Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
I've been dating a female INTP for the past 4 months, so I actually have some thoughts on this.

She's both highly educated (PhD) and very smart.

Her salary is even a bit higher than mine... which is great, because I can't stand women who are just looking for someone to support them.

She doesn't buy into ridiculous social conventions-- this is the first time I wasn't expected to do some kind of "romantic" bullshit on Valentine's Day, and it was wonderful.

She reads a lot.

She's not prone to jealousy and doesn't get weird about the fact that I have female friends.

She understands introversion, because she is an introvert. It's not awkward to be together, but doing separate things.

She's witty and makes me laugh.

And, like @that said, she has boobs, a butt, and glasses.

·
Registered
987 Posts
and what types tend to like or be attracted to a female intp?
Possibly ENFJs considering my husband is one, though those relationships possibly take a bit of extra work due to the ENFJ need for constant affirmation.

I couldn't say what is attractive. I always had poor luck with guys, even though I've always been healthy and I'm not malformed. I assumed it was due to a combination of my INTP personality and my lack of interest in putting on a show (makeup and trendy clothes are too much of a waste of money and time for me to get myself to bother with them).

·
Registered
329 Posts
and what types tend to like or be attracted to a female intp?
I love INTP females. The one I dated was the best relationship evar! But she had to go places that were not here for a while so we went our separate ways after 2 years. Everyone is different but what I can tell you I loved about her and others I've met.

Up front, honest, funny, quirky, intellect and reason wrapped around a gooey center of feels if you're willing to work for them. The best part was the loyalty, no games... We were able to be attached at the hip and separate without anyone getting too codependent. We would work in her art studio for hours not saying a word. Then a romantic look from across the room and... Well it was all very pleasant. We also played video games together!

Everyone says to try an enfp, but being a very social INTP I found us a great pair. We also encouraged each a lot, intps are very giving. When both sides are giving so much no one feels like they're being taken advantage of... We weren't very good at romance but we both knew there was a bond and love. I hope to one day find another I can talk to for all hours of the night and spend quiet time with at the same time. However this time, I will be sure to lock her up in my house and put a ring on it! Muwhahahahha! Jk...

Oh yeah and most INTP females I know don't want kids... Man so many awesome things! I could go on for days.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I've always dreamt of having an INTPish female friend. Especially as a teenager.

Never found her. That's probably one of reasons why I don't have good female friends and have given up from seeking them.

An INTP female would most probably make a good friend for me...

Why?

1) Our topics wouldn't be manicure, fashion, cars, other chicks, hair, etc.

2) That woman would actually understand me.
After giving a more insightful response, there wouldn't be the "Oh, oh, okay. Yeah, alright." followed by silence. It would be followed by her expressed thoughts.

3) Speaking of expressing thoughts: I would actually be able to have good conversations with such a woman.

4) I doubt such a woman would ask me if I have any guy or would tell me I should totally go for some guy: "You should totally go for that guy! That must be love!" shit.

5) I bet INTP women have a nice taste when it comes to picking clothes they wear. Most probably hipsterish, alternative, geekish style. Would be nice to be around such a woman.

6) I could play games with her every day, have crazy conversations and moments. Would probably do many crazy stuff with her.
That woman would be the only woman I could be weird around.

I have yet to meet her.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've always dreamt of having an INTPish female friend. Especially as a teenager.

Never found her. That's probably one of reasons why I don't have good female friends and have given up from seeking them.

An INTP female would most probably make a good friend for me...

Why?

1) Our topics wouldn't be manicure, fashion, cars, other chicks, hair, etc.

2) That woman would actually understand me.
After giving a more insightful response, there wouldn't be the "Oh, oh, okay. Yeah, alright." followed by silence. It would be followed by her expressed thoughts.

3) Speaking of expressing thoughts: I would actually be able to have good conversations with such a woman.

4) I doubt such a woman would ask me if I have any guy or would tell me I should totally go for some guy: "You should totally go for that guy! That must be love!" shit.

5) I bet INTP women have a nice taste when it comes to picking clothes they wear. Most probably hipsterish, alternative, geekish style. Would be nice to be around such a woman.

6) I could play games with her every day, have crazy conversations and moments. Would probably do many crazy stuff with her.
That woman would be the only woman I could be weird around.

I have yet to meet her.

I could dress like a lady and be your friend. All those things sound so wonderful.

Seriously though, that's such an interesting perspective. I often forget there are women out there that aren't like the slew I've met. If it's near impossible for me to find one to date it must be harder to find one as a friend.

·
Registered
29,798 Posts
I always viewed the real fetish as being the foot fetish, but I will be the first note that it is not a fetish at all. That is a misnomer and a widly misleading one at that.
As for INTP females, they do possess large quantities of good reads. Perhaps a reader would be attracted to their collections and exploit their feeble minds to obtain access to those things or whatever I was going to say. I'm practicing typing because I will be writing a larger than average story. I aim to make 20x larger than the previous stories.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I always viewed the real fetish as being the foot fetish, but I will be the first note that it is not a fetish at all. That is a misnomer and a widly misleading one at that.
As for INTP females, they do possess large quantities of good reads. Perhaps a reader would be attracted to their collections and exploit their feeble minds to obtain access to those things or whatever I was going to say. I'm practicing typing because I will be writing a larger than average story. I aim to make 20x larger than the previous stories.
INTP males... When you ask for Eagles and somehow get flying penguins.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I can't stand women who are just looking for someone to support them.
I know what you mean. It's okay for the girlfriend to depend on me during hard times, but I'm not attracted to those who don't at least try to be independent. I have dated some women, most claim to be feminists, who never even offered to pay when we go out to eat. After about 10-15 times, it was obvious that they just want someone to support them financially, so I slowly removed myself from future contacts :)

I would love to date a woman who can satisfy even half of the awesome things you listed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts