Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some extra input on my type, so I thought I’d do one of these.

For the record, I'm not attached at all to any particular type, so lay out whatever opinion you wish. (MBTI, Functions, Enneagram... whatever.)

Feel free to use information from these answers and any other interaction you've had with me or observed at all.

In addition, tag whoever you think could contribute to this. I’m just mentioning below whoever comes to mind at the moment and most certainly don’t think I’ve included everyone.

Note: It’s long, so I understand if you don’t do this, lol.

@AbioticPrime @Captain @aef8234 @LiquidLight @JungyesMBTIno @EmpireConquered @Enfpleasantly @ENTJam @Fizz @fourtines @Jawz @Stephen @Kayness @Frosty @cityofcircuits @donkeybals @emerald sea @HorrorHound @Miss Scarlet @MuChApArAdOx @MyDarkAngel @INTJellectual @armika_armika @Autumn Raven @bazinga 1987 @BlackMamba @Enki @KindOfBlue06 @knittigan @liza_200 @Spades @n2freedom @Professor Plum @Roland787 @silverlark @Some Kind of Blue @The Great One @Ace Face @Angelic Gardevoir @cynthiareza

==========================================

Background Info: As I was growing up, a lot of stressful events and people made me want to retreat. So I spent a lot of time alone, even though I may not have wanted to. At this point/age, I'm not entirely sure of my preference of introversion/extraversion (and if I'm already balanced, then I feel I may never know). Please keep this in mind when reading.

1)Why are you unsure of your type? (I changed this question to make it broader.)

Not sure if I'm unsure, and not sure of how sure I can be since I might have biases when assessing myself. I figured
extra input wouldn't hurt.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

With this question, I interpret "What do you dream to achieve in life?" So I'll answer like that.

All in equal weight...

- To take care of everyone I love and care about by doing the best I can now to secure our futures in whatever ways possible.
- To make contributions broadly and deeply to the frontiers of human knowledge and create as great an impact as possible for the sake of bettering humanity and its future.
- Living and enjoying life to its fullest, and making this happen for everyone in my life.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way?

When I was a child. Free of burdens and limitations of capacity.

By this, I mean I could dream or do whatever I wanted (in terms of practicality/actualization) without feeling like it was "not going to happen in my lifetime" and "probably not by some kid who thinks he could be Einstein" as my dad would later say to me during high school.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When someone who knows me well tells me I'm stupid/slow or anything like that.
It makes me wanna shut down. Fast.

When people who I care about do something awful to me and then lie to my face and tell me things like "your feelings are your own to handle" when they were
directly responsible for me feeling that way.
For some reason, this makes me feel like I'm worthless, weak, and not worth knowing.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

My general way of doing things: Seek opportunities to move as efficiently as possible toward (usually long-range) goals I've decided upon, so long as doing this operates strictly within the confines of my standards and codes of ethics.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Depends on the project. Every situation is different. I don’t like to stick to one way of doing things, just in case something better comes to mind or presents itself. I actually tend to do things in a way that allows or even prompts more opportunity or freedom to occur. I have no problem taking control and making set decisions, if that's what the situation calls for. Although, I tend to do just what's necessary, unless it's a project with personal value or investment.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Going out with my ESTP brother and some friends on my 21st birthday. Best time of my Life. But I don't remember everything... LOL

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Whatever works best. All, if necessary.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

LOL! Hahahaha!

Not really…

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both are very important - but if it doesn’t have evidence, then it’s just a cool idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I like harmony. Harmony is good. I like to know others are doing well and are happy.
They belong where they want to belong, if at all. I follow what I believe and stand up for myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Each situation is different. Sometimes I feel I can afford to just say whatever comes to mind. Other times I say it in my head.
But I would think most everyone works this way… ?

I haven’t noticed a specific preference, although I feel like my thoughts move MUCH faster without words.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Aaah! Again, each situation is different. No preference; the situation creates it.
Sometimes you can afford to think it through, other times you need to react.
And there’s a lot between those two options on that spectrum.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Depends on what they’re doing.

If I think show is better: Try to convince them to "watch this amazing fucking show that is better than whatever idea they’re trying to manifest", lol. If that doesn’t work, I’m still watching the show.

If I think their idea is better: get up and go (unless my bank account quietly tells me to stfu and resort to option 1.)

And even then, I still feel every scenario is different. Too many variables.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Option 1: Find cause of stress and FIX IT. Then learn lessons from it.
Option 2: If this can’t happen, deal with it and learn lessons from it.

(And every scenario is different… you know the drill, lol)

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Sometimes people have obvious negative imbalances. Other than that, I feel I’m pretty adjustable and can stand my ground so I don’t mind most people.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Anything complex or mind-boggling. (Sounds like a douche NT answer, but it is what it is)
Women, particularly ones I’m interested in.
Anything funny, especially stories.
Etc.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life

Rules that make no sense or serve no purpose.
Unless ignoring this interferes with social harmony, then I can adhere within reason.

Time often never exists to me. It’s a retarded ass concept.
I feel it might only exist because memory is cumulative… but idk that’s just some cool idea I came up with that has no evidence, lol.

I pay particular attention to anyone who I feel has no creativity and says “X can’t be done” even though I’m confident I can figure it out.
They motivate me like nothing else to make it happen.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I’ve been told I automatically adjust behaviors according to different people, groups, circles, etc
Quickly, too. And I automatically mesh behavior patterns when groups/people mix, etc. …. So everybody has a slightly different opinion of me.
Very weird.

But these are peoples’ observations. Particularly N’s notice this much more.
I haven’t noticed too much of this, but it sounds believable to me.

What is wrong about their perception? Idk, I never ask people what they think of me. Their actions and words tend to show it, anyway. I also feel it would be somewhat arrogant in some way to ask someone about yourself. Weird, I know. But that’s how it feels for me.

BUT I can tell you that I’m not as cold and detached like most people seem to have a consensus about.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Each day’s conditions are different. (Such a unique answer… lol)
Maybe my friends are free maybe not. Maybe I have money to spend maybe not. Maybe this, maybe that, or not. Idk.

I do like going out. I don’t mind spending hours (alone or with friends, whatever) learning or reading new things. I might mix and match by calling similar-minded friends over for some beers and snacks while discussing things like my answer to 17. (You know the friends you go to when you might not really wanna be around people.)

On being in my cave, and going out: However much I do of one, I must do the same of the other shortly after. (Of course, the bank account contingency might keep me in a little more… Lol)

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
E.

E mostly everywhere (more than 60%).

As in Exxx.
Can't help with the rest though.
Blame the fact that I refuse to make an assumption on some topic I have no idea about (still reading the whole letter thingy [socionics currently, jesus it's like the people who made it wanted to sound smart.])

·
Registered
6,146 Posts

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Btw, time exists. Without time, there is no motion. Without motion, there is nothing -- both macroscale and nanoscale.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Btw, time exists. Without time, there is no motion. Without motion, there is nothing -- both macroscale and nanoscale.
By that logic making backwards motion would reverse time.
What year is this?!
See? Walking backwards, does nothing!
Wait, I wonder what would happen if we reverse motion in an atomic scale...?
I demand we make a black hole out of... stuff. Not the sun, we need the sun.
Or do we?

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
By that logic making backwards motion would reverse time.
What year is this?!
See? Walking backwards, does nothing!
Wait, I wonder what would happen if we reverse motion in an atomic scale...?
I demand we make a black hole out of... stuff. Not the sun, we need the sun.
Or do we?
No, that is not an implication of the logic I expressed.

@Agent Blackout, this is a good example of a true ENTP.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

@Agent Blackout, this is a good example of a true ENTP.
To be honest, I didn't think reverse-motion was implied by your logic.

But I definitely thought about doing it on different scales like he mentioned before he edited to add that... Lol

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
To be honest, I didn't think reverse-motion was implied by your logic.

But I definitely thought about doing it on different scales like he mentioned before he edited to add that... Lol
Well see atomic scale motion was an implication, in fact it's what I was thinking as I wrote that. Motion happens in time, it's a 4 dimensional function. Without time, there is no intermolecular interaction. Without intermolecular interaction, there is literally just a large sea of unbonded, individual atoms immobilized in free space.

But that's not the point, the point is that you got the point. Sounds to me like Ni.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well see atomic scale motion was an implication, in fact it's what I was thinking as I wrote that. Motion happens in time, it's a 4 dimensional function. Without time, there is no intermolecular interaction. Without intermolecular interaction, there is literally just a large sea of unbonded, individual atoms immobilized in free space.

But that's not the point, the point is that you got the point. Sounds to me like Ni.
Though I wasn't thinking that as I read it, if that means anything. I thought of it after, among other ways of applying the concept you mentioned.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Exactly, there is fallacy in the implication.
Time cannot be motion, as it implies movement, time can still happen even in vacuum space, atoms degrade regardless of derp factors, etc. etc.
Honestly, time can be more akin to some form of decay.
So by this logic... Banana?

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exactly, there is fallacy in the implication.
Time cannot be motion, as it implies movement, time can still happen even in vacuum space, atoms degrade regardless of derp factors, etc. etc.
Honestly, time can be more akin to some form of decay.
So by this logic... Banana?
Hahahaha!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I can see ENFJ, but more INTP or ENTP. you have good fe, ne and ti. which one do you use the most?

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Hahahaha!!
I was thinking about molecular stuff and then I remembered the day we learned it and how I became fixiated on the professor's mole, and how Austin Power's kept thinking mol-e mol-e mol-e in a movie, and how I snuck a banana into a movie once.
If that's the way your mind works... your next letter in my opinion would be N.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Though I wasn't thinking that as I read it, if that means anything. I thought of it after, among other ways of applying the concept you mentioned.
Being an Ni user doesn't mean being bereft of Ne. Doesn't mean this at all. I have so much Ne I often start wondering if I'm an ENTP. But at the end of the day, theorizing exhausts me, I'd much rather get to the point -- pursue what I perceive to be important -- get answers rather than explore. That's how I know I'm a comfortable Ni user.

You really strike me as an ENFJ. It would explain your Ti, but you've always come across to me as first a politician, then a logic fiend. I've actually been struggling with your case for a while now because seeing you as an ENTP was such an anomaly to literally every other ENTP I've seen/known, as well as cognitive theory.

Just look at the answer to what makes you happy and what's important to you. Also, if you could observe your decision making process from a bird's eye view the answer should be fairly clear.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was thinking about molecular stuff and then I remembered the day we learned it and how I became fixiated on the professor's mole, and how Austin Power's kept thinking mol-e mol-e mol-e in a movie, and how I snuck a banana into a movie once.
Definitely like that, quite often.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Lol, next letters would actually be ADHD.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts