Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get bombarded with at least a few things you forgot to say, ask, or discuss with someone either when you're saying goodbye or after you've already said goodbye and stepped away?

This is obviously an issue I deal with and I suspect I can't be the only one here who experiences it as an INTP.
My theory is it's the TINE combo.

I annoy a lot of friends because while saying goodbye it's like all of sudden I get this burst of questions to explore and then I prolong the goodbye. I'm certain I also annoy co-workers with my follow-up visits with additional insights seemingly moments after a meeting.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Every.fucking.time.
Most of the time I do not prolong the goodbye (because it is just not possible) and I either forget all my questions/thoughts by the next meeting or I write to them later on. Most people do not enjoy the second option very much because they either think I should have shared at the time or just don't care to answer/follow up anymore because they are out of that conversation mentally.

A surprising thing I heard a while ago from a person who I care about (and after that comment, I cared even more) was:
"I know you need time to process things and will have a bunch of questions and thoughts in a few hours when I am gone. I will wait for that moment with excitement." First up till that point I never realized how much I do that (although I knew I did it) and second, it was really nice that she showed that type of understanding in how I function.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Regret, regret, regret;
conversations repeating in my head.

It is decompression.

The same happens when...
Spotting a typo right after handing in your thesis. Realizing your mistake right after making your move in chess. Scoring an instant equalizer on FIFA right after conceding a goal.

The mind relaxes, surrenders. We suddenly have more than just the 'one shot'.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
An extroverted friend told me that I need to let conversations end on their own. That it’s not all about sharing information, especially with women. I took that to heed in meat world, it has served me well. At most I will email or text a link to additional information regarding what was discussed, but that is rare. Now in intrawebzie Yuouuniworse it’s a different story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts