Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if someone could read your thoughts as a flow... from the source... every impulse... every small consideration.

Would you be proud... or embarrassed?

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be impressed. Even I can't do that! :tongue:

I think I'd feel loved. Someone making the effort to understand me means a lot to me... :blushed:
Wow, haha... if someone could read my thoughts/emotions from the source, it'd scare the hell outa me!

You must be really at peace with yourself, Penchant! :cool:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
^^ Let's say I think I've begun to learn that impressing people isn't what life's about.

If someone could read my thoughts and feelings, and still be around to let me know, that person must really care for me.

·
Super Moderator
12,117 Posts
Well, if that were so and I knew it, I would be laughing my tale off! I would let my imagination go crazy placing some off the wall stuff there that would shock the hell out of that person! :laughing:

PS If I didn't know it, then oh well...I will be just fine!:happy:

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, if that were so and I knew it, I would be laughing my tale off! I would let my imagination go crazy placing some off the wall stuff there that would shock the hell out of that person! :laughing:

PS If I didn't know it, then oh well...I will be just fine!:happy:
If someone read my thoughts and wasn't like "WHAT IN GODS NAME IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

That'd be pretty sweet. Because I think of the weirdest things. Freud would have a mental orgasm if he got my thoughts from the core flow.

·
Super Moderator
12,117 Posts
If someone read my thoughts and wasn't like "WHAT IN GODS NAME IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

That'd be pretty sweet. Because I think of the weirdest things. Freud would have a mental orgasm if he got my thoughts from the core flow.
If truth were to be told, I know what you mean! I really wouldn't have to place anything anywhere, because my imagination has a mind of it's own! :happy: It would just be so much fun to make my imagination even more imaginative! Now, I sound crazy!:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
12,117 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Quick question, but would it be a two way street?

I would be embarrassed for my faults, but other than that I would be perfectly fine with it. They probably be interested in how I think, as I don't think it is one of the most common methods.

The multiple voices might freak them out, but still. :tongue: (No, not 'other' voices, just my empathy filling the shoes of others, and expressing their say in the matter. You could say it's me taking in all the different angles.)

Reactions: vel and Dalien

·
Super Moderator
12,117 Posts
Not so much bored, but boring. The difference lies in that I enjoy my thoughts and where they take me, but I doubt anyone else would have to patience to listen to it. I'm constantly analyzing, which isn't something most people want to do.
I am going to say all of the below paragraph at the risk of a come back that you do laugh, which I'm sure you do. So, please read the paragraph in its' whole context. Ok?

Analytical...hmmm...I'd rather call it thinking too much. It just makes it sound less harsher. I do the same, but I let my imagination have it's rule too. Actually, it helps with the thinking too much thing. Let's me be creative with my thoughts. The only way I can explain about how to let imagination in is to find something to laugh about everyday...at least one thing. Before you know it you will loosen up enough to relax more and laugh more often. Then imagination will kick in and make being analytical more fun...less boring to others.

I hope this helps somehow.

Reactions: Daveman

·
Super Moderator
12,117 Posts
Quick question, but would it be a two way street?

I would be embarrassed for my faults, but other than that I would be perfectly fine with it. They probably be interested in how I think, as I don't think it is one of the most common methods.

The multiple voices might freak them out, but still. :tongue: (No, not 'other' voices, just my empathy filling the shoes of others, and expressing their say in the matter. You could say it's me taking in all the different angles.)
Two way street...now that is quite interesting! Wouldn't that be something not having to talk! Oh, but it would be absolutely wonderful for the people who can not speak! :happy:

So, the multiple voices is not a common way to think? Is that what you mean?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I was under the impression that lots of people already read my thoughts. I'm a character in a novel aren't I? Don't tell me I"m not, it'll be too much of a reality check, and I'll have to figure out a new vocation.

·
Super Moderator
12,117 Posts
I was under the impression that lots of people already read my thoughts. I'm a character in a novel aren't I? Don't tell me I"m not, it'll be too much of a reality check, and I'll have to figure out a new vocation.
What a novel conception! :wink:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
There are many, many thoughts that swirl around in my head daily that I wouldn't want anyone to know. Nor would they expect these thoughts to flow through. I think I would be terrified if anyone was able to do that. I would probably run far, far away from them haha.

·
Registered
298 Posts
nice question.

i think it boils down to who would be reading my thoughts. actually, the only reason i wouldn't want some people able to read me is because i'm extremely critical and it would probably hurt their feelings. otherwise, i think my thoughts would be really interesting to listen to and dissect. i bounce around everywhere, absolutely sporadic changes from thought to thought. i think to someone on the outside, it would appear that there was absolutely no correlation from one thought to another.

i also think i have some pretty profound thoughts and visions, as well as entertaining ones (constant witty remarks and retorts). and it would be a super treat not to try and explain myself, or my findings. it's always so hard to put my thoughts into words. overall, i'd be proud to own up to my stream of consciousness.

Reactions: ertertwert

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I'd be impressed. Even I can't do that! :tongue:

I think I'd feel loved. Someone making the effort to understand me means a lot to me... :blushed:
+1. I think I would just take a moemnt to step back and just really appreciate this person's effort in understanding me because I think sometimes i have a hard time transferring all of my thoughts in conversation.

I would feel understood and loved. :blushed:

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I asked this question because as they say in vino veritas.

Mel Gibson said some crazy shit... but I think some really awful stuff too sometimes. I was wondering if maybe it was unfair to berate Mel the way we are if we think about things just as embarrassing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts