Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I have realized something about mystyping, thanks to Katherine Fauvre. Her test says "Focus not on what you have learned, but how you are naturally!". And I also listened to panels from Beatrice Chestnut, where people said that after or while a health crisis they either felt like their integration, wing or desintegration point.

So it hit me.

My major health crisis happened when I was 15! I've already been there. So while of course my type is still there, it's less obvious. It's twisted by trying to change, recover, heal, symptoms of my illness, wanting to be, therapy, coping skills and so on.
So I have to focus on how I was under the age of 15 for a clearer typing.

In the panel there was a 3 describing that. Typical 3. Then she had a major health crisis because of her pattern and started changing. After that she was more focusing on qualities of her integration and wings, automatically.

·
Registered
82 Posts
im the same, its so hard to change though, I was an obv 1 before my mental health change and after it, I became a mix of '7 and 4 symptoms'. idk how to explain this. lemme first explain i know accurate typing shld be through motivations.im jus trying to say the stereotypical 'behavioural descriptions'. I very often feel moody and I started not doing much of my sch work, engrossed in playing games and maintaining a short term happiness, then as a 1 I keep telling myself I gotta stop and do my work and be the smart girl like before but it jus frickin keeps going to and fro from 1 to 4+7 behavioural symptoms to 1 again... :(((((

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im the same, its so hard to change though, I was an obv 1 before my mental health change and after it, I became a mix of '7 and 4 symptoms'. idk how to explain this. lemme first explain i know accurate typing shld be through motivations.im jus trying to say the stereotypical 'behavioural descriptions'. I very often feel moody and I started not doing much of my sch work, engrossed in playing games and maintaining a short term happiness, then as a 1 I keep telling myself I gotta stop and do my work and be the smart girl like before but it jus frickin keeps going to and fro from 1 to 4+7 behavioural symptoms to 1 again... :(((((
Yes, it can be so twisted after a mental health crisis! That makes a lot of sense how you are describing it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey guys!

I have realized something about mystyping, thanks to Katherine Fauvre. Her test says "Focus not on what you have learned, but how you are naturally!". And I also listened to panels from Beatrice Chestnut, where people said that after or while a health crisis they either felt like their integration, wing or desintegration point.

So it hit me.

My major health crisis happened when I was 15! I've already been there. So while of course my type is still there, it's less obvious. It's twisted by trying to change, recover, heal, symptoms of my illness, wanting to be, therapy, coping skills and so on.
So I have to focus on how I was under the age of 15 for a clearer typing.

In the panel there was a 3 describing that. Typical 3. Then she had a major health crisis because of her pattern and started changing. After that she was more focusing on qualities of her integration and wings, automatically.
I stumbled across this site from a therapist who had mistyped as E4. She writes of her experience with clinical depression and how that influenced her mistyping. May be worth a read:

When You’re Wrong About Your Enneagram Number (And I Was)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Shit, I can't even say how my type dynamics were playing out when I was psychotic. I was just psychotic. But I will say that my instinct definitely leaned toward sx. I had a lot of imaginary telepathic conversations with females, particularly one female that were very sx instinct in nature.

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
15,017 Posts
You do know that 1 has lines of connection to 4 and 7, right?

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
15,017 Posts
ya I know, aren't we talking about the disintegration points?
Integration and disintegration points were added by more modern interpretations of the enneagram. It wasn't always so. Can we devolve if we go too far into our disintegration point? Sure. But if we learn to balance that with our integration point, I believe we can take the best of both connection points just as easily as we can take the worst. We can draw from both to become more than our core type alone. That's the whole point of the enneagram, IMHO. We are given an incomplete map of the world by our core type. It is only when we are willing to sail beyond the edges of that map and see what else is possible that we can grow more healthy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts