Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've never made on of these, so here you are.

I took a cognitive function test today and I got this:

Ne - Fe - Ni - Ti - Se - Fi - Si - Te

Most likely: ENTP, ENFJ, INFJ

The Ne, Fe, and Ni are pretty much all evenly developed (supposedly).

I am dead-set on my Fe-Ti usage. This has never been a question for me, though I'm by no means closed off to the idea... It's just that no conclusive "evidence" has emerged to support an IXFP diagnosis if you will.

On cognitive function tests, I have consistently scored as: INTP, INFJ, INTJ, ENFJ or ENTP. I scored as an ISTP once.

As for the letter-by-letter tests, I tend to score INTP, INTJ, or INFJ. But those don't really do it for me :) I'm not necessarily "emotional" by typical standards.

Anyway, to get to the matter at hand, what you've all been waiting for (drumroll please)...
Questionnaires!

In my search for my questionnaire, I stumbled upon this, which seemed far more pertinent.

My therapist had me answer the questions "Who am I?" and "What do I want?"

And this is how I decided to answer (I wrote this about 2 years ago, so the structure and word-choice is well, shitty, but that just shows how far I've come!! Also this was more train of thought so probably more raw, organic, visceral and most importantly: Accurate)

I'm reasonably gentle but I love life and I love fun. I'm hesitant at first, and I observe before I get involved in my environment, but I'd much rather be participating than observing. But at my core, I'm a participator. I'm a joiner.
I like to FEEL things and live life. I'm tough and confident but also warm-hearted and jovial.
I have a tendency to revert to meekness, but I'm learning to overcome that with age :)
I love to laugh and I love to make other people happy.

I feel conceited and guilty when I attribute good qualities to myself :( But I really do believe I have a benevolent spirit and am intelligent.
I have a competitive streak. I seek to better myself always and to master whatever challenge I encounter.

I'm receptive to the world and new people I meet and I have a curiosity for life and knowledge.
I'm a little shy and unsure about new situations, but once I've warmed up and gained your trust, I'm loyal to the end. I open up and tell shocking irreverent jokes and will always, always be there for you.
I'm terrified of criticism of myself (not my objective work) and I'm slowly beginning to not let anyone else tell me who I am and think for myself.
I've begun crafting my own opinions about life, even though I was not allowed to do so for much of my childhood. To deter abuse and scrutiny, I now realize I adopted mannerisms and opinions of others so they wouldn't hurt me. But I now see differences are normal.
Injustice has always greatly disturbed be, as does unkindness. I want to do the right thing.
I'm a little too naive but I always know deep down when a person is unworthy of my trust. I need to trust myself before I can trust another!
I've always been deeply verbal and talkative.
I hate hate hate conflict but will plunge into it if it's my last option or if I know it's constructive.

I'm very open to life and experiences, all forms of learning and knowledge.
I'm friendly and I genuinely care about everyone I meet and want to make their world a better place. But I hate being taken advantage of and find it difficult to believe people care as much as I or that their kindness does not have ulterior motives of some sort.

I want to be safe.

I want to be happy. I want to have a loving family and a network of friends and a fulfilling career and be able to pay the bills and have minimal anxiety about staying afloat but also be able to have fun and enjoy hobbies. I want to be good at something - like really, really good at it. And I want to find my place in my community and be loved. I want to take care of myself and not get fat like my parents.

I want to be known as someone who is super competent , friendly, and great at her job.
I can't wait to have cheeeldren!! Seriously I'm so looking forward to pouring love and compassion into them and see them discover the world, nurturing them into the little people they are.
I could see myself being more of the bread winner and my husband more of the home maker. Screw conventional gender roles!! ^_^ But we'll see.

Money is important to me... But only in as far as it can provide me with very specific things that I need (ie retirement, vacations, college educations, FOOD etc. )
I love the arts and literature and finding a deeper understanding of self, others, and the world through them. I love universal principles discover through these; it's so energizing.
I also love to research and think I could be thoroughly happy in a job that requires this :)
And I always need to be doing something productive! -- but I think I can use these as strengths and just realize they come with some weaknesses I can combat :)

I'm generally happy and content as a person and it doesn't take much at all to make me happy :) enough to eat, a place to sleep, people that care about me, and WiFi :) that's all it takes really haha

I adore nature and solitude and introspection but don't mind parties and having animated discussions.
I'm super weird and hate routine and I love finding new ways of doing things!
I strive to find meaning and symbolism.... people say I'm a bit of an over-thinker and I tend to agree.... though I see this more as just plain "thinking" heh. I love to analyze and can't accept things at face value.
I am perfectionistic to a fault and though I hold other to a high standard, I'm significantly harder on myself and feel deeply disappointed when others don't try as hard.

-----------------​
And finally, the legit questionnaire:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Everything. I'm just a bundle of contradictions (like every person that ever breathed), but because I'm viewing myself from the inside it's harder to remain objective and analytic, separating the relevant factors of my disposition from things that don't matter.

I've been seeing a therapist and have been taking prescription drugs recently and I think this is helping me get back in touch with who I really am.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to be well-rounded, pursuing meaning and satisfaction in all pockets of life. But in that, I also want a major calling that I master and excel at.
An intellectually and emotionally satisfying career would be lovely, because, though I do long for motherhood, I'm aware that it's unhealthy to get all sense of validation from this kind of role that is, by definition, temporary. I'd like to provide for my kiddies and friends but not from my "sugar daddy" husband's money necessarily. I strive for independence!

And I love to read and discover and write and create. I need MASSIVE amounts of alone time to think and do and ... yes ^_^

So - Self-enrichment, deep human connection, a great career, family. All overlapping in many ways hopefully.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Performing. Giving speeches and talks.

Also when I collaborate with a team, the ideas keep flowing at a fast pace, everyone's building something beautiful together. Oh, and I'm in charge of this of course :p

I'm also super energized when I analyze literature for deeper meaning and get involved in intellectual discussions about the deeper meaning and intent of an artistic piece.

I love to know the Why!

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Being misunderstood --> Feelings of inferiority.
I think if everyone understood my intentions, how hard I work, and how much of myself I sacrifice they would cut me more slack.

Also, you know, actually BEING inferior makes me feel inferior. U feel me bro?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I'm willing to put an emotional factor (an S.O.) before say, and amazing opportunity, if I consider the fact that maintaining a strong romantic bond throughout your life is a true necessity. Stupid.

Basically, I'm trying to think of what will be the most efficient and beneficial ultimately. And, well, friendship and love is important to me and I don't want to throw those things away lightly.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I know people who freak out when the control leaves their hands and obsess over things they can literally do NOTHING ABOUT.
I've never understood this... Chillllllll.

Sure, I'm annoyed if I very clearly communicate matters to someone several times and they still insist on ignoring me. But I think that's different.
I just make it clear I've done everything in my power to do the best job in my jurisdiction (because I fuckin' HAVE!) and let the stuff out of my control go. Serenity prayer it UP.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Deep conversations with people I love but also being able to laugh at life.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I usually try to figure out how I would impart the knowledge to someone else (so I can sound smart *blushes*) or I try to think of its application.

I want to understand what I'm learning perfectly, and I don't want any "gotcha!" moments when I don't know what to say, so I try to look at things from every angle, think about what the author intended, figure out the "WHY" behind it.

Just knowledge-accumulation.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

So many people compliment me on my organization skills, and I don't understand it. I am not all that organized...

But I try to be. My room is very neat but... also not neat.

Mentally, I'm pretty orderly though :)

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I try to determine if the idea will accomplish what it is designed to do. I want its implementation to be effective in terms of the need that it fills. And you can't use the same "rubric" to measure drastically different things.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Hm.... neither really.

I don't really care about people belonging consciously, but now that I force myself to think on it -- there are so many times when I seek out the third wheel, the odd one out, and try to bolster their confidence, nurture them, make them feel loved. Drawing them out it so fun and we always seem to have the most delightful dialogues ^_^

I don't feel any firm connection to that second one... I mean, yes, I know what I am underneath but it doesn't show if that makes sense.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I enjoy all of these things.
I'm aware each fills a different purpose and need than the other, but I certainly prefer one-on-one communication where I speak freely.

I think-speak very quickly but I just kind of... talk and figure it out as I go along and learn as I begin to form sentences. It's kinda magical, this word weaving we do :)

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Well, I probably look like the kind of person that doesn't look before they leap, but that's only because I grasp things quickly and I like to get things accomplished.

I've been known to get paralyzed though. I abhor dancing, and when I'm forced to (long story) it can be a source of MASSIVE frustration.

I'm an ideas person and I like to put those into action but I'm NOT a physical person.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Depends if they're friends I like and if I look presentable.

But I have one or two people in my life I would drop any tv show for - even if all we do is sit and talk. Scratch that - especially if that's what we'll be doing.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get insanely hyper.
Or. I lash out at people and am pretty fucking mean. I have a tendency to go for the jugular. I'm working on it.
Or. I get super passive and defer to people. (Not any more though!!!! Never that.)
Or. I just cry for (seemingly) no reason.

Or... All of those at once (*cough* PMS *cough*)

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

If they're pretentious or inconsistent or just... rude little bastards with no emotional understanding or ability to navigate social situations.

I also have no patience for basically anyone who languishes in a stereotype. It's SAD more than anything though.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Why people do what they do, what makes them tick.
Symbolism and meaning in movies and literature, films in general honestly
What the meaning of life is and whether we can even know that

Spirituality

Philosophy

Hate to say it, but criticizing the inefficiency or illogical nature of things is pretty fun, too. I love it :)
I like to improve things to - especially commercials and adds. I love the psychological nature of marketing, and though I'm no expert by any means, I'm very attune to messages commercials are promoting and I like to thin of ways I could tinker with the core concepts and the execution, thus making it more effective.

And psychology in general!
And law and order (not just the show) - the practice of government and justice fascinates me.

And political issues I have a strong stance on.... actually even ones I don't! For those, I can just listen and observe, soak in new information, assimilate it into mah brain, see if I agree. All that good stuff :) I'm actually getting excited talking about this.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Things like new ways of braiding my hair, clubbing, sports.
I don't really do any of those things. Some of them I have never done.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Some people think I'm sweet and gentle... They're not WRONG, but I don't think that's what defines me. Those are just outward characteristics. But my dearest friends like to comment on my inner badass >:)

The people who know the real me sometimes say I have a masculine energy about me, lots of charm and charisma. A caring heart, too ,though. And deep self-awareness for my age (19)

But still... some people overestimate my toughness and attribute meaner qualities to me than I really have. They do so lovingly, thinking of me as tough and self-sufficient I guess. But it's hurtful; deep down I am sensitive and caring!
I don't just menacingly stomp around swearing and telling people to shape up. I'm secretly deeply sentimental and nurturing.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I want to have sex with my boyfriend all morning long, watching tv we both love in between, talking and laughing and offering our commentary to what's happening onscreen or reading something lovely either separately or apart (EDIT: I don't have a bf anymore but still... that sounds awesome)

I would love to do something fun with some friends, see a movie, go hiking, read something together, hit the gym, the beach, the zoo, a museum... but not for too long. It's not an all-day type excursion - that can exhaust me.

I would want to go recharge with them some place quiet, take a nap together with him and cuddle, or even have a quiet meal together; and then after a few hours, go back out there and have another adventure.

Maybe go to a quiet gathering in the evening, have fun conversations and watch the crazy drunk people having a blast (I don't drink; long story.)

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

So... Fire away.
Give me what you got!

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
I really suspect ISFJ or possibly ESFJ but right now I don't have any great evidence to support this theory :(
Subscribing at least.

·
I love my everything
10,949 Posts
Didn't read the entire post, but from the parts I did read and by seeing you around the forum, I'm gonna guess INFJ.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Oswin @Earthious

I love you both for commenting.

And, obviously I don't expect you to read the entire novel I cranked out :p That would be unreasonable.

I just wanted to be thorough as possible in my original post so that people could give assessments rather than spend time thinking of creative questions to learn additional facts that might point to the truth.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd say INFJ or ENFJ, you seem like a Fe, due to wanting to belong, make others happy, making the ones you think are odd feel love, sounding smart to others, and just the general importance you seem to give to happiness and maybe control (at least from an emotional standpoint eg. Wanting to spread happiness (?)) of your surroundings, AND Ni due to your analysing and looking at things from multiple pespectives, your interest in more abstract topics like symbolism and philosophy (not saying that this can't be true of other types, but I think it's more common in Ni types).

Cognitively, you seem like an extravert which is why Ne and Fe were at the top, but using dichotomies you get introverted results, so I'm guessing you consider yourself an introvert? You prefer action rather than observance, which seems to point to an extroverted dominant function, but your Ti seems higher than your Se, which points to INFJ over ENFJ.

Would you interact with someone who is very deep, has multiple, very interesting ideas and theories and has the ability to offer points of views and ideas you never would have thought about, but is unkind, seems to have no emotional understanding or respect for other people's emotions? Why or why not?

·
Registered
ENTP 7w6 so/sp
3,078 Posts
You definitely strike me as an Fe user. Either INFJ or ENFJ
On another note, I think your Enneagram is 9w1.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
@Fern,

xxFJ for sure. I think xNFJ is more likely, but not certain.

Reactions: Fern

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd say INFJ or ENFJ, you seem like a Fe, due to wanting to belong, make others happy, making the ones you think are odd feel love, sounding smart to others, and just the general importance you seem to give to happiness and maybe control (at least from an emotional standpoint eg. Wanting to spread happiness (?)) of your surroundings, AND Ni due to your analysing and looking at things from multiple pespectives, your interest in more abstract topics like symbolism and philosophy (not saying that this can't be true of other types, but I think it's more common in Ni types).

Cognitively, you seem like an extravert which is why Ne and Fe were at the top, but using dichotomies you get introverted results, so I'm guessing you consider yourself an introvert? You prefer action rather than observance, which seems to point to an extroverted dominant function, but your Ti seems higher than your Se, which points to INFJ over ENFJ.

Would you interact with someone who is very deep, has multiple, very interesting ideas and theories and has the ability to offer points of views and ideas you never would have thought about, but is unkind, seems to have no emotional understanding or respect for other people's emotions? Why or why not?
All you've said interests me greatly!

I've always identified with portions of extraversion and introversion alike... And requesting insight from friends and family doesn't seem to help either.
My parents especially will say things like "Just when we decided you were an extrovert, you do this!"
But my introverted brothers think I'm an introvert because my communication and socializing style seems nearly identical to their own.
Hm...

But, to answer your question, I do consider myself an introvert, yes. I would say I enjoy interaction and observation in balance. And when I do interact, I find myself taking almost excessive time alone dissecting the interactions. But this introversion-extroversion spectrum/dichotomy/whatever doesn't interest me TOO greatly.

but your Ti seems higher than your Se, which points to INFJ over ENFJ.
I'd agree with you on that point. There was a time a few months ago where I lived in Ti-Land and would type as INTP almost exclusively, in the 90's% for cognitive tests that measure it that way.
My Se is my achilles heel and my best friend all in one, I'd say.
And there are times when I can feel my Ni-Se flowing in balance and it's SO energizing. I cannot even put it to words.
I mean, I could if I wanted to but I'm typing too much as it is ;)

Hell. Yes.
Where can I meet this person?

I mean, I wouldn't offer emotional vulnerability to the person and I'd take their potential criticisms and assessments with a grain of salt (as I do with everyone) but this sounds like a highly rewarding friendship.
Maybe not a kindred spirit type I'd feel comfortable calling at 4am with news my mother passed away, but not every relationship need fill this role :)

There are different companions for different occasions.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After speed reading through the whole thing, I get the vibe that you're an Ni-dom and probably INFJ.

Complimentary fern!

At first, I definitely thought you gave me weed.

Also, thanks for the input! We've talked a bit over my time here, so I weigh your opinion a leetle more.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Oswin @xForgottenOne

You both suggested ISFJ - something I'd never considered at length!

May I pick your brains as to what made you think this? :)

Seeing as you both ARE ISFJ's, I'd like to think you're pretty much experts in recognizing your own after all ^_^

1 - 14 of 14 Posts