Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back then, if we have an eMail we should not wait too long for the reply of our Pen Pals...
It takes a week or more than waiting for the post man to arrive and give you the letter of your pen pal...

·
Registered
52 Posts
If we would have had email there would have been so much gossip at my high school it would have been nerve wracking to get through one day. if we would have had email at my high school it would have been murder.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
We had the "party line". We could call the time lady and in between the 10 second intervals we could shout at others, flirt, and swap phone numbers. It was more risque than chat.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I had email as far back as 1984 via FidoNet. Where were you nerds? :crazy:
I was busy being cool owning compact discs and a compact disc player.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I definitely would have kept up with my friends in the Philippines and the U.S. whom I lost contact with back in the 1980s if we all had e-mails. I was in the Philippines back in the late 1970s and had dozens of Friends there. I don't even know what happened to them. Same in the U.S. We moved around a lot, so I drifted away from my grade, middle, and high school friends. Heck, I was in the U.S. Army back in the early 1990s and I don't even know what happened to those fools except for one blogger who I came across online a few years ago LOL. In fact, I need to do a 30th Anniversary graduation video of some sort with my 30 year old pictures I took in the U.S. Army.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts