Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just felt curious, what exactly do ESTPs get impressed by?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts

Otherwise, I dunno...personally I'm hard to impress. I'm usually more impressed with people overcoming large barriers and challenges. Romantically, probably fairness and respect...but I don't really see that a lot, which is probably why it impresses me. :unsure:

·
Registered
307 Posts
What impresses me is someone who is active. That is more than willing to go out and experience life with me. Rather than just sit inside and talk. I do have to say that the last girl I was with invited me over to her place. I thought we were just going to hang out. I walk in and the lights are dimmed, candles are lit, and she's there on the bed. I dug it. :D

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
I agree with @Derosa90, I would be crazy for someone who shared my lust for experience. I do enjoy having conversations but there's more to life than sitting around discussing the possibilities of things that may or may not exist. That's not to say I can't make "deep" or "abstract" conversation, I can. If I'm considered a hedonist for wanting to live life, that's their problem. I don't care if someone looks down upon me because I look at the world more than a pissing contest of who is smarter or more educated.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Just felt curious, what exactly do ESTPs get impressed by?
I think the one word answer is: performance. Someone who is really good at something. OTOH, if you want our disdain, talk a good game and then perform poorly. We can see if someone sucks at something in two seconds. We are one of the toughest types to bs.

·
Banned
385 Posts
I agree with @Derosa90 , I would be crazy for someone who shared my lust for experience. I do enjoy having conversations but there's more to life than sitting around discussing the possibilities of things that may or may not exist. That's not to say I can't make "deep" or "abstract" conversation, I can. If I'm considered a hedonist for wanting to live life, that's their problem. I don't care if someone looks down upon me because I look at the world more than a pissing contest of who is smarter or more educated.
Not an estp, but I totally share this sentiment. Going out and actually living life rather than being cooped up talking about things to death is my preferred mode of existence currently. I wish I had an ESTP friend to act as a motivating influence sometimes. We ENFPs can too easily get stuck in our heads and circular thinking. :bored:

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
Not an estp, but I totally share this sentiment. Going out and actually living life rather than being cooped up talking about things to death is my preferred mode of existence currently. I wish I had an ESTP friend to act as a motivating influence sometimes. We ENFPs can too easily get stuck in our heads and circular thinking. :bored:
I think just about everyone gets absorbed in their head from time to time regardless of type. I've found myself too wound up and living in there. It's not a fun place to get stuck but it's easy to do if you don't get out enough.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Right now it's people with a positive attitude.

I go to school with and therefore have to spend my time around a lot of negative people (immature kids who think all teachers suck, all subjects suck, everything's unfair, everyone's this and everyone's that) and when someone comes along with a positive attitude, I'm for one surprised and impressed of their ability not to get affected by everyone else.

Otherwise it's like the others mentioned, performance and another Doer.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm impressed with something 'different'. If I see someone 'different' from what I am, I'm super interested onto why that person is so themselves or 'different'.
Different meaning, unique, extravagant, and shy.. those kinds of people are like whoa, like, "how the f do they do that?"
I'm pretty amused by someone opposite of me.

Um, besides that, someone really hits a sweet spot of mine when they listen to me and remembers it and buys something that relates to what I've said. For example, I would mention Kicking Watermelons a lot. I never did kick one yet until my gf (isfj) bought me a watermelon and told me to kick it. I was so happy. I'm not sure if that's considered romantic or not but whatever.

Another thing is when I get cheesecake. omg i love cheesecake.

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
Right now it's people with a positive attitude.

I go to school with and therefore have to spend my time around a lot of negative people (immature kids who think all teachers suck, all subjects suck, everything's unfair, everyone's this and everyone's that) and when someone comes along with a positive attitude, I'm for one surprised and impressed of their ability not to get affected by everyone else.

Otherwise it's like the others mentioned, performance and another Doer.
Those are the people I dislike the most when I went to school. From high school to college, I would always have to listen to these little twerps bitch about the teacher/instructor. They would complain about the coursework, they would complain about the due dates, they would show up late to class, and then complain to me about how much the class or instructor sucked. In my head, I'm thinking, "Wow, you're a fucking idiot and I hope you fail this class." - Most classes are fairly easy if you know the subject matter or have a good memory.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are the people I dislike the most when I went to school. From high school to college, I would always have to listen to these little twerps bitch about the teacher/instructor. They would complain about the coursework, they would complain about the due dates, they would show up late to class, and then complain to me about how much the class or instructor sucked. In my head, I'm thinking, "Wow, you're a fucking idiot and I hope you fail this class." - Most classes are fairly easy if you know the subject matter or have a good memory.
Me too!!! I just hate it when students exaggerate a somewhat strict teacher as being mean.

Reactions: themartyparade

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
A girl who's as aggressive and smart as me, keep my pace in life and pretty much pam.plus a willingness to play with my piggle wiggle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts