druidry is more based around being aware of nature and the language of science - the way that nature affects us and how one can affect nature. I'm not talking about magic, but more the importance of cultivating the land, taking care of the planet, and getting back to the "roots" of humanity. The other aspect of Druidry which is a focus of the "religion" (I consider it a path) is a focus on creativity and the creative arts, such as music and storytelling. When we create, we basically are getting in-tuned with our inner creator. A Druid's chief assignment, as I understand it, is to find and illuminate truth for the ultimate goal to achieve peace between humanity and cognitive dissonance.

I have always been very attracted to country living and me and my partner just purchased a house on 5 acres so that I could enjoy the wooded areas of the property and be surrounded by enough nature to feel grounded and calm. It is also attractive to me because, as an introvert, I get a bit overwhelmed in highly populated areas.

I'm sure you can imagine, as a type 5 and as an INTJ, I seek knowledge and truth very actively. I love the discovery process very much.

I can see how we are all on a quest - I believe that everyone has certain paths that are attractive to them and their own personal quests, though they might not describe them that way. However, I do think that "the quest" as an archetypal image (perhaps the grail quest) is something that is highlighted as more of a theme in my life.

If you'd like to look at my chart, I'll PM you my information just because I don't want my personal information "out there".

Reactions: Santa Gloss

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
@brightflashes

Sure! xD (send me your details! xD)

(And AWE-some! #Druid #OBOD)

(#ENFP you're married? :'( )

Yes, I think that is very important, the connection to nature and how we can, and nature affects us!

Wow! To achieve peace between humanity and cognitive dissonance? Looks like I gotta teach you how to read charts! xD

For starters, there are others (gurus) out there, but they're just so lean-ing, I mean, they've got their perspectives FROM this science (system), and therefore are incapable of objective analysis, whereas I've only JUST found this system, albeit from a similar place, as an essential outsider, if I can remember to mirror from earlier images, it should be no difficulty to give you the bird's eye view, AND IF I STOP SAYING "I" EVERY 5 MINUTES lol, #ENFP

But everything that the system involves, insider or not, is immense, it's all connected, Yoga, Astrology, Ayurveda (to a lesser extent, but only because it's a practice of medicine from plant-life), but they all connect together really well, Astrology is the "eye" of the vedas, the science that the entire "vedic" systems are based upon, and it is super interesting to actually see how it all fits in...

...and yeah, I do take a little (maybe a WHOLE lot more, 4 remember? xD) pride in the fact that I don't use astrology solely or have for as long as I have, for identification and perception of the world, (UNIVERSE), and this does make me different from the "Gurus" on YouTube who use Astrology solely, from my understanding, the good ones at least, not researched (studied) from ones like Sam Geppi etc except from his website, but they are all solely (completely) IN the Astrology, even Tarot (Ernst Wilhelm) systems, and I suspect very little other "life" stuff (experience-ial relating), because they rarely mention it, maybe they do, but it's too pure (I've only seen their educational videos), and they insist on "Yoga", and "Vedic" systems and references, except Divinetime astrology lady (Karen something *White*) who actually has a sense of humour and "life" probably is a Human gana, cuz she seems in between, and just so lively watch her here
just so full of life, but balancing out enough, like any (and probably every "human" I've encountered) "human", and that's why this stuff can be confusing (scrolled up, lost the flow lol, what was it, pride? xD) and I almost every time avoid listening to the "Gurus" rant, because that can be a lot of personal stuff (confusions, 4 remember! xD) so that I can simply mirror with what I have already seen, (which is true), just not what you've seen, (maybe).

Which again brings me back to the Enneagram system, and MBTI interpretation etc, it all feels incomplete, like the PERCEPTION itself is incomplete, but if you watch any vedic stuff (videos), or listen to any "Indian" (or "Asian") speak, essentially, you will find them all speak wholesome-ly (like OkCupid describes "me"), like there is a complete-ion to their perspective, like there are no sides, which is essentially the whole of life, see "whole", but not how the "West" (actually Europe-ish, actually not, old *ancient* cultures are very wholesome as are their practices that "modern" "science" laughs at)takes a stand because well, they want "numbers", which is why again, I am drawn to Europe as opposed to America (NOT as a teenager lol) because well, Europe do (get it!, the whole-some-ness, and some xD)

More on (in) following comments xD

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Here's mine... Seems like I'm a cat? (If I am, I have to say I'm really surprised since I've always "identified" with cats.)

Moon: Punarvasu

I'm also really curious, if you don't mind elaborating :)

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know what does it means but i'm :
- Sun : Ardra
- Asc : Uttaraphalguni
- Moon : Svati

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Gilead

The Highest Blossom ~

Puṣya

Name: Puṣya

Meaning: Flowering

Symbol: Lotus

Deity: Bṛhaspati - god of prayer Main Stars γ, δ (Asellus Australis) and θ Cancri.

The word puṣya has two primary meanings:

1. The top/ best part of a thing; usually referring to a flower, the top and best part of a plant.

2. Nourishment; which allows us to blossom and grow.

There is a motherly, loving and devotional overtone to the word puṣya. Love, after all, is the topmost blossom on the flower of life.

Puṣya’s primary symbol is a lotus, the most beautiful and wholesome flower. The udders of a cow are sometimes used to symbolize Puṣya; conveying the theme of nourishment.

Bṛhaspati, the god of prayer and devotions, is the deity of Puṣya. In Bhagavad Gītā (10.24), Śrī Kṛṣṇa says:

purodhasāṁ ca mukhyaṁ māṁ viddhi pārtha bṛhaspatim

“Among the best priests, know me to be Bṛhaspati.”

Among all priests, Bṛhaspati is the best. A priest is a person who facilitates our connection to the divine. Prayer is an interactive union with the divine.

Bṛhaspati is the god who masterfully conducts religious rituals and prayers – the technologies of divine communion.

Puṣya is always thought of as being among the most fortunate and prosperous of Vedic stars. Other names for Puṣya are Sidhya (“ perfect”) and Tiṣya (“ auspicious”). Why? What is the connection between devotional prayer and prosperity?

In Gītā (10.38) Śrī Kṛṣṇa says:

nītir asmi jigīṣatām

“For those whose desire victory, I am morality.”

Puṣya is a successful and prosperous star because it facilitated communion with the divine, which engenders morality, which leads to true victory and prosperity.

What is morality? It is what distinguishes “right” from “wrong.” Right and wrong, though, are not absolute. What is right in one circumstance is wrong in another. It might be wrong to use a knife to kill someone, yet right to use the same knife for slicing bread. It might be wrong to kill someone, but right to kill someone who is on the brink of killing many other people.

Morality is relative. And that’s why it’s complicated.

We can’t really be morally strong without understanding moral relativity: knowing how to apply a moral principle in many different circumstances. This requires serious contemplation, reflection, and depth. Bṛhaspati facilitates all these things: contemplation, meditation, prayer; and by doing so he strengthens real morality, and thus causes us to be more victorious and prosperous.

Through Puṣya, Bṛhaspati empowers human beings to commune with deeper principles. This strengthens morality and causes prosperity and victory. It eventually leads to selfless devotional intimacy with the divine.

(My first "love" (second? third?) but deepest love was (is) a Pushya, (not author's note), my note xD)

The Son of the Sage of Fire

Ṛg Veda (4.40.1) and Mahābhārata (Adi. 66) clearly state that Bṛhaspati is the son of Angiras. Angiras is Brahmā’s son, was born from the coals of a fire. He is therefore a fire-sage. His son, Bṛhaspati is sometimes called “the son of fire,” but this doesn’t mean Bṛhaspati is the son of Agñi, the fire god.

From his father Bṛhaspati inherits affinity and skill with fire. Fire is symbolic of religion and morality because the light of fire shows us the correct path, and the warmth of fire nourishes us. Fire is the focal point of most religious rituals, especially Vedic, because it transforms things. It transforms matter to energy, thus allowing sacrifices to be delivered to the gods.

Bṛhaspati’s mother is named Śraddhā, which means trust, faith, and confidence. The god of communion with the divine is born from trust, faith, and confidence.

Puṣya encourages faith and devotion.

Priest and Guru of the Gods

Bṛhaspati was very religiously inclined from birth and therefore went to a sacred place to commune with the divine. Śiva was very impressed with the boy and granted him the position of the priest and guru of all the gods, and gave him custodianship of the astrological planet Jupiter.

Much of what an astrologer knows as the traits of Jupiter can therefore be transposed into Puṣya. You can think of Puṣya as if it was Jupiter as a star: It is very positive, helpful, nurturing, and allows things to grow, develop, prosper and blossom in a moral and wholesome manner.

Milking the Earth

Śrīmad Bhāgavatam (4.17-18) tells a story which ties into using the udders of a cow as Puṣya’s symbol:

Once upon a time, the Earth became very weak and there was extreme famine. Godhead empowered a king named Pṛthu to remedy the situation. The king took up a bow and threatened the Earth, “you must produce!”

The Earth-goddess in her form as a cow fled as fast as she could, but she could not escape the king. Submitting to him, she explained why she had been causing famine, “No one takes care of me anymore. They just take as much as they can from me, and do not even use my bounty to worship Godhead! Therefore I have made my surface rocky and hilly, so that the water cannot enrich the soil and nothing will grow. But I submit to you now to change this situation! Bring me a calf. The milk I then give will restore everything I have withheld.”

First the king made the chief of humanity (Svāyambhuva Manu) into a “calf” and obtained as “milk” all the grains and vegetables needed to feed the citizens. Then various groups used various people as “calves,” and through those calves they got all they desired from the Earth. The first group to do so was the sages. They selected Bṛhaspati to become the calf, and through him obtained “milk” from the Earth in the form of mantras and hymns that would make the mind clean and pure.

Punishing the King of the Gods

Śrīmad Bhāgavatam (6.7) tells how Bṛhaspati punished Indra, the king of the gods: Once, Indra was enjoying very opulently and luxuriantly in his regal assembly hall, surrounded by beautiful and influential admirers and his extremely beautiful queen. Bṛhaspati entered and Indra neglected to stop his revelry to welcome his priest and guru. Seeing Indra reeking of the typical egoistic pollution that accompanies material enjoyment, Bṛhaspati simply turned around and left. When the doors closed behind his departing guru, Indra suddenly realized his error and went in search of him to apologize. But Bṛhaspati wanted to teach Indra an important lesson, so he became invisible.

The anti-gods heard news that the gods were without their guide and priest, and so they attacked the heavens. They severely wounded the gods and brought them to the brink of total defeat.

This illustrates that without Puṣya we cannot be successful. Being “without Puṣya” means losing our unity with the divine. Ego destroys this union. Thus, when fouled by the ego of power and luxury we, like Indra, lose access to divine communion, and all the blossoms of our prosperity wither.

This story of Indra and Bṛhaspati will continue through many of the rest of the stars.

- DiCara, Vic; Kishor, Vraja. 27 Stars, 27 Gods: The Astrological Mythology of Ancient India (p. 48-52). 108 Books. Kindle Edition.

My first (second, third) loove was a Pushya, oh I already said that xD (<3) (xD)

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
ALSO DEVA (light)! DAMN DON'T THE ASURAS (dark #VADER) WANT TO KNOW?! xD
Have to admit that I'm not at all partial to "light" in most forms :tongue: Only exception might be morally-correct things, which is often referred to, like, "The Light Side."

1 - 20 of 119 Posts