Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share what I recently learned because I think it might be good to express myself a little more and hopefully induce thought or conversation that is constructive to others' lives as well.

I have learned just recently that it is important to understand who your enemies are, because it's not everyone.

This was ground-breaking for me and I'm kind of suspended in a confused state. My entire life I've viewed everyone as a potential enemy and have thus learned to be guarded, apprehensive, aggressive with everyone around me. This has led me to the point in my life where even my own family and my closest friends are afraid of me. Why should I be apprehensive of the people in my life that are most valuable to me? That would only have my best interest in mind?

I think a difference in character and/or the occasional disagreement in method of approach or opinion is not merit enough to overlook the fact that the people closest to us are worth more than getting our way. There is no inherit danger...

While I know that it will take me time to change, this is a lesson I will keep in my soul every waking day, and I will be more mindful of my approach with not just those closest to me, but with everyone.

I have intuitions about people that will guide me anyway.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes I am like you in that I see all strangers as potential threats of some sort. Although I wouldn't say anyone I know if afraid of me but I think that's because I hide my dark side really well because I feel like it's best not to showcase it unless it comes out when I'm majorly pissed the fuck off. I think it's good to be wary of strangers but once you have established some sort of connection with them, it's much more uplifting to trust them inside of continuing to be cautious of them which is very tiring and being paranoid is mad draining.

Nice going though. Even if there aren't that many good people in the world compared to the bad. It doesn't mean that they don't exist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts