Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Lying, sometimes, when I get away with it, that feeling. Stealing and getting away with it. Maybe it's just a gambling thing, you know, risk-reward. Course, I always prefer a chemically-induced high.

·
Banned
2,116 Posts
Good music, movies, books, visual art and so on.

The clicking sound you hear in your head when something suddenly makes sense where it didn't before.

Reactions: Tipo

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Learning something awesome
Finally understanding something when it befuddled you a minute before
Reading something really interesting and/or exciting
Getting carried away with certain thoughts
Music I particularly like that has a certain message in it that I agree with

Reactions: Tipo and Tyche

·
Registered
588 Posts
absinthe is natural too..

- good music (the making of, the peaks & piques of, the live osmotic absorption of, listening to, dancing [flailing] to, running to)
- stargazing on a blanket in the yard
- rare first-edition signed books in locked glass cases
- the smell of those books
- that part at a party or nondescript social engagement when everybody goes home
- watching dexter, woody allen films, and charlie kaufman films
- the luxury of sleeping enough to remember my dreams
- neck massages, lately
- stabbing hobos

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Personally, reading/researching something i find interesting gives me a major "runners High". Anyone else experience this? and anybody know why this happens?
Running.

I think what you are looking for is: Flow (psychology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think it's comparable. I don't become relax after fulfilling my required INTP duties, I become more excited. However, after a longer and intenser run (or returning from a break from running), my body feels profoundly relaxed. I drive/stroll below the speed limit vs. the accepted/expected speed limit + 5 mph, my ability to focus on anything increases vs. jumping from idea to idea, my legs feel warm with keenly-aware body movement vs walking from Point A to Point B, and I have an overall calmer attitude. It's more than being super-engaged something interesting. It also feels much better while and after.

·
Registered
175 Posts
  • Solving an interesting problem
  • Having lots of manageable tasks with close deadlines
  • Walking into a library with lots of time on my hands (or into a book shop with lots of time and money on my hands)
  • Playing a good tennis match

·
Registered
619 Posts
Good music, time alone, studying something of interest, getting a flash of intuition that solves your current problem...

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
Learning something new.

Being "in the zone" while playing TF2 gives me a natural high as well. Those rare times when it seems like I can't miss any shots and I'm always in the right place at the right time.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Very evil Black metal and beautiful ethereal Post-Rock.

that, and freedom speeches like the one in Braveheart.

"they may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom"

...goosebumps everytime

1 - 20 of 24 Posts