Registered
427 Posts
Inconsiderate and selfish people.

Reactions: RamonV

·
Spam-I-am
14,070 Posts
one person/group behaving in a manner as to harm/injure others
this is carried out in many fashions i.e. to defraud in monetary gain, through repression based on socio/economic status
racist acts of violence or repression
i could go on for days

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I've posted this somewhere before, but I don't believe in absolute evil. My only definition of true evil is someone who is knowingly, and calculatingly malicious and sadistic to both humans and animals. Someone who derives pleasure from inflicting physical/mental suffering on a living creature.

And even in that sense, the person is (to me), highly disturbed and mentally mal-developed.

The question isn't: What is evil? But what can be done about it and where do we draw the line? If the individual is capable of feeling remorse and seek redemption, they cannot be truly evil. Someone who is beyond rehabilitation, well, those individuals should be put to death or kept in confinement away from functioning society.

To me, "evil" belongs to the latter group I described, who is also fully aware of their decisions and strategizes to act upon them. Evil people act under the guise of normality and rationality, but in reality, they use this facade to aid them in executing their plans.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
To me, an evil person is someone who has shady intentions behind their actions. If you want to know a person's heart, you have to look at the intentions behind their actions, because it's a person's intentions that defines who they really are on the inside.

·
I love my everything
10,949 Posts
I don't believe in anything/anyone being "evil". I feel like it is just a word used to describe something abstract. Definitely a subjective word. I don't think it could be used objectively.
But if i did believe in such thing as "evil", I'd imagine there would be heavy disgust towards the evil act or person.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
What is evil to you?

How does someone evil to you act?
I don't believe in absolute evil or absolute good. However evil to me would be someone without a conscience - a psychopath (there are more of them out there than you'd think). Actually anybody who intentionally hurts an innocent person is evil to me - it doesn't have to be murder - emotional abuse, physical abuse is just as evil.

Has anyone here seen the movie The Class (Klass)? It's an estonian movie about bullying. Well, the bullies + the ones who watched and did nothing are equally evil to me and on my scale of evil they are higher than murderers.

No consideration for human life is evil. Most of you might think this is just conspiracy theory but I know it's true - population control. The richest controlling the population growth in less developed defenseless countries. My mom is a doctor and she and her friend from med school worked for a while in Africa. They had little drugs but tons of vaccines. Also there was a lot of food brought by airplane from different countries but the population knew what to eat and what not to eat. All the doctors there have noticed how the food made them sterile and the vaccines either killed or made them unable to conceive as well. Nobody talked about this though because they knew nobody could ever turn against the richest in the world and still survive.

Actually, all over the world there are good and bad batches of vaccines. Because I live in a small country and my mother is a doctor I was always able to know when to get the vaccines and when not to. But not everybody is that lucky.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone here seen the movie The Class (Klass)? It's an estonian movie about bullying. Well, the bullies + the ones who watched and did nothing are equally evil to me and on my scale of evil they are higher than murderers.
That's a little harsh. You've never bullied anyone?

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
That's a little harsh. You've never bullied anyone?
No. I'm not an idiot.

Bullying - the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others.

I can dominate others by being more intelligent, more brave, more openminded and generally better.

I will never use violence and harsh words in order to abuse or intimidate. That's for unsophisticated brutes.

You haven't seen the movie have you? Well, I'm pretty sure that threatening two young straight boys with their life into performing felattio in front of the entire class while others film it is evil and frankly, disgusting because it serves no purpose other than tainted entertainment for the mentally unstable.

However, if bullying means telling a brute to shut his mouth in a rather colorful language then yeah, I've bullied.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No. I'm not an idiot.
I don't doubt that, but this is a question of character, not intelligence.

Bullying - the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others.

I can dominate others by being more intelligent, more brave, more openminded and generally better.

I will never use violence and harsh words in order to abuse or intimidate. That's for unsophisticated brutes.
It all depends on your environment - domination through open-mindedness is rarely an option. I thought all you ENTJs wanted to rule the world - afaik the basics of that are to get the brutes to use violence and harsh words on your behalf.

You haven't seen the movie have you? Well, I'm pretty sure that threatening two young straight boys with their life into performing felattio in front of the entire class while others film it is evil and frankly, disgusting because it serves no purpose other than tainted entertainment for the mentally unstable.
I haven't. I agree it's not exactly a nice thing to do, but can you honestly tell me you wouldn't be entertained?

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I don't doubt that, but this is a question of character, not intelligence.

It all depends on your environment - domination through open-mindedness is rarely an option. I thought all you ENTJs wanted to rule the world - afaik the basics of that are to get the brutes to use violence and harsh words on your behalf.

I haven't. I agree it's not exactly a nice thing to do, but can you honestly tell me you wouldn't be entertained?
I can honestly tell you I would be repulsed, not entertained.

This is sadistic behaviour which is not healthy behaviour and is a definite sign of various psychological abnormalities.

As a medical student with a focus on psychiatry I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be in my favour if I were filled with such flaws.

As an ENTJ yes, I am an all or nothing kind of person - I'd rather rule the world or not be anything at all, I am not happy with mediocre achievements. However as I matured I became aware of the fact that that might be impossible therefore I should make do with what I can realistically achieve.

Most ENTJs don't want to "rule the world" though, that's more of an INTJ trait. ENTJs want to be financially secure more than anything. That's not a rule of course but I'm telling you from what I've seen and observed.

I might be INTJ though or have been INTJ during childhood. And because of external factors I have modeled myself both counsciously and on a subconscious level to be ENTJ.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can honestly tell you I would be repulsed, not entertained.

This is sadistic behaviour which is not healthy behaviour and is a definite sign of various psychological abnormalities.

As a medical student with a focus on psychiatry I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be in my favour if I were filled with such flaws.
Yeah, I see how that'd be a disadvantage in your field. I wouldn't go so far as to call it unhealthy though, at least for the individual. imo sadism is, in most cases, just the result of an under-developed super-ego. We don't allow ourselves to engage or take pleasure in these things because society has taught us it is morally wrong to do so.

As a less extreme example, consider an exam you scored well on. You'd feel good about being at the top of your class by a close margin. You'd feel great if everyone else failed. You might feel guilty, but you'd be pleased with yourself.

As an ENTJ yes, I am an all or nothing kind of person - I'd rather rule the world or not be anything at all, I am not happy with mediocre achievements. However as I matured I became aware of the fact that that might be impossible therefore I should make do with what I can realistically achieve.
Not a pleasant experience, I can relate.

Most ENTJs don't want to "rule the world" though, that's more of an INTJ trait. ENTJs want to be financially secure more than anything. That's not a rule of course but I'm telling you from what I've seen and observed.

I might be INTJ though or have been INTJ during childhood. And because of external factors I have modeled myself both counsciously and on a subconscious level to be ENTJ.
Sorry, all my ENTJ knowledge comes from the gif thread

If the question isn't too personal, what factors?

Reactions: SalvinaZerelda

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
"There is no such thing as evil"

*Yawn

Yeah, duh. Nor is there "love" or "good" or "heroic," technically.

Just because they are human constructs doesn't mean that they aren't useful.

Moving on.

Evil and evil acts are the destructive energies of the Universe. Blackholes and shit. As opposed to the birth of a star, or the blossoming of a flower. Except these energies of destruction are used for or because of ideological/religions reasons, greed, hatred, twisted self-gratification, etc.

Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, Serial Killers, Jeffrey Dahmer, rape, sexual abuse, ISIS, genocide, etc. All people or acts that spread destruction and inflict cancer in the spirit of others, and not just the victims of slaughter, but the people and community that surrounds them.

Evil doesn't just exist in humans, but mostly. They have the highest capacity for developing warped and mutated minds that go against the natural order of things.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
"There is no such thing as evil"

*Yawn

Yeah, duh. Nor is there "love" or "good" or "heroic," technically.

Just because they are human constructs doesn't mean that they aren't useful.

Moving on.

Evil and evil acts are the destructive energies of the Universe. Blackholes and shit. As opposed to the birth of a star, or the blossoming of a flower. Except these energies of destruction are used for or because of ideological/religions reasons, greed, hatred, twisted self-gratification, etc.

Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, Serial Killers, Jeffrey Dahmer, rape, sexual abuse, ISIS, genocide, etc. All people or acts that spread destruction and inflict cancer in the spirit of others, and not just the victims of slaughter, but the people and community that surrounds them.

Evil doesn't just exist in humans, but mostly. They have the highest capacity for developing warped and mutated minds that go against the natural order of things.
You tell 'em.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Greed, envy, lust, and self-gratification have made us what we are today. The harsh reality is that conflict, created by what you call evil, drives progress. Without these things, we would still be savages. So no, it does not at all go against the natural order of things. It's our very nature.

Even if you subscribe to the concept, it's a little unfair to put Hitler or even Stalin in the same category as Jeffrey Dahmer. Shocking as it may be, Hitler and Stalin believed their actions served the greater good. Jeffrey Dahmer had no interest in helping others.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts