Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I took a number of test today and each one it was clear that I am an "E" and a "P", but some say I am an ENTP, while others say I am an ENFP. One test had me in the EST/FP range.

So what questions do I need to ask myself or information do I need to supply everyone to find out what I am? I read a lot of the "You know you're an _____" treads to see which ones I relate to the best, but I related to both ENFP / ENTP's.

Thanks, looking forward to learning more about this, as I am planning on returning to college next spring and I'm kinda of going through a mid-life career change, break-down, etc right now. :confused: Would love to understand a little more about why I do or don't do some of the things in my life.

Have a great day!

SirDude

Reactions: joyrjw

·
Registered
606 Posts
Tests don't really know who you are, making even the professional ones that you pay for not always accurate. Have you tried looking at functions? If you are in fact an EP, then Se or Ne is your dominant function. Which of these descriptions relates to you more?

Extraverted Sensing (Se) occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.
or

Extraverted iNtuiting (Ne) involves noticing hidden meanings and interpreting them, often entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea or interpreting what someone’s behavior really means. It also involves seeing things “as if,” with various possible representations of reality. Using this process, we can juggle many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our mind at once with the possibility that they are all true. This is like weaving themes and threads together. We don’t know the weave until a thought thread appears or is drawn out in the interaction of thoughts, often brought in from other contexts. Thus a strategy or concept often emerges from the here-and-now interactions, not appearing as a whole beforehand. Using this process we can really appreciate brainstorming and trust what emerges, enjoying imaginative play with scenarios and combining possibilities, using a kind of cross-contextual thinking. Extraverted iNtuiting also can involve catalyzing people and extemporaneously shaping situations, spreading an atmosphere of change through emergent leadership.
Also if you are a true EP, then your second (auxiliary) function will either be Ti or Fi. Which of these two descriptions fits you more?

Introverted Thinking (Ti) often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles. These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea. This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. In so doing, we search for a “leverage point” that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system. We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what’s observed.
or

It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling (Fi) judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.
I'd also suggest looking at interaction styles. Which of these four descriptions fits you best?

Chart-the-Course - The theme is having a course of action to follow. People of this stylefocus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done.

Behind-the-Scenes - The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this style focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result.

In-Charge - The theme is getting things accomplished through people. People of this style are focused on results, often taking action quickly. They often have a driving energy with an intention to lead a group to the goal. They make decisions quickly to keep themselves and others on task, on target, and on time. They hate wasting time and having to back track. Mentoring, executing actions, supervising, and mobilizing resources are all ways they get things accomplished. They notice right away what is not working in a situation and become painfully aware of what needs to be fixed, healed, or corrected.

Get-Things-GoingThe theme is persuading and involving others. They thrive in facilitator or catalyst roles and aim to inspire others to move to action, facilitating the process. Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. They Get-Things-Going™ with upbeat energy, enthusiasm, or excitement, which can be contagious. Exploring options and possibilities, making preparations, discovering new ideas, and sharing insights are all ways they get people moving along. They want decisions to be participative and enthusiastic, with everyone involved and engaged.

Reactions: Liontiger

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NewSoul,

Thank you for the information, I read through all of it a number of times and determined that I best fit the "Se" from the first part," Fi" from the second part and the "In-Charge" out of the four in the last part. None of them peg me 100%, which I didn't think they would. I hope this is enough information to clarify what I am missing.

As for the EP, with all the test I took, they all came back around the 70% E, 70% P. I guess this is why I don't fully fit the "In-Charge" description or have trouble in general leadership areas, even though I have owned four different small companies I am not a "natural leader" like some E's.

I also wanted to add that the reason I started looking into the personality type is for a career change and to help explain some of the things that make me so different from most people around me. Two notable things are:

1) When I see something that, let's say is broke / needs repair, I just see the final repair, and go about fixing it, but can't explain how or why I know what to do to most people.

2) I am a "jack of all trades, master of none" kind of person. As long as I am interested in learning about something I will stick with something, but I want to learn about everything, so my thoughts are like a big plate of noodles. They just flow from one to the other if I let them. My life is like this in places I have lived, job interest, etc.

Looking forward to hearing what you or others have to say.

Thank you,

SirDude

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
SirDude said:
1) When I see something that, let's say is broke / needs repair, I just see the final repair, and go about fixing it, but can't explain how or why I know what to do to most people.

2) I am a "jack of all trades, master of none" kind of person. As long as I am interested in learning about something I will stick with something, but I want to learn about everything, so my thoughts are like a big plate of noodles. They just flow from one to the other if I let them. My life is like this in places I have lived, job interest, etc.
Hm, this sounds a lot more like Ne than it does Se, which would make you an ENFP. Have you checked out their descriptions and see if they fit?

Also, don't worry too much about the interaction styles. I'm not a big fan of them when it comes to figuring out type, personally.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Hm, this sounds a lot more like Ne than it does Se, which would make you an ENFP.
I find that very interesting, because my first thought was that that description could be a stereotypical description of an ISTP.

I would consider you an ISTP except for the fact that you sound nicer and politer and more feeler than thinker and plus you chose Fi over Ti^-^.

I don't really see any Ne or Si from what you wrote.. And you said you use Se over Ne, so I think you really do use Se/Ni.

If you go to this site: Introverted iNtuiting it lists descriptions of the different functions.
Which do you think you prefer between Fi and Fe?
Which do you think you prefer between Se and Ni?
Which do you think you prefer between Si and Ni?

And why do you think you are an extravert or introvert?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, so I read through all the Fi, Fe, Se, etc. None of them jumped out at me, so I found a list of the 16 types and read through general overviews of all of them. I narrowed it down to three, ENTP, ENFP, and ESFP. I then went through and picked out all the very strong points that relate to my personality. Here's what I found, I hope you guys can make sense of it. :happy:

ENTP
They are constantly absorbing ideas and images about the situations they are presented in their lives.

They are quite flexible and adapt well to a wide range of tasks.

They are good at most anything that interests them.

As they grow and further develop their intuitive abilities and insights, they become very aware of possibilities, and this makes them quite resourceful when solving problems.

Their perceptive abilities cause them to see possibilities everywhere.

They get excited and enthusiastic about their ideas

Following through on the implementation of an idea is usually a chore to the ENTP ,this results in the habit of never finishing what they start.

Although the ENTP is more interested in absorbing information than in making decisions, they are quite rational and logical in reaching conclusions.

They love to debate issues, and may even switch sides sometimes just for the love of the debate. (I love to play devil's advocate with my friends)

NOT TRUE FOR ME--> may not value other people's input enough, or may become overly harsh and aggressive. 180 DEGREES FROM ME

Under stress, the ENTP may lose their ability to generate possibilities, and become obsessed with minor details.

ESFP

ESFPs live in the world of people possibilties. They love people and new experiences.

NOT TRUE FOR ME --> enjoy being the center of attention.

Strong inter-personal skills, and may find themselves in the role of the peacemaker frequently.

They are usually very sympathetic and concerned for other people's well-being.

They're usually quite generous and warm.

They are very observant about other people, and seem to sense what is wrong with someone before others might, responding warmly with a solution to a practical need.

NOT TRUE FOR ME--->dislike theory and future-planning

The entire world is a stage. (The reason I'm studying Mandarin and going back to college)

NOT TRUE FOR ME---> They love to be the center of attention and perform for people.

They enjoy stimulating other people's senses, and are extremely good at it.

One of their greatest gifts is their general acceptance of everyone.

THIS IS A VERY STRONG POINT ---> However, once crosesed, an ESFP is likely to make a very strong and stubborn judgment against the person who crossed them. They are capable of deep dislike in such a situation.

They learn best with "hands-on" experience, rather than by studying a book.

ESFP may have difficulty in school. On the other hand, the ESFP does extremely well in situations where they're allowed to learn by interacting with others, or in which they "learn by doing".

Have a very well-developed appreciation for aesthetic beauty, and an excellent sense of space and function.

They're likely to have a strong appreciation for the finer things in life, such as good food and good wine. CHAMPAGNE TASTE, BEER MONEY!

Great team player.

Should choose careers which offer or require a lot of diversity

Like to feel strongly bonded with other people, and have a connection with animals

NOT TRUE FOR ME---> Enjoy small children <--- not for me. I get along and will do what I have to do, but don't want any or try to distance myself from them.

They're likely to have a strong appreciation for the beauties of nature.

ENFP

Deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit in with your personal value system.

Live in the world of possibilities, and can become very passionate and excited about things.

Have an unusually broad range of skills and talents.

They are good at most things which interest them.

Project-oriented, they may go through several different careers during their lifetime.

VERY STRONG POINT----> To onlookers, the ENFP may seem directionless and without purpose, but ENFPs are actually quite consistent, in that they have a strong sense of values which they live with throughout their lives. Walking in step with what they believe is right.

They see meaning in everything, and are on a continuous quest to adapt their lives and values to achieve inner peace.

ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects. This can be a problem area for some of these individuals.

VERY STRONG POINT ---->Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values.

May fall into the habit of dropping a project when they become excited about a new possibility

They are genuinely warm and interested in people, and place great importance on their inter-personal relationships.

Have a strong need to be liked.

They have an exceptional ability to intuitively understand a person after a very short period of time, and use their intuition and flexibility to relate to others on their own level.

NOT TRUE FOR ME--->They place no importance on detailed,

They have an amazing ability to intuitively perceive the truth about a person or situation, but when they apply judgment to their perception, they may jump to the wrong conclusions.

The strong sense of values will keep many ENFPs dedicated to their relationships.

Sometimes the ENFP will want to be their child's best friend, and at other times they will play the parental authoritarian. Many go into business for themselves.

Ability to be quite productive with little supervision, as long as they are excited about what they're doing.

Because they are so alert and sensitive, constantly scanning their environments, ENFPs often suffer from muscle tension.

Strong need to be independent, and resist being controlled

Need to maintain control over themselves, but they do not believe in controlling others.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is how I would describe myself.

Very talkative.

Don't like to be the center of attention.

In a room of strangers I will be part of most conversations within a short time.

I am easily forgotten or left out of events, even by my close friends. I hear time and time again from my friends "oh, sorry, we totally forgot you would be interested in whatever." I am not sure if this is because of my personality or the fact that I am very happy going off doing my own thing all the time and they just assume that I am busy or something.

Have a very strong sense of details. If I was to write a story that involved a tree, I would not just say something like "the person walked passed the tree." It would be more like "the person walked passed the dark brown tree with missing bark from where a car crashed into it in the past etc."

Also very into details / senses around me. i.e; feeling, seeing, hearing, etc. I use this information when I normally talk with my friends. Some people say I give too much information. My ex-wife works with the blind, it drives her nuts because I give such great deals when talking with her blind students. But she personally likes the "cliff notes" of anything I have to say. :bored:

Very big into planning for the future. Since I was a young teen I have thought of what I want to do with my life and how I want to retire. So I think very well in both short and long-term details / plans / goals.

Most people don't have to ask what I am thinking because I live my life pretty much like an open book. Some take it as complaining, but in general I am only looking for feed-back. So I like to share my thoughts, problems, pains, and then see if anyone else has dealt with the same things. (that's one things that gets to me, it's where I am very mis-understood.)

I enjoy taking calculated risk. I use to be a Rock Climbing Instructor, travel to smaller countries by myself, etc. Most people around me think I'm a little nuts, but it seems normal to me! :confused:

Most people think I have no direction in life, but it's all pretty clear in my head. This is a big one, I have my long-term and short-term goals, and most of my friends think I am jumping all over the place, but to me it's all part of getting me to my final point.

Need time to think things through on my own, but after I answered all the questions I can come up with, then I like to hear what my friends have to say and then I go back to the drawing board to work out any details I might have missed. (normally there isn't any)

!! I give a lot of "warnings" or "apologize" before I say something that is going to even come close to hurting someone's feelings.

Most people who meet me will spill their deepest secrets after a short amount of time talking.

Most women find me to be more like the big brother they don't have, or if they are the ex-girl friend of one of my guy friends they will say something like "why can't I meet guy like you" and then go on dumping all their feelings.

My thoughts move 10 times faster then my brain can handle, until I lay down to go to sleep. For some reason when I close my eyes and stop moving, then I "see" everything clearly. I come up with all my best ideas between 10pm & 1 am, for that reason I keep a notepad on my nightstand to write thoughts down for the next day.

Speaking of notes, I love list!! I make list of everything. The more I can get out of my head the happier I am.

Very thoughtful of people's feelings, etc. I will pay attention to things like making noise while someone is reading or sleeping.

If I can anticipate something someone might need and can have it ready for them in advance I will try my best.

Hope all this info helps.

Thanks,

SirDude

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
It may be best to try looking into the different functions...
http://personalitycafe.com/myers-br...iled-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html has some info on them..

Or maybe going on into the different forums like the INFP, ISFP, ENFP forums or others and seeing if you are talking to people just like you?

I tend to think that you are INFP although ISFP or ENFP would be my next guesses and the thing is there's a good chance I am wrong, so I don't want you to completely believe me and be misled:p

An INFPs functions are Fi, Ne, Si, Te. I just get the sense of Fi - introverted feeling - from what you wrote, like you pay a lot of attention to your feelings and how you think people might feel based on what you feel. I also think you have Ne - extraverted intuition - from how you plan a lot for the future and have lots of ideas and Alistair also thought your other description showed Ne instead of Se.Si - introverted sensing - likes to concentrate on all the details in the past. I kind of sense a lot of S and F.

Then there's an ENFP whose functions are Ne, Fi, Te, Si. Since they are extraverted, probably their Ne and Te functions would be more noticeable, but I don't know. Maybe you are ENFP?

I also considered ISFP since they have Fi, Se, Ni, Te. But since their sensing function is extroverted, they live more in the present then thinking of the future (Ne) or past (si or ni) so I'm not sure about that one.

Maybe you are even ISFJ? Maybe what I'm calling Fi is really Fe...

I guess it depends on what you think? Maybe there's another type more appropriate?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pc3000,

Thanks for your input. I have been doing what you mentioned, (viewing the different boards ENFP, ESFP, etc) and if I had to chose one type right this minute I would say it's the ENFP. I think the fact that I am consistently right in the middle of the NS & TF that I can relate to all four types.

I don't know what more to say since I don't know anything about how all this works and in some ways don't want to cloud my input by know what each part does. I do know that just about every test I have taken I score around the 70% E & 70% P, and then most of the time I fall right in the middle of the SN-TF's.

Something that I have been wondering about is, some time ago I took a left-brain / right-brain thinking tests. That was very clear that I am on the right-brain thinker side. (around 55-60%) From what I got out of that information Right-brain thinkers tend to be kind of backwards in their thinking from the left-brainers. I guess most school classes are taught for left-brain thinkers.

Anyway, not sure how it comes into play, but since I process information through the right-brain, could this have an effect on the personality test? I'm thinking it does not, but since I tend to be backwards from most people around me, I had to bring it up.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

SirDude

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It may be best to try looking into the different functions... [your link] has some info on them..
OK, so I read all the info on your link and this is what stood out / I related to.

Ne users will often have many ideas very quickly but not know if they're good until they hear other people's reactions to them, or have a chance to experiment and see what happens. Ne wants very badly to be understood and appreciated by others.

the classic Ne vs. Si battle: Ne wants to try something new just for the sake of doing something different and finding something interesting
I couldn't relate much to Te, Ti was a little bit better, but Fi was the best match out of the last part, with one part really standing out.

Fi people are typically very good at picking up emotional vibes in the tone of voice and word choice of others. They often know what you're feeling even better than you do because they're aware of the subtle effects that different emotional states have on our behaviors and can pick up cues about how you're feeling that you didn't even intend to give off. For this reason strong Fi users are profoundly empathetic and tend to understand and identify with basic human needs on a profound level. If you were to criticize someone's behavior from an Fi standpoint, it would be in the form of, "What you are doing is hurting my feelings/violating my ethics/preventing me from fulfilling my basic human needs." Strong Fi users often feel a certain connection to the beauty of nature, animals, and life itself, simply "knowing" deep inside themselves that life is sacred and all individuals possess inherent value.
So does this mean I would most likely be an ENFP?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
It's interesting how you say that you may be more right-brained because as on this page: http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/9648-types-brain-pseudo-science-behind-mbti.html some psychologists theorised that Ne, Fi (which you like) are right-brained functions.
They estimate:
Left: Te, Fe, Si, Ni
Right: Ti, Fi, Se, Ne
Well in any case in theory everyone uses two functions from the left hand side and two from the right hand side so there are no totally left-brain or totally-right brain thinkers which is good since they may then be only using half a brain.

So does this mean I would most likely be an ENFP?
Maybe? I think if a person understands the cognitive functions and doesn't have any biases, then since they know best about how they think, they are the best person to decide what they are.

You say you like Ne and Fi so you probably are ENFP or INFP who use the functions Ne, Fi, Te, Si.

Tests sometimes give different results because people use all four of their functions at various times. Sometimes you might use Si or Te even though Ne and Fi are still the top two functions that you like best. Also the descriptions they have of the types are usually generalisations and aren't true for all people of that type.

Maybe it's also because you prefer Fi over Te that you are not a "natural leader" like other E's? Sometimes people want you to tell them what to do based on logical "what works" principles instead of based on the feelings of people.

If you are looking at careers based on this, you might also like to look at both INFP and ENFP stuff just because they both have Ne and Fi as their top two functions.. and you seem to like those two:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I AM AN ENF/TP I SCORED 50% THINKING AND 50% FEELING. I THINK MY EXTERNAL PERSONALITY IS MORE OF AN ENFP HOWEVER THE WAY I PERCEIVE MYSELF IS MORE ALONG THE LINES OF ENTP. I ALSO HAVE EVOLVED FROM WHEN I TOOK THIS TEST WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. I USED TO INDEFINITELY BE A ENFP WITHOUT QUESTION BUT I HAVE GROWN A LOT AS A PERSON AND I HONESTLY THINK THAT IS WHY I HAVE TRANSITIONED. WHEN I AM AROUND OTHERS I CARRY MYSELF AS ENFP, HAPPY, WITTY, THE JOKESTER, ALWAYS WANTING TO MAKE PEOPLE SMILE; HOWEVER I BELIEVE I AM MORE ENTP IN MY DECISION MAKING PROCESS....I HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE. IT IS A MORE PERSONAL UNDERSTANDING FROM SOMEONE ELSE WHO ACTUALLY IS ENF/TP ....THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE:crazy:

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
Oh, there are plenty of us who think/have thought that we were ENxP. But here's the thing: you don't become one or the other. You can think you are one and be mistaken, you can seem as though you are a certain type and not another, but you only have one true type.

Honestly, though, from reading your posts I get more of an ESFP/ENFP impression from you. You put a lot of stock into the tests and numbers, so that would make you more ENFP/ESFP than ENTP because of the tertiary Te. I don't really think you have much Ti at all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
oh, there are plenty of us who think/have thought that we were enxp. But here's the thing: You don't become one or the other. You can think you are one and be mistaken, you can seem as though you are a certain type and not another, but you only have one true type.

Honestly, though, from reading your posts i get more of an esfp/enfp impression from you. You put a lot of stock into the tests and numbers, so that would make you more enfp/esfp than entp because of the tertiary te. I don't really think you have much ti at all.
people evolve personalities evolve so i dont see how a person cannot transition from one to the other. I am a prime example of someone who used to be an enfp absolutely. Recently i have taken the test several times and have been called both enfp and entp and one test even broke down the percentage as 50/50 this is an ignorant statement because it implies that people dont change. My friend went from being infp in her younger days to isfp now how do you explain that?

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
people evolve personalities evolve so i dont see how a person cannot transition from one to the other. I am a prime example of someone who used to be an enfp absolutely. Recently i have taken the test several times and have been called both enfp and entp and one test even broke down the percentage as 50/50 this is an ignorant statement because it implies that people dont change. My friend went from being infp in her younger days to isfp now how do you explain that?
Could be the test sucked originally, the person misunderstood the questions, the person lied to him/herself. Lots of reasons for getting various results. Simple fact of the matter once you hit adolescence your personality should never change dramatically (unless temporary cause of "trauma").

Reactions: Liontiger

·
Registered
75 Posts
Could be the test sucked originally, the person misunderstood the questions, the person lied to him/herself. Lots of reasons for getting various results. Simple fact of the matter once you hit adolescence your personality should never change dramatically (unless temporary cause of "trauma").
My results haven't changed dramatically I i used to be more of a feeling and now I am equally feeling and thinking that is not a dramatic change and it can come with an evolving personality. I can see where I personally have changed in this area I cant speak for anyone else but I have never lied on this test and have been tested by a psychologist.
I found my self being more responsible and detail oriented after I hit age 25 and I believe those are definitely traits of the thinking personality, I used to have to work hard at it, now it comes easy. I can only speak for myself whom I do know personally, but it is very possible to be equal percentages of a specific trait and the test is not lying.

I want to meet someone who scored 50/50 on every trait....I bet their awesome....and confused.

T/ F
50/50

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, there are plenty of us who think/have thought that we were ENxP. But here's the thing: you don't become one or the other. You can think you are one and be mistaken, you can seem as though you are a certain type and not another, but you only have one true type.

Honestly, though, from reading your posts I get more of an ESFP/ENFP impression from you. You put a lot of stock into the tests and numbers, so that would make you more ENFP/ESFP than ENTP because of the tertiary Te. I don't really think you have much Ti at all.
White,

If you are referring to me,(ESFP/ENFP) after I read enough of the different types it's pretty clear that I'm am fitting into the ENFP group. I am mostly concerned about the employment / career dept. I can't seem to find any one career that I like long enough to make it worth going to college for four years. Since my career/life has changed due to health reasons, I need to find a new career. That's what lead me to this website and taking many different test.

So again, if you were referring to me, you are pretty much right on with the ENFP.

Thanks for the thoughts / input.

SirDude

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
White,

If you are referring to me,(ESFP/ENFP) after I read enough of the different types it's pretty clear that I'm am fitting into the ENFP group. I am mostly concerned about the employment / career dept. I can't seem to find any one career that I like long enough to make it worth going to college for four years. Since my career/life has changed due to health reasons, I need to find a new career. That's what lead me to this website and taking many different test.

So again, if you were referring to me, you are pretty much right on with the ENFP.

Thanks for the thoughts / input.

SirDude
Yeah, I was referring to you. Sorry for not being clear. You're a teenager, correct? I don't think anyone is really sure about what they should be at that/this point. Even if someone has made up their mind, they are likely to change it. I would strongly recommend going to college even if you don't have a certain career path in mind. So many people have been in your position and benefited from it. As for finding a major/career, just be patient with yourself. Don't be afraid to explore. And a shameless plug for my major: be a psych major :laughing: It's very flexible, and it can be a good foundation for many types of graduate level studies.

Moral of this story: Yay college!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I was referring to you. Sorry for not being clear. You're a teenager, correct? I don't think anyone is really sure about what they should be at that/this point. Even if someone has made up their mind, they are likely to change it. I would strongly recommend going to college even if you don't have a certain career path in mind. So many people have been in your position and benefited from it. As for finding a major/career, just be patient with yourself. Don't be afraid to explore. And a shameless plug for my major: be a psych major :laughing: It's very flexible, and it can be a good foundation for many types of graduate level studies.

Moral of this story: Yay college!
Hi White,

Thanks for clarifying that, but to clarify something about me, I am a 41 year male looking for a "career change", that's where going to / back to college comes into play for me. But I do agree with what you are saying, no one should be afraid of exploring different jobs, careers, but the days of getting an ok career without a college degree are fading fast.

So as much of a double edged sword as it is, I still try to tell people to go to college and get a basic degree, then even if you don't use it today, you have "a degree" on your resume and employers will look at you a little more closely. The down side to going to school without knowing what you want is paying for something that might not pay anything in return. If someone needs to take all kinds of loans to get a basic degree then you are under even more pressure to choose the right major and get out into the really world.

Have a great day!

SirDude

1 - 19 of 19 Posts