Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That seems like the stereotypical ENP?

Is that why I don't feel like I should be an ENFP?

I don't meet the standards of the almighty ADHD function?

·
Yaybe
4,213 Posts
What Happens when there is an ADHD ENP, that seems like the stereotypical ENP?
You have an Enp with adhd
Is that why I don't feel like I should be an ENFP?
IDK, that's for you to decide.

I don't meet the standards of the almighty ADHD function?
There's no adhd function.

·
Yaybe
4,213 Posts
Reactions: Mistress

·
Yaybe
4,213 Posts
What do you think of yourself?
I'm curious as your are an ISTP.
I don't really know to be honest, On the tests I typed Intp but I wasn't really feeling the intuitive thing so I just went meh and switched over to Istp. So for now I'll stay Istp till I look into it some more or I just meh it again.

I have seen an ISTP say something to the effect that its none of our business.
Do you resonate with that?
I prefer to help people out and answer their questions because I know what it's like to get an unsatisfactory answer from someone else (or worse, no answer) and you're left wanting to know. (plus I like helping)

There are some things I don't want people to know, and that's fine if they ask, I'll just answer I can't/don't want to tell you.

I've always seen "none of your business" used in an aggressive way, I don't think I could get mad at someone who's genuinely curious about stuff (perhaps mad if they pester me after I tell them I no longer wish to answer questions, or I'm not in the mood)

So no I do not, I think it's good to be curious.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't feel the intuitive thing either but was typed as Enfp based on body language, facial expressions, etc.

It must be that "fish-in-water" thing for us not seeing the intuition.

How'd you end up as Istp though?

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
There are ENFPs with ADHD, yes... I can't comment on if that is more commonly diagnosed for our type. Whilst, yes, I may have some personality traits that sound like ADHD on the surface, I definitely don't have it. I'm a calm person and my lack of attention to my work can be chalked down to laziness or a symptom of something else.

What is it about ADHD stereotypes that you assume you should fit?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are ENFPs with ADHD, yes... I can't comment on if that is more commonly diagnosed for our type. Whilst, yes, I may have some personality traits that sound like ADHD on the surface, I definitely don't have it. I'm a calm person and my lack of attention to my work can be chalked down to laziness or a symptom of something else.

What is it about ADHD stereotypes that you assume you should fit?
You know like brains' going a million a miles.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I seem to have an empty head unless I bounce ideas off another person.
That's because we don't generate ideas internally, we find inspiration externally which is the difference between Ne and Ni.

My most creative moments are through brainstorming with someone else.

How do Ne doms retain information to exercise their Ne if their Si are weak?
Si doesn't relate to memory. If it did then how would NJs and SPs remember anything?

We retain information regardless of Si. Si's purpose is to analyse said information. You look back at a memory and question if said method was successful, if so you can use it again in the future. I find Si grips have you utilising Ne and questioning how you could change the past. Which is unhealthy mode to get stuck in because you can't. We learn and move on.

Si users might seem to have a better memory but that's only because they put a more conscious effort into memory since they rely on what has happened as a tool for how to live.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's because we don't generate ideas internally, we find inspiration externally which is the difference between Ne and Ni.

My most creative moments are through brainstorming with someone else.

Si doesn't relate to memory. If it did then how would NJs and SPs remember anything?

We retain information regardless of Si. Si's purpose is to analyse said information. You look back at a memory and question if said method was successful, if so you can use it again in the future. I find Si grips have you utilising Ne and questioning how you could change the past. Which is unhealthy mode to get stuck in because you can't. We learn and move on.

Si users might seem to have a better memory but that's only because they put a more conscious effort into memory since they rely on what has happened as a tool for how to live.
I think our Si bank is messy and ISJs' are immaculate?

Or like a Claw/Crane Prize Machine. I seem to not always be able to grab the prize [thought], but the ISJ is like the hacker winning everytime.

I mean someone could be explaining to me something in person, but I only retain the pertinent information but some of the details go blank or bye-bye.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I think our Si bank is messy and ISJs' are immaculate?
Especially an STJ, I'd imagine they'd use Te to even organise their thoughts. Their brains are like filing systems whilst NFPs are the ones claiming that the clothes covering the bedroom floor is an "organised mess!"

Or like a Claw/Crane Prize Machine. I seem to not always be able to grab the prize [thought], but the ISJ is like the hacker winning everytime.
Yeah, okay, I like that metaphor a lot. It works for me.

I mean someone could be explaining to me something in person, but I only retain the pertinent information but some of the details go blank or bye-bye.
Are you still doubting your type? The more I talk to you the more undeniable your Ne is.

Reactions: pocketDrop

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess I can reassure myself of Ne dom now, thank you. But I guess the aux is now questionable.

What's the biggest difference between us and Entps?

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I guess I can reassure myself of Ne dom now, thank you. But I guess the aux is now questionable.

What's the biggest difference between us and Entps?
Eh, okay, so on the surface, bare stereotypes (which not everyone fits) ENFPs are more likely to be optimistic and sociable idealists. ENTPs are more cynical, devil's advocates. From my experience ENTPs can be very charming but they naturally have more of a fear of getting into 'deep' relationships, by this I mean ones where they are completely open and honest about their emotions. ENFPs naturally tap into this emotional connection with others.

Things have to make sense for an ENTP to treat them as a belief, for ENFPs (so long as we aren't utilising Te) we hold on to beliefs because we sense/feel it to be right, we don't need to prove whether something it wrong or right but and ENTP needs to know why something is wrong or right. ENTPs focus on the cogs of the machine, ENFPs just need to know how to use the machine (metaphorically, not all ENTPs are engineers or even have the patience for that kind or idea, I know my ENTP would never have the patience for that).

Comparing Fe and Te is dangerous territory though because when you look at these functions individually it doesn't sound like the ENTP or the ENFP. And ENTP's Fe doesn't mean that they neccesarily adhere to the values of the community or read the emotional situations of the room because Ti makes them naturally more rebellious than an FJ and on the surface this can also be mistaken for Fi.

As for ENFPs and Te, well, TJs are more likely to be like "these are the facts, this is what we have to work with" but an ENFP's natural stance is to make a decision on things themselves based on how they feel about the situation... both the ENFP and ENTP are likely to try and contradict Te. ENTP with logic, ENFP with feelings.

This is such a big topic I don't know where to start. But there's a pretty obvious difference from my perspective. In social situations ENTPs are normally the humourous teasing one of the group who doesn't normally mean any ill will with their teasing but can offend sensitive people, they are the friends you can rely on to call bullshit when you need them to and are better at genuinly honest critique instead of being too fearful to tread on toes. ENFPs are encouraging one of the group, enthusiastically trying to push people to enjoy things, more likely too scared to offend and yet at the same time they have to stay true to themselves, so long as they are being genuinely true to themselves then they'll adapt to others, otherwise they won't change themselves and that's when ENFPs can come across as stubborn.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
ENXP + ADHD = Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
@ Falling Foxes

I guess I utilize Ti as I try to break down each part of my cognitive functions to better understand them to find my preference type.

I'm not sure how Ne-Te would approach it. Maybe by brainstorming a few ideas and testing it out in the real world? Conducting a poll? Survey? Asking others in person of their feedback?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will now try to use Te to gather results to see more examples of Ne-Te and Ne-Fe loops.

Actually I can just Google it up. There should be plentiful of examples out there already. But I prefer fresh answers.

Not sure if this was a failed Te attempt or Ti kicked in and overruled it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts