Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that ISFPs are generally very easy going. They go with the flow and don't feel the need to dominate others. Unless of course someone challenges something to do with their personal values that is very important to them.
What I want to know is what kind of values do ISFPs hold that we would stand up and fight for? What kind of situation could so push your buttons that you would let go of your easy-going ways, even temporarily?

I will give you a situation I encountered a few weeks ago. I was talking to my Grandfather about my future career plans and how I wanted to be an Electrician. He immediately tried to discourage me form my chosen career, citing that 'the men will look down on you' or 'they won't respect you'. It seemed to me that he was saying that I should give up because I AM A GIRL. He then suggested for me different, more gender-acceptable careers like nursing, or a dental hygienist or even a secretary. If he had been anyone besides my sweet, aged grandfather I would have ripped him a new one right there.
I think my family is pretty progressive. I have never one in my life felt there was something I couldn't do simply because I am female (except maybe be a sperm donor). So this kind (and any other kind) of bigotry is something that really gets me angry enough to perhaps create a little bit of disharmony.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know that ISFPs are generally very easy going. They go with the flow and don't feel the need to dominate others. Unless of course someone challenges something to do with their personal values that is very important to them.
What I want to know is what kind of values do ISFPs hold that we would stand up and fight for? What kind of situation could so push your buttons that you would let go of your easy-going ways, even temporarily?

I will give you a situation I encountered a few weeks ago. I was talking to my Grandfather about my future career plans and how I wanted to be an Electrician. He immediately tried to discourage me form my chosen career, citing that 'the men will look down on you' or 'they won't respect you'. It seemed to me that he was saying that I should give up because I AM A GIRL. He then suggested for me different, more gender-acceptable careers like nursing, or a dental hygienist or even a secretary. If he had been anyone besides my sweet, aged grandfather I would have ripped him a new one right there.
I think my family is pretty progressive. I have never one in my life felt there was something I couldn't do simply because I am female (except maybe be a sperm donor). So this kind (and any other kind) of bigotry is something that really gets me angry enough to perhaps create a little bit of disharmony.
I think you answered it in your first paragraph very well. As long as you dont cross me on a personal level. I am usually not going to get involved with whatever none sense may be going on around me.

The way I see it is I have like a bubble. Inside this bubble would be my own personal values or morals, my family, my girlfriend, and my close friends. My family and girlfriend are the most sensitive of the two, with my friends coming in behind them, and my values and morals somewhat behind the others. Reason for this is because I will not tolerate disrespect for my parents who have worked as hard as they could to provide me with everything they could, my girlfriend wont be disrespected by anyone as long as I can help it, and I dont tolerate people talking trash about my friends when they arent there to defend themselves. I treat my own set of morals and values differently though. Those will be challenged for as long as I live. However, as long as you dont question them to the point to where you are disrespectful towards me then question all day long. As soon as you try to attack me is when I will let it be known that this is unacceptable.

·
Registered
213 Posts
"What I want to know is what kind of values do ISFPs hold that we would stand up and fight for? What kind of situation could so push your buttons that you would let go of your easy-going ways, even temporarily?"

Music.

When activities suddenly occur that I want to be part of because I value them... I sometimes feel like a very pushy person (even though the average person would probably consider it normal). I usually just go with the flow. But I'm starting to try to be more "pushy" and not consider what other ppl will think so much.

It's kind of funny. I have to be very non "F" at my job, for everything to work. Haven't done it for long, but I'm really forced to switch it on and off. It works so far, as long as I know that it's for everyone's benifit.

I'm too tired right now to give you a better answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts