Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard many members of PerC talk about being intimidated by SX-dom Type 6's - - and can be rather hard on them for their spirit of intensity.

I was curious about things that are "good" about being a Type 6 SX-dom. If you are a Type 6 SX-dom, what do you like about it? If you know or have observed a Type 6 SX-dom, what do you like about them, admire, or view as positive qualities they embody?

Please and Thank You! :smile-new:

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,514 Posts
Hmm. It's tough because I'm unsure how to separate counterphobia from the sexual instinct (and I think they don't necessarily go hand in hand). But I'll answer for my own experiences.

~What's good about being an sx 6 me~

- I like the rush of pulling off a crazy scheme
- Capable of taking down someone I see as unjust/abusive/destructive
- Sometimes, the guy who looks like the devil to everyone else has a point and needs an advocate. I dig that job.
- Definitely not a bored/distant lover
- Ability to put the intense focus to use keeping others safe
- Everyone wants me around for the zombie apocalypse

I dunno, I mean, I feel pretty normal most of the time, so it's not like I'm consciously aware of being intense, so I really am not sure how to address that.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmm. It's tough because I'm unsure how to separate counterphobia from the sexual instinct (and I think they don't necessarily go hand in hand). But I'll answer for my own experiences.

~What's good about being an sx 6 me~

- I like the rush of pulling off a crazy scheme
- Capable of taking down someone I see as unjust/abusive/destructive
- Sometimes, the guy who looks like the devil to everyone else has a point and needs an advocate. I dig that job.
- Definitely not a bored/distant lover
- Ability to put the intense focus to use keeping others safe
- Everyone wants me around for the zombie apocalypse

I dunno, I mean, I feel pretty normal most of the time, so it's not like I'm consciously aware of being intense, so I really am not sure how to address that.
Thank You @braided pain ! for being the first person to respond to my inquiries!
I really appreciate you taking the time to cultivate a response. :smile-new:

I was asking the question, because I'm coming to terms with the fact that my 6-wing might be more counter-phobic than I may have liked to admit (at least it was severely so, as a child). My parents (and society) seem to view intensity and reactivity in a negative light (& I feel a similar pattern was echoed on PerC when SX-dom Type 6 was repeatedly voted as an "intimidating" type in this forum thread: http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram-personality-theory-forum/539394-enneagram-type-s-intimidate-you-most.html).

So, all those viewpoints have kind of tainted how I view those parts of myself (in one form or another). I was hoping to start a thread of encouraging words and positivity about SX-dom Type 6 traits;; I wanted to hear what made those bits and pieces Great! :glee:

I guess I will try to add to the list (forgive me if I am attributing incorrect attributes to SX-dom or counter-phobic Type 6's - - they still confuse me a bit):

- I am good in a crisis.
- I am a person of courage, and have stepped up and done some truly courageous things in my lifetime.
- I have the ability to "wake others up" to the truth (Type 3's + Type 9's have expressed appreciation for this trait).
- Others have appreciated that I have said what they have not felt the courage to say;; or stood up to corruption in various environments.
- My reactivity can be amusing to others, at times.
- I can be passionate and intense;; which some might enjoy.
- I am able to take care of myself, and stand on my own two feet.
- I can trust myself to take action, and get stuff done.
- I make change happen; I am an agent of forward progress.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
We're pretty much incredibly bad ass amazing.

I think they call us 'strength and beauty' but I might go as far as to say we're the definition of tenacity :cool:

Reactions: o0india0o

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm surprised you've seen that many people saying 6s can be intimidating. The unfortunate online trope I'm familiar with is that cp/SX 6s are all a bunch of blustering try-hards (which is NOT true; I acknowledge 6s can make themselves legitimately scary).

I know one counterphobic 6, who may also be sexual first. The thing I like most about him is that he's very supportive. Not in an "Oh let me hug you" way, but you always get the sense from him that you're on "the team" and you're in it on some sort of epic quest. SOLIDARITY. I never feel like I'm on any teams, so it opens up a small place in my heart to feel connected with others. And he'll do anything to protect that team. You're part-of, and you're safe there.

Also.
- He's also willing to stick up for anyone he perceives as being treated unfairly. He, and people like him, are probably some sort of stop-gap for preventing much larger abuses.
- He knows his legal shit and anytime I have a problem with any system, I can just ask him and get an instant understanding of how things work, what I can do about my problems, and how best to cover my butt.
- He hates just about everything about his life (or you'd think he did hearing him talk), yet he really sticks it out. Down to the very bitter end, no matter what, ice-snow-sleet-and-hail, he can just suck it up and do what needs to be done despite all odds, no matter how grim the circumstances. Seems like most people are more lightweight than this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts