Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I've been slowly getting to know this girl who I like who I think Is ENFJ.
She approached me first which I loved. I can't approach.
It's really easy to communicate with her.

My question is have any of you ENFJ's ever been attracted to an INTP before and if so how come?

Im defiantly attracted to this ENFJ because I feel like she understands me and I want to be more of myself around her because of it.

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Im in exactly the same spot as you OP. One thing I noticed about ENFJs = They LOVE to listen to their own voice in what is supposed to be an interactive dialogue :tongue:

So...any ENFJ willing to illuminate us here? I'm about to engage an ENFJ and start a relationship with her, need data. Does it work out?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I think the Ni+Fe combination adds interesting insight to our Ne+(lack of)Fe. They may say things that we go "oh, now that makes sense in that light," especially regarding social situations.

I know an ENFJ fairly well, and she's a lot of fun to be around and hang around with. Ultimately though I have offended her several times and she and I wouldn't really get along very well. The heightened Ti in an INFJ may be a stronger consideration, but then again type doesn't define (or determine) relationships :)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellow INTP's :proud:

I know an ENFJ fairly well, and she's a lot of fun to be around and hang around with. Ultimately though I have offended her several times and she and I wouldn't really get along very well. The heightened Ti in an INFJ may be a stronger consideration, but then again type doesn't define (or determine) relationships :)
I sometimes offend people without even knowing about it.
Usually because I don't partake in there small talk "normally".
I've never though of dating another introvert before though because I'm quite introverted myself but that could be interesting.
But Im defiantly more interested in the Feeling types than Thinking in a relationship.
Even though thats probably not ideal for the Feeler. (from my experience)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I noticed similar posts previously : INTPs were attracted to ENFJ, or trying to argue in this forum that their functions match with ENFJs' (which is quite a turn-off...) ; maybe I am biased, but I haven't noticed any replies showing romantic interest to INTPs following these posts. I am not saying there is no INTP-ENFJ paring, I just mean the posts here.

I guess you may attracted to ENFJ through intuition, the kind of thoughts that are not obvious and deep from the surface. But for an ENFJ to be attracted to, the feeling side has to play some role, if not the major role. If you are clueless about her feelings, it means a lot of work to do...

My xNTP friends once in a while get my nerve through random conversation... maybe these could suggest areas to pay attention to when interact with your ENFJ interest:
-because of J, ENFJ is usually goal oriented, meaning when we debate/discuss, we are looking for an agreement/solution/answer; xNTP can jump from one topic to anther, for the sake of pure argument, a lot of times upset me internally.
- the T-F difference, you can really upset an ENFJ without knowing. Eventually I learned that they didn't do it on purpose so I let go. I would imagine it would be challenging for romantic relationship.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I noticed similar posts previously : INTPs were attracted to ENFJ, or trying to argue in this forum that their functions match with ENFJs' (which is quite a turn-off...) ; maybe I am biased, but I haven't noticed any replies showing romantic interest to INTPs following these posts. I am not saying there is no INTP-ENFJ paring, I just mean the posts here.

I guess you may attracted to ENFJ through intuition, the kind of thoughts that are not obvious and deep from the surface. But for an ENFJ to be attracted to, the feeling side has to play some role, if not the major role. If you are clueless about her feelings, it means a lot of work to do...

My xNTP friends once in a while get my nerve through random conversation... maybe these could suggest areas to pay attention to when interact with your ENFJ interest:
-because of J, ENFJ is usually goal oriented, meaning when we debate/discuss, we are looking for an agreement/solution/answer; xNTP can jump from one topic to anther, for the sake of pure argument, a lot of times upset me internally.
- the T-F difference, you can really upset an ENFJ without knowing. Eventually I learned that they didn't do it on purpose so I let go. I would imagine it would be challenging for romantic relationship.
Hey thanks!
Talking about cognitive functions seems to be what the site is about.
I did kinda post this just because It made me feel good. :tongue:
I need to chill.

This guy can charm the pants off of anyone.

lol at how much pop music pushes gender roles.

·
Registered
Retired
7,007 Posts
Don't lose hope that just because you don't see something happen in the PerC environment that it's not gonna happen in reality. There's just a limited amount of people of each type on this forum when there are literally millions in this country alone. I think INTPs are relatively rare, so it might be that the ENFJs on this forum have very limited experience with INTPs. I believe that there are some ENFJs out that are like "INTPs are the bomb diggedy!" even though they probably don't know about typing so they probably don't know that their INTPs but are attracted to this particular type anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts