Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we have a thread about dealing with failure, and a thread about our goals, but no thread about what we have achieved. So, I figured I would make one.

Just post some things you've done (relatively recently) that you're proud of!

• Finished playing Edna Turnblad in Hairspray (quite the experience).
  • Finished my portrait of Bernadette Peters, and am actually happy about it came out.
  • Got a full ride to the college I wanted to go to.
  • Was voted "Most Likely to Succeed" by my school (like I didn't know it already... just kidding...but not really).
  • Made my local travel baseball team after a year of not playing.

Okay, Threes (and non Threes), post your achievements!

·
Registered
451 Posts
alright, I'll bite.

I'm most proud that I've made tremendous progress in becoming the person I want to be (truly that person, not just a facade). There are a few more attributes I would like to acquire/change about myself but I am the most happy with who I am now than I've ever been.

Not much else: I'm still achieving but nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Some of my biggest achievements:

• I am extremely resilient and have faced a lot of adversity to get where I am today. I've battled a disability [which required 4 surgeries on and off] but I still managed to complete my MBA and get 5 years of work experience under my belt
  • My MBA is from the #1 University in Pakistan where to get in I had to beat over 6000 other applicants.
  • Whatever success I've earned in life, I had to work extremely hard for, required a great deal of focus despite a disintegrating home and marital life. I stuck to my guns despite it all.
  • Everytime I "failed", I got right back up, re-adjusted my goals and went at it again. I've had to quite an MBA, and 6 jobs because of my Knee disability --- but I always got right back up and went at it again.
  • I've always stayed true to my and my father's principles, values, morals and ethics all my life.
  • I've never worked for an organization purely from the point of view of earning maximum. I made sure the companies I selected were giving back to the community in some way and I was able to craft my own sense of achievement and success by being the best within my own domain/department
  • I once got a 35% raise after only 1 year on the job.
  • I was part of a team that managed to cross the billion mark in sales
  • I took a fledgling start up with only 10 business clients to 30 clients in less than a year. And I was working solo as sales, marketing, operations .. wish I had done that for myself .. it would've been a bigger achievement :p

That's all I can think of right now.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
1. I was born with a disability that required many surgeries as an infant and small child. But I got through them, and fortunantley I had loving parents who istilled in me a sense of confidence, so I have never been ashamed or felt less of myself for my disability. That I think is a big accomlishment in and of itself.

2. I was voted "most musically talented" in my highschool yearbook. That meant alot to me because I pushed myself really hard at guitar, and whenever I entered talent shows at school, I got high off that rush of taking the stage, knowing everyone was applauding for Me.

3. I never let myself be bullied or put down by anyone. If someone was disrespecting me, I stood up for myself -and for others who were getting bullied as well. I never took any shit and by doign that I gained the respect of others around me.

4. I graduated from the Dale Carnegie Course in Human Relations/Public Speaking. It forced me to get out of my comfort zone and helepd me get over my shyness and my fear of talkign to people and being social(although it's still something I struggle with.) It helped me to get over my fear of public speaking, and now when I give talks I have people coming up to me saying "You're the best motivational speaker I've ever heard."

5. I've allways been afraid of driving on the freeway since I had an aunt who was killed in a fatal accident on the freeway, and my Dad almost was killed as well. Well, to get over my fear, I decied to drive 7 hours to Pittsburgh by myself in my shitty car that could have broken down at anytime. I drove nonstop for 7 hours, stopping only once to make sure I wasn't lost. What an experience that was, what a rush! I'm so proud of myself for having the balls to do that.

6. My whole life I've combatted depression. I recently pulled myself out of a severe 6 month depression that lasted from July to February. Some days, just getting out of bed was a huge challenge. But somehow, I pulled myself through it. I'm not out of the woods yet, and some days are better than others, but I'm still here fighting the good fight and I haven't given up on myself yet.

7. After getting a DUI in June of 2008, I went through 3 years of hell. Court system, depression, panic attacks, guilt shame, fear, uncertainty. All of it on a daily basis. My life was hell during that time and there were some nights when I really thought about throwing in the towel. But I perserved and came out a stronger, fiercer person. It took alot of stength to get through that period of time, but I did it and I'm a better Man for it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Ah no way! I'm starting on my bachelor of music therapy in the fall. Do you mind if I PM you some questions I have about musical therapy and such things? The seminar they gave at my school didn't give much good information.
Holy.... yes absolutely!

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
1. I excelled in my two favorite sports, and was being recruited for college teams for one of those sports by the age of fourteen.

2. I was recognized nationally for my abilities in the musical arts, physics (which is funny because I hate math), and journalism fields.

3. I've moved up the ladder quickly at every job I've had thus far.

4. I have pushed through so many injuries without quitting my sports or jobs including injuries such as spinal fractures, ruptured discs, torn ligaments, and more ._.

5. I've been battling the "c" word for almost a year now. I have kept a positive attitude and have still accomplished a lot of what I wanted to do despite it. I will continue to do it, too!

6. I took care of my mother when she became ill even though I was also ill. I can afford treatment because I have insurance... she doesn't have insurance and thus cannot afford treatment. It's been a rough ride, but we've pulled through it.

7. I've performed at one of the most popular music venues in my area, and have also performed at my area's most prestigous music hall.

There are more, but I'll stop there for now. The ones listed are my favorite accomplishments ^.^'

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
1. I excelled in my two favorite sports, and was being recruited for college teams for one of those sports by the age of fourteen.

2. I was recognized nationally for my abilities in the musical arts, physics (which is funny because I hate math), and journalism fields.

3. I've moved up the ladder quickly at every job I've had thus far.

4. I have pushed through so many injuries without quitting my sports or jobs including injuries such as spinal fractures, ruptured discs, torn ligaments, and more ._.

5. I've been battling the "c" word for almost a year now. I have kept a positive attitude and have still accomplished a lot of what I wanted to do despite it. I will continue to do it, too!

6. I took care of my mother when she became ill even though I was also ill. I can afford treatment because I have insurance... she doesn't have insurance and thus cannot afford treatment. It's been a rough ride, but we've pulled through it.

7. I've performed at one of the most popular music venues in my area, and have also performed at my area's most prestigous music hall.

There are more, but I'll stop there for now. The ones listed are my favorite accomplishments ^.^'

Psyched to see you as a 3, madam. You are quite the fighter.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'd been experiencing more failure than successes last year. A few highlights were that I exceeded my target of performing solo at least five times and was also finalist for one vocal competition :) I was also one of the few from my school who managed to get into a special creative writing programme. That's all over though. Right now what I'm most proud of is the fact that I've stopped being miserable over things I cannot change and am daring to take risks again.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Hmm...I can't really remember most of my achievements. I pretty much forget about them as soon as they're done.

Achievements...umm...okay, let's try this:

I picked up my room yesterday so it could be shown to prospective new tenants. I even went ahead and decorated it in a way that looks eye catching (because I want my housemate to find someone so I don't get charged for the month of June. I cannot afford it).

Was accepted to start an internship with an A-list director. I've been applying for two years for it, so I'm pretty thrilled. Although it doesn't feel like an accomplishment, really, because it's not like I chose myself for the position.

Climbed Angel's Landing.

...and that's pretty much it. I honest to God can't think of anything else I've done that's been noteworthy. I'm sure there's something, but nothing comes to mind.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
1. I received a Bachelor's Degree from one of the best public universities in the world.
2. I was a Spelling Bee champion.
3. I have always been a high achiever, grade-wise. I never even had to really work for it. :D

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
@JuliaRhys

What about all your film work? Isn't that an achievement?
Oh, yeah, I forgot. Let's see...

I wrote and helped produce a science fiction short about a world where people have internet connections downloaded into their mind at birth. It starts the festival circuit in a month.

I script doctored a feature thriller about a man who hunts down his young brother's kidnappers. That finishes post this week and gets entered into the festival circuit.

I started the industry early thanks to good connections.

I've worked with two world-renowned production companies.

Ummm...there might be more I'm forgetting. But that's what comes up off the top of my head. Does that work?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts