Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently adjusted to working a fairly time demanding job, and I'm interested in getting into a hobby other than playing video games 98% of my free time. I contemplated photography, but as I do that a lot in my current job situation, not preferred. So what do you all do for fun?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
- Reading
- Procrastinating
- Ranting about the books I don't like
- Be anoyingly tiresome with my friends and family about books I like
- Imagining future stories I'll may end up writing
- Procrastinating a bit more
- Traveling
- Imagining places I would love to visit
- Imagining myself living in far away lands
- Crying about my lack of money for my travels
- Ending up watching videos about cats and dogs.
- Socializing in big groups of new people
- Sunday procrastination

Reactions: Mephi and Kawg

·
Registered
636 Posts
Reading, internet web searches, watching funny shows, texting everyone, discord/skype, rock climbing, martial arts, starting random projects, leaving project halfway done, creative writing, taking random classes...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Music. All of the music. I plan to learn at least 10 instruments and be at least decent at them all before I die. I've got 2 down so far.
Travel. But since I can't do that, I talk to this INTJ friend of mine who does travel. She gives me the details.
Math. Just simple algebraic equations to get my brain going.
Mind games. I speed solve Rubik's Cubes just for fun. Those little box puzzles that you have to figure out how to take apart and put back together.
Figuring out how optical illusions work.
Introducing people to things I find interesting.
Coming up with conspiracy theories about anything and everything.
Making a story made out of just puns. This is really fun. We'll go out to a store and head to the movie/book/video game section and make a stupid story based off of puns using the titles of the movies/books/video games.
Going into stores and switching two products so they take each others' place.

If you wish to get edgy:
Drugs.
Alcohol.
Risky driving.
Trying to get kicked out of stores.
Explaining to people why art is slowly dying and not a lot of people are doing anything to help save it.
An immense amount of sex and sex jokes.
Starting the fucking revolution.
Explaining to people how Disney is going to eventually take over the entire world via illegal Monopoly.
Questioning people to think for their selves for once in their fucking lives.
Making fun of old people who make fun of young people.
Making fun of young people who make fun of old people.
Making fun of young people who make fun of old people who make fun of young people.
Making fun of young people who think Lil Pump is the best artist ever. Or an artist at all.
Depression memes.
Planning a murder but never going through with it.
Planning a suicide but never going through with it.

I need a therapist.
You can't spell therapist without "the rapist."
You can't spell manslaughter without "mans laughter."

ahahhahahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Cooking, crochet, singing, belong to a social club, hiking, doing puzzles and playing games with my children, going to book fairs with them (I like finding vintage story books to read with them). I also got involved in community theater and we're currently rehearsing for a musical to be performed in the spring.

I am fortunate to live in an area where there is a lot to do.

·
Registered
ENTP 8w7 sx/so
946 Posts
Hunting, fishing, foraging, reading, listening to music, dancing, canning, knitting, hiking, camping, snowshoeing, skiing, traveling, cooking, gardening, writing, book-club and other social activities, working out, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I probably class a bit older than the others here, but here is some of what I've done.

After doing a BCom, I went to evening classes to learn German. Got a scholarship in Germany to study there for 2 months (had done 8 semesters first).
Came back and started French! Didn't really get into that so I left that. Also did a bookkeeping diploma around that time (mid 20s by then).

I was a lay minister at the Anglican church for 11.5 years along the way, then had the usual ENTP fall out of religion. Church was always my choice, never forced by family. We hardly went when I was a kid.

At one point, my friend and I would go to symphony concerts once a week too. I love classical music.
Probably lasted 4 or 5 years.

Late 20s I went to dancing lessons. Ballroom, latin and line dancing.

Since mid 20s I regularly go to gym. But I take podcasts with so I have brain stimulation during workouts. Fast music for cardio then podcasts. I do advanced step once a week and also yoga 3 times a week.

I love reading but don't do enough.
Also researching all sorts of things.

Weekends I try to spend a good chunk of time gardening. I have always loved gardening and growing veggies.

Oh, and I am a great electrician. Not qualified but I know my stuff from 24 years of learning and doing.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Making new friends
Dating occasionally
Listening to music
Singing
Dancing
Hanging out with friends
Talking over phone/in person (hate texting) with just anyone interesting for hours
Reading
Writing
Drawing
Sleeping (how I love that!)
Cooking, trying out different recipes
Solving puzzles
Thinking, overthinking, and coming up with new theories
Saving drafts of important or interesting ideas, which I mostly don't open again
Assessing and reassessing my strengths and weaknesses
Happy with my life, but always trying to improve its quality by making minor/major changes
Questioning and studying different people, ideas and concepts

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
In no particular order....

-Sex
-Magic The Gathering
-Playing the Harmonica
-Anything I have not done before
-PerC (and a few others like)
-Video Games
-Listening to my two Sons talk w/me or just between them
-Watching my granddaughter navigate life and observing her reactions to it
-Getting into pot head style solve the worlds problems conversations with my ESFJ wife.
( we have yet to solve anything- less- bags of candy and stuff)
-Arguing
-Road trips/car rides with my ESFJ

·
Registered
221 Posts
- psychology (this is why I'm in this forum)
- portrait and nude art photography (both sides of the camera)
- cross country skiing
- quantum-physics (it is not a joke)
- statistics, specifically around visualization and modelling of epidemiology/marketing/social data
- doggies (this takes a lot of my time, but it pays back a lot also!)
- long distance running (lately I outrun my doggies, so starts to be an issue)
- beach & sauna/spa stuff (never a better way to socialize than nude)
- entrepreneurship (something to make profitable, but as not, I put it as hobbies! )
- politics and civil rights
- cooking
- quality sex
- video games, specially tactical/strategy RPG (but I don't have time for that)
- writing (dropped, now I don't have time)
- yoga (dropped, no time)
- philosophy (dropped, no time)
- dancing (nearly dropped, no adequate partners)

·
Registered
ENTP 8w7 sx/so
946 Posts
In no particular order....

-Sex
-Magic The Gathering
-Playing the Harmonica
-Anything I have not done before
-PerC (and a few others like)
-Video Games
-Listening to my two Sons talk w/me or just between them
-Watching my granddaughter navigate life and observing her reactions to it
-Getting into pot head style solve the worlds problems conversations with my ESFJ wife.
( we have yet to solve anything- less- bags of candy and stuff)
-Arguing
-Road trips/car rides with my ESFJ
I know you said in no particular order, but I had a friend over for dinner before he moves out of state and we did some drinking and just reading this I was just imagining ENTPs sitting in bed with their lovers playing magic the gathering while making music on the harmonica. Weird visual, but it just jumped out at me as something totally feasible and appropriate for an evening in.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
I know you said in no particular order, but I had a friend over for dinner before he moves out of state and we did some drinking and just reading this I was just imagining ENTPs sitting in bed with their lovers playing magic the gathering while making music on the harmonica. Weird visual, but it just jumped out at me as something totally feasible and appropriate for an evening in.
I did say no particular order yet I made the list based on what popped into my head first.
So that is probably very telling.

My wife playing Magic The Gathering would be pretty sweet!
At the risk of stereotyping I can say for my ESFJ? Yeah.... Magic is a no go.
She wouldn't even attempt it.

You know Senah, If I made this list even a year ago or a year from now?
It would be different. ENTP things I suppose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
-Reading
-Exhilirting activities (rollercoaster etc.)
-Dancing
-Hanging out with friends
-Improving myself
-Debating (duh)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts