Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a thread to laugh at life's absurdities, I mean, what better way to end the day don't you think?

I'll start:

Thinking that my earphones were plugged into my laptop, I begin listening to Dragonforce in the middle of a library. I had no idea that they were unplugged, until the library assistant comes to tap on my shoulder and tells me "what a great song you're hearing, but this is a library, not a concert."

:blushed:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
me and my brother talking about many things. he is has though of putting a giant steel rod at the end of a ares IX rocket and use it as a intercontinental weapon since it would have underground bunker penetration. the very idea was almost as funny as his idea of an "infinite" biscuit machine. he wants to take a giant tube of bisquik and put evenly pour it as a line through a pizza oven. his ideas crack me up alot. he is 22 yo.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I was washing dishes this morning and was paying more attention to my thoughts than the task it seems. Used a bit too much force on a glass and it broke. In my hand. haha Yeah, still bleeding a little. :laughing:

·
Registered
836 Posts
a few weeks ago i sent in a very seriously worded email to the company that makes Cheez-its.

today i got a letter in the mail, and a coupon for a free box of Cheez-its! haha.

it kind of makes me want to start writing emails to all sorts of places... ;)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I was washing dishes this morning and was paying more attention to my thoughts than the task it seems. Used a bit too much force on a glass and it broke. In my hand. haha Yeah, still bleeding a little. :laughing:
got a small cut from a knife paying more attention to my thoughts then the dishes a couple weeks ago. (off topic sorry i am going to make a thread)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Back in September I went to the doctor for a strange rash on my lips. I take daily meds for Fibromyalgia, and when the doc saw what I was taking, he started off about how there's a (relatively small) chance that one of them could damage my retinas. He went on and on before finally stating that he didn't know what was causing the rash, but "he knew how he was going to fix it." He gave me a tube of this steroid cream, and as I was leaving the nurse said, very seriously, "Now do NOT use this more than fourteen days in a row or it WILL rot your skin off." I thought there was some irony there.

Two days later I learned that the rash was actually a sensitivity to petroleum products. No more Chapstick for me. :frustrating:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Oh, just thought of another. Yesterday I went to lunch with a friend who's been pretty stressed. As we're sitting in this nice restaurant, surrounded by people, she begins talking about how she fears her casual pot habit has become a serious addiction. Then she tells me she has worse news - that she thinks she might be a sex addict, too. As she grew more excited, her voice got louder, climaxing (no pun intended) when she declared, "I'm going through a pack of batteries a day with my vibrator!" The elderly couple behind us nearly died, and our server suddenly stopped being so attentive. I was glad when we finally left. :laughing:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh, just thought of another. Yesterday I went to lunch with a friend who's been pretty stressed. As we're sitting in this nice restaurant, surrounded by people, she begins talking about how she fears her casual pot habit has become a serious addiction. Then she tells me she has worse news - that she thinks she might be a sex addict, too. As she grew more excited, her voice got louder, climaxing (no pun intended) when she declared, "I'm going through a pack of batteries a day with my vibrator!" The elderly couple behind us nearly died, and our server suddenly stopped being so attentive. I was glad when we finally left. :laughing:
^That made me laugh today xD

·
Registered
759 Posts
We have this fat ginger cat and a little white dog. How ever there is this other skinny ginger cat but its much fluffier than ours so from a distance it looks like our cat. Anyway the other day it started to come up to me and nuzzled up to me being all friendly so I gave it some cat busicuts and now it thinks it lives here wandering inside begging for food. I just had to chase it outside now, its a little crazy but somebody had shaved its neck so I felt bad for it but now its attached to me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
^That made me laugh today xD
That reminded me of a story my friend told me today - his best mate had divorced his wife and when his kids came to visit they said....

'daddy we know you haven't really left the house'

he asked them what they meant......

and they replied

'well daddy, we found your penis under mummy's pillow yesterday'

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
I'm watching Dance Flick (Wayan Bros) and when Amy Sedaris came on as Miss Camel Toé, I about peed my pants. Silly, not too serious fun. :laughing:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Trying to figure out a Stats Lab on Microsoft Excel with no directions for over 2 hours. It's so hopeless that it eventually becomes funny... not that the INTP I was suffering with would agree... I laughed at the absurdity of our situation and he just threw the calculator, shook the computer, and rolled off the couch crying. The fact that this only made it funnier probably didn't help...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Trying to figure out a Stats Lab on Microsoft Excel with no directions for over 2 hours. It's so hopeless that it eventually becomes funny... not that the INTP I was suffering with would agree... I laughed at the absurdity of our situation and he just threw the calculator, shook the computer, and rolled off the couch crying. The fact that this only made it funnier probably didn't help...
OMG!!! I get like this with SPSS!!!
After a few agonizing hours of frustration it becomes funny.
I'll start acting like a monkey making o-o-arh-arh sounds, exaggerated key punches and knocking on the monitor screen. People think I've gone nuts, but they're also doing stats too, so they can relate :laughing:

·
Banned
13 Posts
Today while I was driving down the road, staring off into space (kind of sad), a friend that i knew ages ago from my high school drove beside and passed me.
He then looked into his mirror, waved, I pulled next to him and gave him the "Lets race" signal.
We raced down the road going 100 or so MPH (he won) but we both smiled at each other as I pulled off at my exit. Such small things in life bring me happiness.:laughing:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts