Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What quirky things, pet peeves, makes your blood boil in 0-60 in 5 seconds flat?

I'm asking this because the things that set me off, seem in my own mind stupid/immature to be upset about, but I can't seem to stop it. And that makes me angry at myself.

And when I'm taking myself TOO seriously...I have to stop and laugh at myself. :laughing:

So, how's bout it? Besides seeing if INFJs share the same 'gear grinders' let's break the tension within ourselves & help each other laugh at:

What Grinds Your Gears?

I'll get the ball rolling~

Grinds My Gears--> When one individual is opening up about the hard time they're having - and then some ding-a-ling has to pipe up and say how they've had it way worse or to get use to it, there's 'more to come'. Seriously?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Grinds My Gears--> When one individual is opening up about the hard time they're having - and then some ding-a-ling has to pipe up and say how they've had it way worse or to get use to it, there's 'more to come'. Seriously?
Oh I do that all the time. Consider your gears ground.

What grinds my gears is when people won't shut up about the game and who got the most points.

Also, politics.

Also, religion.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Someone who brags about....well, anything & everything. Why does life have to be a competition?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
One of my personal goals is to not let anything get to me, to let nothing really frustrate me that is trivial. People can only hurt/annoy you if you allow them to. People will always have the potential to grind your gears, that is something one cannot change. What an individual does have control over is how they let other people affect them.

However, I am mortal and imperfect just as the next person so the things I struggle against them affecting me so strongly is injustice and when someone is hurt. These two will always effect me so I pursue on how to react towards that person or thing that is causing those two instead of allowing it to negatively impact me. I try to form it into an opportunity to impact a person's life positively by bringing them up by pointing out what they are doing that is unjust and why it is such instead of gnashing my teeth and clenching my fist.

·
Super Moderator
11,506 Posts
What quirky things, pet peeves, makes your blood boil in 0-60 in 5 seconds flat?

I'm asking this because the things that set me off, seem in my own mind stupid/immature to be upset about, but I can't seem to stop it. And that makes me angry at myself.

And when I'm taking myself TOO seriously...I have to stop and laugh at myself. :laughing:

So, how's bout it? Besides seeing if INFJs share the same 'gear grinders' let's break the tension within ourselves & help each other laugh at:

What Grinds Your Gears?

I'll get the ball rolling~

I have seen countless relationships where the male is king of the castle, and the female is the serf. The serf serves without questioning the king. Yet behind the kings back, the serf wonders how this has happened! Seriously?

Hey, Bright Laughter, I love your signature quote!

Reactions: Bright Laughter

·
Registered
35 Posts
many things make me peeved

1) mom preaching to me when i'm trying to drive somewhere

2) people who don't use their turn signal when they cut in front of me while i am drving

3)When friends respond to texts bout . . . 20 hours after it was sent, or if they don't respond at all

and last but not least

4) friends who preach "make new friends but keep the old" , but they focus almost entirely on the making of new friends part and forget all about their old friends . . . . -huff-

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have seen countless relationships where the male is king of the castle, and the female is the serf. The serf serves without questioning the king. Yet behind the kings back, the serf wonders how this has happened! Seriously?
That, right there, is my number one pet peeve. And I too have seen way too much of it. I have a hard time not forcefully telling the woman to demand some respect or leave.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh I do that all the time. Consider your gears ground.

What grinds my gears is when people won't shut up about the game and who got the most points.

Also, politics.

Also, religion.
Like I said, I find myself doing the very things that upset me. I do it to my son. ("I KNOW you think school sucks, but it doesn't get any better in the workplace!) :crazy:

·
Super Moderator
11,506 Posts
That, right there, is my number one pet peeve. And I too have seen way too much of it. I have a hard time not forcefully telling the woman to demand some respect or leave.
Yes, ma'm, same as me, my #1 pet peeve! I want to say, "Well, you do it.", but I do bite my tongue on this one. :wink:

Reactions: soul searcher

·
Registered
473 Posts
but I do bite my tongue on this one.[/QUOTE

Me too. In most relationships their is a lot complexity that would be impossible for an outsider to detect.

And more on topic, one other pet peeve of mine: People who hold dogmatic opinions about a subject they have not researched enough.

Reactions: zwanglos and Dalien

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one other pet peeve of mine: People who hold dogmatic opinions about a subject they have not researched enough.
oh.my.goodness. - yeah....this is for sure one of mine! Especially when they're just repeating what they heard from a tv show - and haven't researched it on their own AT ALL. <starts pulling hair out>

·
Registered
473 Posts
I found a song that goes so perfectly with this that I just had to share:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
People who chew their food like goats, gets on my last nerve
People who chew and pop gum noisily, I once said if i had a gun i'd shoot
LOL - Both of these made me think of the movie/musical Chicago. If you've never seen it, it's about a bunch of women (in the 1920s?) who are on death row. There's a song called Cell Block Tango. It starts off a teeny bit slow, but so worth it. I think it's hilarious.

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
You know what really grinds my gears? I'll tell you.

1. Water. That refreshing, mountain spring, life giving crap you hear about all the time. Yeah it's all nice and sparkley when you spend money for it like at the grocery store or a fancy beach in Mexico. Pull out the dough and water is all like "I'm all sparkly and shiny and good for you. look at me, aren't I wonderful?" And when you have no money, then water is like F*CK YOU LOUISIANA!!! It unleashes the smack on you with hurricanes and flash flooding. And every now and then it'll fling a shark at you for its own amusement. To this I say F*ck You Water! F*ck You!

2. The clutch in my car. Yeah, the very thing that is supposed to shift my car up and down misses at the right moments and makes that sound ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr. To which I go gggggggggggrrrrrrrrr!!!!! It does it when I'm starting up a hill making almost hit the guy behind me. It does it when I'm on a first date, now the girl thinks I'm a bad driver or I just have a crappy car. Sometimes it does it just to f*ck with me. Yes people, my clutch really grinds my gears.

3. NASAs trip to the moon. Those f*ckers failed miserably and spent our money doing it!!! We were all expecting to see Neil Armstrong to return as the werewolf king but instead he just plays golf while he's up there! ??????!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?! Now we got this genetically inferior crap like teen wolf and twilight. Someone better come out with a real beast. Bunch of sissies.

4.GEARS!!! YES, GEARS!! They work all nice and everything when all is good. In a watch, in a car, in a camera. all is cool if you handle it gently. Bump into them and they're all like "f*ck this, I quit. I don't get paid enough to be treated like this" Just about everything I buy that has gears has to be handled gently or "it breaks". Cry me a river and get back to work!

5. 6. That's right. The number 6. Why? because it's so damn scared of number 7 that it just hides anywhere it can. Big deal, 7 8 9. You would think that after so many jokes it would get the idea and fight the "mighty" number 7 but no! Still hides like a coward.

6. WTF are you still doing here?! Get up there and fight 7!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You know what really grinds my gears? I'll tell you.

1. Water. That refreshing, mountain spring, life giving crap you hear about all the time. Yeah it's all nice and sparkley when you spend money for it like at the grocery store or a fancy beach in Mexico. Pull out the dough and water is all like "I'm all sparkly and shiny and good for you. look at me, aren't I wonderful?" And when you have no money, then water is like F*CK YOU LOUISIANA!!! It unleashes the smack on you with hurricanes and flash flooding. And every now and then it'll fling a shark at you for its own amusement. To this I say F*ck You Water! F*ck You!

2. The clutch in my car. Yeah, the very thing that is supposed to shift my car up and down misses at the right moments and makes that sound ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr. To which I go gggggggggggrrrrrrrrr!!!!! It does it when I'm starting up a hill making almost hit the guy behind me. It does it when I'm on a first date, now the girl thinks I'm a bad driver or I just have a crappy car. Sometimes it does it just to f*ck with me. Yes people, my clutch really grinds my gears.

3. NASAs trip to the moon. Those f*ckers failed miserably and spent our money doing it!!! We were all expecting to see Neil Armstrong to return as the werewolf king but instead he just plays golf while he's up there! ??????!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?! Now we got this genetically inferior crap like teen wolf and twilight. Someone better come out with a real beast. Bunch of sissies.

4.GEARS!!! YES, GEARS!! They work all nice and everything when all is good. In a watch, in a car, in a camera. all is cool if you handle it gently. Bump into them and they're all like "f*ck this, I quit. I don't get paid enough to be treated like this" Just about everything I buy that has gears has to be handled gently or "it breaks". Cry me a river and get back to work!

5. 6. That's right. The number 6. Why? because it's so damn scared of number 7 that it just hides anywhere it can. Big deal, 7 8 9. You would think that after so many jokes it would get the idea and fight the "mighty" number 7 but no! Still hides like a coward.

6. WTF are you still doing here?! Get up there and fight 7!!!
LMAO - I nearly choked to death on a graham cracker from laughing when reading this.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts