Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not to be a trouble maker, being a newb and all...but...why are ISTJ's a clock? Shouldn't we be some sort of...Justice-y...thing?

Ok, let me sound a little more intelligent about this, now. Haha.

I understand the desire to point out ISTJ's rule/law abiding nature. Seeing as I, an ISTJ, am very strict in that area myself. So, to me, the clipboard does make a certain amount of sense.
The clock, I can gather, is referencing our little issues with punctuality? I would certainly vote for the clipboard over the clock. But that is just my personal opinion. I cannot speak for all of my type. Hee.

Even so...a clipboard doesn't really appeal to me.

I don't know. Perhaps I'm just jealous of all the cool stuff that the Extroverts get. D:

·
Registered
134 Posts
My turn. I got some good ones...

ESTJ - Police badge

INFP - Flowers

INFJ - Crystal Ball

ESTP - Black belt

ISTJ - Business Suit

ISFP - Paintbrush & Palette

INTP - Glasses

And that's all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I like the idea of paintbrush and pallet for ISFPs. ISFPs are awesome!!!!!
and for the INFPs flowers....hmmmm I love flowers....

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I like the effort; glad you are working the details. I like the shirt and tie (but I'm a guy) instead of the crown for ENTJ, because it implies some royal birthright. We prefer to think that we got where we are by doing well in a meritocracy and we are now running it behind the scenes or out front.

Maybe an icon of White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. :eek:)
They're using Napoleon's crown. ; ]
(actually, not quite, but the maker of that icon set apparently intended it that way --I downloaded the set and it's the file name)

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
I don't get flowers. I mean I get it. I just don't like em.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'd say a bird for ENFPs because we're free...I know the most often associated qualities of ours are spontaneity and partying type people who love ot be around people, but we're all free people who don't want to have one option...we don't want to have a schedule and we don't want to live routine lives to where we knows what's gonna happen next...and we're the complete opposite of perfectionists; We're free and go where we want because we know we can go anywhere in life...and we sometimes don't really know where that is

And it's a colorful bird which represents what colorful people we are...we can be extremely silly and extremely serious and everything in between :)

Reactions: miamano

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't wanna be a watch or a business suit.

I wanna be something cool. Like a fire breathing tiger!

--
This Whine-a-nation was brought to you by the more childish side of this ISTJ and viewers like you. :laughing:

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you haven't already decided and would like to hear my opinion, I personally don 't think the paper- feather-quill fits INFP, or at least not at all me, since I'd never use a feather quill because the making of that quill could very well involve injuring birds, and if it didn't it would still be "advertising" using animals for commercial purposes which I'm very much so against.
Maybe a normal pen or a different looking heart from the INFJ icon? I dunno, wish I could be of more help.
Also thank you very much for all the work (I'm guessing?) you have put in to this wonderful forum. :happy:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Gotta admit, I really don't like seeing the icons displayed in those garish colors on the main forum page :x Looks tacky to me.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I prefer the old listing, as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm not really feeling any of the proposals so far for INFP or INFJ.

As for INFP, the category to which I belong, any icon that suggests a particular creative or artistic affinity is going to fall flat with me. I can't write a story to save my life. I tried taking a class once, but it didn't help at all. I did come away with the very interesting conviction that my teacher and I probably shared a learning disability, but that's about all I got from it. I very strongly like some music but tend to take it in small doses, and usually for very functional reasons, like improved concentration or something to dance to. I haven't touched my music library for weeks, which is about normal, and feel annoyed when people try to get me to listen to a song.

I don't mind some of the other suggestions involving fantasy or flowers, but I have to object anyway on behalf of our male INFPs. The perception of INFPs I think is already rather distressingly feminine. Can we find something more inclusive?

Even though it just a thought, I liked the suggestion of water.

And for INFJs, my sister is in this category. A heart is not wrong, exactly, but it is really different than anything a person would probably think when meeting her. She is a scientist, and though her motivation is deeply personal and has to do with righting what she sees an an intolerable oversight in society, you might see the evidence of her drive but you would never discover the nature of its source without knowing her for months, and becoming one of the rare people she trusts that much. From the outside it looks like powerful but generic ambition. She is sometimes painfully shy but opinionated. Her insight is rare and cutting, but people are often a mystery to her. All our lives she has told me stories of the people around her and I have explained, to the best of my ability, what they mean.

You would not go to her for healing. You would go to her for her hidden strength and ferocity. She has always known exactly where to draw the line, and that is her deepest core, unmoved by outside influences or self-doubt, making short work of complexity, even conflicting or misleading information. To me, if you will forgive me while I wax hyperbolic for the sake of imagery, she is a mercenary hero or possibly a sleeper agent disguised as a meek young woman. Her power and perception are emotional, but her weapons are pure intellect, and if you could see them coming that would mean it was already too late to dodge.

I don't have the slightest idea how to represent that in an icon. I apologize for that, because I'd love to be able to offer a physical contribution rather than this, which really doesn't directly contribute to the cause.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd say a bird for ENFPs because we're free...I know the most often associated qualities of ours are spontaneity and partying type people who love ot be around people, but we're all free people who don't want to have one option...we don't want to have a schedule and we don't want to live routine lives to where we knows what's gonna happen next...and we're the complete opposite of perfectionists; We're free and go where we want because we know we can go anywhere in life...and we sometimes don't really know where that is
I completely agree! A bird would be perfect!

101 - 116 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.