Personality Cafe banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to joke with coworkers, "Be careful, you're going to hurt my feeling", when I sensed some mutiny or betrayal. To which they would usually laugh - apparently at the notion that I may only possess few, if any feelings. True, but I protect those shriveled little raisins like a momma grizzly! Betrayal is personal, not business to me. The threat of incarceration has saved many lives - let's just put it that way.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Its because we dont take friendships lightly.Its not something flippant. We are very loyal in our relationships,and give 100 plus percent.
This. Though lately I'm starting to learn that most people don't, even those that you are/used to be loyal to.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I usually drop them like a bad habit and move on. I also kill people with kindness. Ill still talk to you, rub in all your f*cked up ways in your face and in front of people. Trust me. I can take your soul from you without even blinking haha. Showing any signs of vengeance just means they did get the best of me and thats not allowed in my book.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I usually drop them like a bad habit and move on. I also kill people with kindness. Ill still talk to you, rub in all your f*cked up ways in your face and in front of people. Trust me. I can take your soul from you without even blinking haha. Showing any signs of vengeance just means they did get the best of me and thats not allowed in my book.
That's the attitude! :D

And remember what Shakespeare said: "Never expect anything from anyone." ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
That's the attitude! :D

And remember what Shakespeare said: "Never expect anything from anyone." ;)
Damn right and like my father always told me, "Never let no mother fucker put any fear in your heart but YOU!"
I do have an "I-dont-give-a-damn" attitude because I really dont. I look for benefits in life. If you betrayed me, it just proves youre not worth my time. Why waste valuable time seeking retarded ass vengeance when time is money and is valuable. I could care less if someone wants to betray me. Who the heck are they trying to hurt? It sure isnt me lol.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Depends on the context. But the general idea is that I will weight the cost and benefits of revenge and no revenge. Whatever works to be more beneficial to me is what I would do. Not particularly vengeful if there is nothing to gain; if there is something to be gained, then may hell be with you.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I give them a chance to explain themself based on how much I value the friendship. After that, it's all situational. Up until now, nobody has been able to redeem themself.
I'm not an idiot, I can see through your lies biiitttttttch.

I wouldn't shut them off, that's stupid. I'd keep them in my life but I wouldn't look at them the same. My respect for them would fall immensely or become non-existent & I would not trust them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As I’m consistently guarded there is very little exposure of self that could end in true betrayal. So on those rare occasions my toes are stepped upon, the emotional damage is minimal as are possibilities of any vengeful efforts. I generally expect everyone to betray in varied levels at some point, either in direct spite or a simple ignorance. If deemed significant and spiteful, the offender is discarded from my personal/social existence. If ignorance led to the betrayal, offender is short leashed for duration of its memory. If significant and happens again, the person is discarded in a “screw me once…” mentality. Immediate family are the only exception from such exile, but they are short leashed after a verbal lashing. Betrayal is something I will not tolerate in my personal life, and I simply don’t need disloyal people around me. {i.e. I currently have one friend, and I’m cool with that number}

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Usually I am prone to betrayal. Happened to many times to me (ENFP's using me ?). So I usually see it coming and when it does, I use strategic countermeasures.

When I don't see it coming and it does happen. I first analyze the situation and how it happened. Next I will thank the person (in my head) for giving me another scenario. Furthermore, I will no longer help this person in any situation and I will try to counter every move he makes when the chance surfaces.

In my opinion, betrayal on a feeling basis is much more frustration related to me than logic related (as I would see it coming).

·
Registered
284 Posts
All I can say regarding this topic is...

Why the fuck do other people have no loyalties sometimes? Why do trash people like that exist? Why don't people live for principles?

Do they not know what they stand to lose if I were to try to make their lives miserable?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
All I can say regarding this topic is...

Why the fuck do other people have no loyalties sometimes? Why do trash people like that exist? Why don't people live for principles?

Do they not know what they stand to lose if I were to try to make their lives miserable?
My thought, survivability. The law of the jungle is in effect.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nice bump.

To above, it's really just a matter of perception. Everyone has their own view of the world, what matters and whatnot. Some take paths that help others on their way to success, while other's don't care for none but themselves. It's really something you have to accept and acknowledge about the world we live in.

Everyone's different, and you cannot expect them to be like you even though you believe you have the right answer to one's behaviour. Nothing's fair, but we use what we have for better or for worse.

I do find most people to be weak-minded fools blinded by their own view. Instead of whining how bad they are, or hating how it is, pity them instead and do what you can to lead them to a better way. It won't work if they don't accept their wrongs or regret their doings. I've met both those who refuse to accept their wrongs towards me, and I've met people begging me for help, lost in their way. A few years ago my only best friend betrayed me, and I hated it as he wouldn't even admit where he did wrong. He'd rather lose me as a friend than accept his behaviour.

You yourself choose which people you want to spend parts or your whole life with. Life's too short to let trash affect you. So either do something about it, or leave it be. Either way you can't have it affect you or you won't be able to move on with your own life as efficiently.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts