Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
By the title I mean the following: the mbti dichotomies talk about intuitives as focused on conceptual and abstract understandings as well as broad ideas that tend to be expansive.(by expansive I mean topics like determinism...broad encompassing explanations of phenomena). What would bring a sensor to be interested in these, and how would they differ in their thinking about these compared to their intuitive colleagues?

Registered
I grew up around intuitives

I think it's a very easy inclination for me to ask why given I grew up around that, and my Ti. I think my enny 6 also supports that I am likely heavier Ti. Granted Ti is not intuitive but it supports the inclination to want to at least consider intuition.

So that is more so where I was going to go with this. I think more dogmatic sensors stick to their train of thought without considering. I still have a natural inclination to be the first of my family of intuitives for example to want to be like ok enough :laughing: but it's so predominant in what I grew up with and my enny to want to CONSIDER the validity and angle of perspective. I like what intuitives offer in insight a lot. So it's not so much that I consider myself an intuitive as that I consider myself open enough to LISTEN and process what intuitives are offering in insight. Seeing validity in considering other angles I think is just wise. Of course this can just sometimes be counter productive in a sensors case and lead them to mental masturbation but I think being open to receiving information from intuitives can be useful.

What am I like? In person?
A clearly simple intuitive. (As in sensor) Tehe. I do reign intuitives in when they really get far out there. Definitely can get restless if the intuition is extremely extremely amplified and heavy handed or like several in a setting. But I really am receptive to a lot of angles and information. I.e. It's not that I act like an intuitive. But I could be seen as possibly more receptive to receiving the perspective (than even some intuitives with their opposing functions). I have actually encountered many NFJs particularly who sorta made me feel like crap because I was really willing to gain a lot from trying to see the world thru their lens and I definitely detected not receiving the same courtesy.

I do think enny 4/5/6 sensors are more open to enlightenment and exploration which then would entail expanding on investigating other perspectives.

I don't like going too far where I feel like I will fall off a cliff.

Anyways it's clear as fuck when I am around my family I am the sensor. Especially when I just walk off or bang a gravel and yell shut up. Or roll my eyes. But if you put me by a bunch of sensors because of my heavy intuitive exposure I think I have a slight edge. I can acclimate and adjust enough around both imo. You will see a lot of patience and receptiveness in my communication style to receive and hear different angles but I will ultimately desire getting to some objective or point or concluding something and to stop expanding at some point and move onto another thing.

I did date an ISFP who was in a serious fucked up loop which was more bizarre than any 'standard' intuitive. Omfg I couldn't take that shit. He was LOST in never never land in a loop using his Ni bizarre. Enlightenment quests can lead to bizarre things. This is what happens when you trip and don't come back haha.

Registered
Ti works fine for abstracting information to create universally applicable concepts. Though I would say for myself, it should be describing phenomena in a realistic way rather than venture more on the imaginary direction with exploring possibilities that do not have this link to reality. Typology is fine as long as it tries to capture cognitive processes of people while explaining internal and intertype conflicts etc. but when people use it for their own speculations it becomes nearly intolerable.

I also never really got into philosophy for its highly speculative nature because I prefer more descriptive models with actual content to them. So I think the difference lies in STs expecting these broader explanations to be verifiable or applicable or yielding some immediate results, and although SFs might be interested in some ideas just for them sake of them being meaningful or significant (in this sense I think they tend to be more "gullible" when it comes to intuition) they still do not focus on vague and intangible things just for the sake of it, there has to be feeling value to it. I suppose intuitives get more out of intuition itself, either by intuiting images of great significance or enjoying the way they can structure or evaluate their perceptions, even when they do not directly match with reality.

Registered
I'm exactly like that "intuitive sensor" being a marginal 3% S over N. For me an intuitive sensor is about being able to think outside the box within the confines of realism or like in my job & even in my business, all the designs I create be it graphic or architectural has to be aligned with the company's (or my business) brand identity, competitors or market preferences and also the allotted budget unlike the typical designers (or what I refer to as the "intuitives") who prefers to step out of confinement & create their unique designs with their own signature.

Banned
I'm an intuitive sensor. Or sensor intuitive because my left and right brain is very balanced.

Probably the control of thoughts i guess? Because i think intuitives, the hard core ones they seem cannot control their thoughts. I was actually surprised

1 - 6 of 6 Posts