Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
An amazing connection.

My best friend is an INFP. I can't really describe it, and we never even mention it, but she's that person I know I could be friends with forever. We can go for a while (two months!) not talking to each other and our friendship stays the same. Everything's easy with her, I don't doubt her motives, I don't question things, the connection's just there.
I think it's pretty much the same with any other INFP.
I don't know if it's just me or if there's some actual truth to the INFP/ENFJ soulmate thing, but they're the types I'm drawn to the most. I like INFJs a lot too.

What's funny is I remember the first few days I was on this forum and didn't know about types, I'd noticed how much I liked INFPs. I didn't know we were supposed to get along, but I was like "wow, those INFPs are exactly the kind of people I like". Coincidence? I don't think so :p

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An amazing connection.

My best friend is an INFP. I can't really describe it, and we never even mention it, but she's that person I know I could be friends with forever. We can go for a while (two months!) not talking to each other and our friendship stays the same. Everything's easy with her, I don't doubt her motives, I don't question things, the connection's just there.
I think it's pretty much the same with any other INFP.
I don't know if it's just me or if there's some actual truth to the INFP/ENFJ soulmate thing, but they're the types I'm drawn to the most. I like INFJs a lot too.

What's funny is I remember the first few days I was on this forum and didn't know about types, I'd noticed how much I liked INFPs. I didn't know we were supposed to get along, but I was like "wow, those INFPs are exactly the kind of people I like". Coincidence? I don't think so :p
What i INFP qualities are ENFJs so drawn to?
I'm INFP and, to be honest, I couldn't date another INFP,
so I can't really see the INFP from a lens other than my
own.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
What i INFP qualities are ENFJs so drawn to?
I'm INFP and, to be honest, I couldn't date another INFP,
so I can't really see the INFP from a lens other than my
own.
I can't really explain it, I don't know what's special about them but they just are.

My best friend is loyal, kind, caring, humble, smart, likes music, doesn't like conflict, doesn't gossip, etc... but as I said I have no idea if those are INFP traits, the thing is with INFPs I don't question the fact that I like them, I just do. The only thing that I dislike is the fact that they're quite unreliable.

I like that they have a beautiful way of seeing things, aren't vain or mean... the list could go on.

Why is it you wouldn't date an INFP? I'd like to see if I actually enjoy the things you don't like about yourself.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't really explain it, I don't know what's special about them but they just are.

My best friend is loyal, kind, caring, humble, smart, likes music, doesn't like conflict, doesn't gossip, etc... but as I said I have no idea if those are INFP traits, the thing is with INFPs I don't question the fact that I like them, I just do. The only thing that I dislike is the fact that they're quite unreliable.

I like that they have a beautiful way of seeing things, aren't vain or mean... the list could go on.

Why is it you wouldn't date an INFP? I'd like to see if I actually enjoy the things you don't like about yourself.
Perhaps you lucked out that you found a healthy, mature INFP.
Those traits can be found in any type, I think chemistry with a person
goes way deeper than typology. In general though, INFPs are a
peaceful group, or at least tries to avoid conflict which is tolling
on the INFP. ENFJs and INFPs tend to be very open-minded and
accommodating so perhaps that is why they get on.

I wouldn't date an INFP because I'm introverted and extroversion
is something I'm attracted to. The natural confidence that ENFJs
have with people is incredibly sexy to me. People are usually
drawn to their shadow qualities which they see in others.
Being with an INFP would seem, for me at least, a relationship
of extremes, because if the "ideals" are not compatible there can
be a lot of tension and conflict, which gets exacerbated by the
fact that INFPs aren't known to be openl. Though,
the other extreme would be the depth of feeling two INFPs
would have for each other, I'd imagine if both have very
strong emotions for each other, the experience, I'd imagine,
would be pure rapture: The deep feelings of love and feelings of being understood
would be shared without even saying a word. But it seems the raptures and the ecstasies
alone don't make for a lasting relationship. I dunno, the prospect
of being with a person whose qualities I already possess just isn't that
appealing.

I want someone to pull me out of my own shell and in return
give an extraverted person a relationship with depth and intimacy which they
may be missing. It seems like a good trade off.

Do ENFJs find the private/independent nature of INFPs alluring?
(Cause again, even though I have this trait, I do not find it
appealing in someone else)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I tend to be quite, which is fine, but a *very long* silence drives me nuts. some one needs to make some noise once a in a while otherwise it will feel lonely. ENFJs bring a lot of energy which is exactly what we need.

Basically introverts are drawn to extroverts.

My best friend is an introvert like me and we get a long really well, but when we sit together for a while we eventually run out of things to say and silence looms over.

But on the other hand, I don't really know what I can give an ENFJ in return! It makes me feel selfish to be honest, an ENFJ has so much to give, but, what does an INFP has to give? At least that's what I used to think. After reading about these types I can start to see that we *do* have things to give, but there's still a problem: you have to get really close to us and get to know us really well to appreciate what we have to give. In other words, I can't see why would an ENFJ girl ever find me attractive off-the-bat, which is depressing in a way, because we find them attractive right away, without the whole "getting to know them really well" thing.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I tend to be quite, which is fine, but a *very long* silence drives me nuts. some one needs to make some noise once a in a while otherwise it will feel lonely. ENFJs bring a lot of energy which is exactly what we need.

Basically introverts are drawn to extroverts.

My best friend is an introvert like me and we get a long really well, but when we sit together for a while we eventually run out of things to say and silence looms over.

But on the other hand, I don't really know what I can give an ENFJ in return! It makes me feel selfish to be honest, an ENFJ has so much to give, but, what does an INFP has to give? At least that's what I used to think. After reading about these types I can start to see that we *do* have things to give, but there's still a problem: you have to get really close to us and get to know us really well to appreciate what we have to give. In other words, I can't see why would an ENFJ girl ever find me attractive off-the-bat, which is depressing in a way, because we find them attractive right away, without the whole "getting to know them really well" thing.
Aren't you glad that they like the real you, and not a superficial/fake idea of you? You should be flattered.
If we liked you right away and didn't appreciate what's inside, that would be terrible.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

Unreliable? Hmmm...what makes you say that? (oh and I love how you described your friend )

I want someone to pull me out of my own shell and in return
give an extraverted person a relationship with depth and intimacy which they
may be missing. It seems like a good trade off.
You know, I relate so much to this, not just being an INFP but also a cancer :happy:, Iwonder if the shell is a crab thing or an INFP thing...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Unreliable? Hmmm...what makes you say that? (oh and I love how you described your friend )

You know, I relate so much to this, not just being an INFP but also a cancer :happy:, Iwonder if the shell is a crab thing or an INFP thing...
INFPs will take a while to answer stuff, or not care about showing up on time, etc.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Maybe both

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
INFPs will take a while to answer stuff, or not care about showing up on time, etc.
Well, yeah, I guess our Perceiver nature may make us like that, I am late many times, though I cannot compare to an ENFP I know :laughing:, but even ISTJs are late at times, though not like us/me. I do care though, about showing up on time, it's just I have so many things on my mind, so many things to do and so little time, so many dreams...we can get lost in our world. So yeah, you are right with the things you said, but does those things really make a person to be considered reliable, or are there more important things?

Sure, I could get on time, but I would not do all the things I wanted to do in life and I could answer all messages on time. I think there is a struggle in us for perfection and we are also afraid of some things, that's why sometimes we postpone till last moment. If you see that happening, all you have to do is insist a bit, let us know you want "that" to happen now, by telling us how eager you are for it to happen and how you cannot wait.

I do however treat girlfriends different a bit. I try to be more careful with them with these things, it could be the effect of having leaved with an INTJ though. :laughing:

So is this important to define somebody as reliable, or are there more important things like...stability of love, of feelings, or if you are in trouble and you tell us, we would fight for you till our last breath, or knowing you can count on us in a bad situation.

Or even better, how about this : please Melissa, help us become more reliable, we need your help!:unsure:

(did I touched the right chords in your soul with the last phrase? :laughing: )

Maybe this is also an interesting part of the ENFJ/INFP dynamic, we need you to help us become more organised, we are in a constant "need of help" regarding this and being a helper, you love to help so there will never be boredom in an ENFJ/INFP relationship. At least this is what I think. :proud:

·
Registered
873 Posts
I really want to meet other INFPs... actually any NF will do.

Most people I know are sensors. My best friends are NTs. I met 2 other INFPs before, both male, and I am so thankful because of them that not all INFPs are same. Actually they proved the point that MBTI can't determine the person.

I would like to meet an ENFJ because 1. I don't think I know one and 2. personalitypages.com told me so. I dated ENFPs, INFJs, and some other SF types and ended up being drawn to the ENFPs and INFJs. However, ENFJs intrigue me!

ENFJ ladies, where are you???

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
There is only one confirmed INFP that I know offline.
She is very sweet and helpful, but I hate that she always listens in on conversations and puts her 2 cents in when I'd rather she didn't, plus she is so pedantic and trivial about everything. So yeah on the whole she is a nice person, just a couple of annoying habits. [I know I can be a bit anal about things at home, but I don't like seeing it constantly in my colleague].

Like Gaudy, I wish I knew more Intuitives. While I get along well with Sensors, I seem to be surrounded by them and they don't get that intuitive side of me at all.

Reactions: Urtehnoes

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh! I LOVE INFP's! :laughing: My best friend is an INFP and I have one other friend who's and INFP and he's super awesome too. With both of them they were pretty reserved and quiet the first time meeting, but within a half hour we were joking and talking. The second time I hung out with my best friend we delared ourselves Best Friend Soulmates. INFP's are some of the most awesome friends out there. They help me to be more relaxed and to try new things. They're also very understanding when I need my space too. I have the most fun when I'm hanging out with my INFP's. :laughing: If you don't have an INFP friend you need to get one!

YAY for INFP's!! :laughing:

·
Registered
421 Posts
There is only one confirmed INFP that I know offline.
She is very sweet and helpful, but I hate that she always listens in on conversations and puts her 2 cents in when I'd rather she didn't, plus she is so pedantic and trivial about everything. So yeah on the whole she is a nice person, just a couple of annoying habits. [I know I can be a bit anal about things at home, but I don't like seeing it constantly in my colleague].
this sounds a lot more like an INTP to me. (i've lived with two intps and one infp)

rarely have infps ever infringed upon my life... if they have its always come off as cute and/or naive... theyve never been anything more/less than adorable... id love to hug one right now... urgh...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Honestly, i'm a mixed bag when it comes to INFPs. I guess because I like my Fi to be a 2nd (or even 3rd) function in a partner. Having a Fi-dom I actually don't think I would get along with (perhaps because my Fe is off the scale.) I do get along with ISTPs great though... :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
There's someone I adore and have an amazing connection with who is an ENFJ. :D I've only recently discovered my MBTI and I made him take it too. I wasn't too surprised that yet another test shows us how compatible we are! Not that I needed outside confirmation to know how well we click, but wow. Of course as an INFP, I'm prone to idealising so... :)

I'm not sure what traits each of us have for our type, but he is very sweet, caring, honest, humble and very sensitive to my feelings. I'm usually a harsh and blunt person but he brings out the best in me which, believe me, is very hard to do. Now I want to find other ENFJs. It must be too good to be true.

:laughing:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Now I'm mortified. Why did I rave on about ENFJ's in an INFP thread?! The delete post option is turned off. :(

*facepalm*

I don't know any INFP's in real life but doubt I'd get along with them. It would be interesting to observe how we behave around one another, especially now that I know about MBTI.

·
Registered
873 Posts
On 2nd thought, I just found out that I DO know ENFJs, but they're within my extended family. We get along REALLY well. We act really goofy around each other. Sometimes we have conversations where others might think we're arguing but really, we're just playfully pushing each other's buttons.

I don't know if an ENFJ and INFP are a perfect match since I have 2 new references. They may be a little too active and outgoing whereas INFPs just want to read a book. However, communication, understanding, and just overall getting along with an ENFJ is very comfortable and easy. If only these 2 relatives were near my age, I can have a better reference of the ENFJs. One's in high school and the other is my aunt that's over 30 years older than me. Among my many aunts, I've gotten along the best with her. Among my young relatives, I've gotten along best with her as well.

INFP + ENFJ make great pals. But bring a lot of energy

1 - 20 of 67 Posts