Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are things peers, family, doctors, teachers, etc mistaken you for or accused you of?

The one thing that always comes to mind is depressed. I told my doctor I get stressed easily and she said that it's just another word for depressed and I'm tricking myself into believing that. Wrong. Pisses me off!

Anyone else?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Everyone seems to think I'm wealthy. . . ahhhhhhh haha hahahahahaha heh.. hrm.. ok.

Othewise, like most INFPs have mentioned in the past, just basically being viewed as a snob. Having some sort of unapproachable vibe at times.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Some people have thought I was a player. That's probably the opposite of what I am and I don't know how I could possibly be mistaken for that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm mostly accused of being emo or goth. I don't even get why they think I'm emo. The two styles are very different, and I don't dress in either of them. Not at school anyway.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Everyone seems to think I'm wealthy. . . ahhhhhhh haha hahahahahaha heh.. hrm.. ok.

Othewise, like most INFPs have mentioned in the past, just basically being viewed as a snob. Having some sort of unapproachable vibe at times.
i think a lot of people might see me as a snob. i have been told "i thought you hated me!" so many times now. i guess it's because when i meet new people i tend to just stick around my friends.

·
Registered
602 Posts
lot of ppl think im shy/quiet/afraid to speak up. so theyre very surprised when I do lol, and ppl are shocked when they find out i smoke. I always get the 'omg u??? but ur so innocent!' hahahhha please.

I also get told im serious/mean looking/intimidating, which i find pretty funny lol, I do tend to have a serious/thinking expression on my face most of the time tho so I can see that.

not to mention my friends think im a pushover lol, or anyone who somewhat knows me. definitely not true, if i see something important or clashes with my values THEN ill do sth about it

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Shallow, without considering the fact that it was the superficial opinions of others that made my relationship with my first love hell in the past.

How nicer my life would've been all these years if I was REALLY that shallow. I would have a new fling by now *sarcastic*

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Shallow, without considering the fact that it was the superficial opinions of others that made my relationship with my first love hell in the past.

How nicer my life would've been all these years if I was REALLY that shallow. I would have a new fling by now *sarcastic*

·
Registered
375 Posts
People tend to think that I am an exaggerative hypochondriac who's looking for attention, because I sometimes point out how I am affected by certain chemicals and my sensitivity to particular stimuli. I have MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) which gives me bad reactions when I am exposed to certain toxins, chemicals, allergens, medications, herbs, etc, as well as electro-magnetic radiation sensitivity, so that prolonged exposure to computer screens, TVs, or cell phones makes my face numb and I cannot think straight.

Around other people it's frustrating because I have to turn down and explain lots of things. "I have bad reactions to milk products, sorry." "I appreciate the cologne, that was nice of you, but I can't wear it...I um, have bad reactions to cologne." "Sorry, I need to pass on the chocolate cake....no really, I must. Why? Because the multiple stimulant chemicals in chocolate combined with sugar significantly increase my anxiety. I'll try a bite, though..."

People think it's all in my head...sigh. I'm on a quest to understand the cause and proper correction of these sensitivities.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts

I agree. Viewed as a snob, but really i'm just to shy or introverted or preoccupied to talk to people. I think my polite almost formal attitude adds to this effect :laughing: Once a random girl got in my face about it, accusing me of being upper class and highly educated, my lack of verbal agility meant that my response was very awkward and embarrasing.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
A flighty, may-as-well-be-blond, space cadet who can't focus on anything to save her life and won't shut up or won't talk depending on the day.

A woman who is far too serious, can't take a joke, thinks too much and won't put down her book no matter how rude it is.

A sweet, naive, and fragile as glass girl.

A random, funny, giggly, geeky gal who is fun to be around.

Invisible, but sometimes has good insights and so worth keeping around for those moments, otherwise of little worth to the overall group.

Someone who gets things done and doesn't seem to mind having more put on her plate and won't complain and just keeps to herself. Comes up with good ideas and has different input, but still kinda weird. Oh, and flexible, she doesn't mind changes or traveling, which is good because that means means we can send her wherever and she won't mind.
------

I think that covers the most typical versions of myself that I present to the world depending upon place/time/group.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A flighty, may-as-well-be-blond, space cadet who can't focus on anything to save her life and won't shut up or won't talk depending on the day.

A woman who is far too serious, can't take a joke, thinks too much and won't put down her book no matter how rude it is.

A sweet, naive, and fragile as glass girl.

A random, funny, giggly, geeky gal who is fun to be around.

Invisible, but sometimes has good insights and so worth keeping around for those moments, otherwise of little worth to the overall group.

Someone who gets things done and doesn't seem to mind having more put on her plate and won't complain and just keeps to herself. Comes up with good ideas and has different input, but still kinda weird. Oh, and flexible, she doesn't mind changes or traveling, which is good because that means means we can send her wherever and she won't mind.
------

I think that covers the most typical versions of myself that I present to the world depending upon place/time/group.
Me exactly!

Reactions: faeriegal713

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
People used to literally think I was a girl. I was a small guy (always have been) and pre puberty I had long hair (down to my shoulders)..... Sooooo I didn't really have and defining manly features yet and had long hair. Countless times a waitress would come up to take my mother and I's orders, only to be addressed as, "Hello ladies! Can I get you some drinks to start with?"

*sigh*...... It has scarred me for life.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Misconceptions:

Snobby/aloof/unfriendly due to shyness
Upset when I am just "neutral" and thinking
Angry when I am just speaking passionately because I'm actually interested in the topic
Hostile/argumentative when I am just being analytical & exploring different perspectives
Not very bright because I am spacey and like fashion
Sweet because I am quiet & easy-going
A totally naive goody-good because I have morals

·
Registered
375 Posts
People used to literally think I was a girl. I was a small guy (always have been) and pre puberty I had long hair (down to my shoulders)..... Sooooo I didn't really have and defining manly features yet and had long hair. Countless times a waitress would come up to take my mother and I's orders, only to be addressed as, "Hello ladies! Can I get you some drinks to start with?"

*sigh*...... It has scarred me for life.
I must ask... Was there anything you attempted to do to counter the female impression? Did you like your long hair enough that you didn't mind receiving occasional salutations as a female?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts