Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a burning fire within, occasionally erupting when values are violated?
Is it an understanding of yourself at every level, not by thinking, but just by 'knowing'?
Is it a pure idealism that gets hurt when the external world doesn't match it?

What is it to you?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Who I am when I don't have to worry about what the world is thinking or feeling. It feels like a purity of mind or self understood by me, without interference from any other voice outside my head. Odd way to put it but this is exactly how it feels.

Reactions: Luke

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hmm.. Introverted feeling is the experience of feeling my batteries charging up again. It is in complete solitude that I can fully think and find the presence of mind to hash life's surprises and experiences; and then make sense of it all. When I cannot have it, I cannot make the best decisions.

·
Registered
78 Posts
- Constant awareness of my feelings, state of mind
- A gut reaction that makes up my mind about things and ideas
- Kinda swirly
- Knowing exactly how I work, what will set me off, what to stay away from, what to take in, what is good for me
- Knowing the right thing to do
- Feeling like the world is supposed to be a certain way, knowing a better way to live, and trying my best to live up to that standard
* getting surprised/angry/sad/frustrated when the world doesn't understand or care
- What everyone else said

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
To me it is having an internal focus. I don't experience it as being free of thought, for me it often involves deep analysis of myself and what I experience. This is often done using logic and intuition. It also involves a sense of right and wrong, which is often based on subjective feelings. So something doesn't have to "logically make sense" for it to be valued, the feelings associated with a thing are valuable in and of themselves. It's also non conformist in that it values it's own individuality, rather than attempting to fit into the values of the society around me. I find that I am intensely sceptical of social values and norms.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Besides what everyone else said, it's basically this extremely heightened self awareness. It's mostly with regards to how a situation makes me feel, how I'm going to feel if something happened, what makes me tick and what doesn't, what kind of reaction something would cause in me, etc. One more thing I'm not sure others agree with: Fi is also about dissecting myself in order to understand myself more, it's self discovery taken to an extreme. Everything is subjective, and it tends to border on me being self centered sometimes, in the sense that I'm mostly attuned to how this affects me before anything else.

I also get a lot of gut reactions like someone above mentioned. My instinct tells me a lot of things, and I can't help but listen to it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I score 100 in every introvert test (maybe a bit exaggerated, I've only taken one test, many times). Sometimes it feels that I'm completely shut out from the real world. My head is constantly in the clouds and objects like the fridge just appear in front of me to bump into.

But, I'm very much know my thoughts and emotions. The chaotic world of the outside doesn't exist inside my head. There are no fridges to bump into in my head.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Of the questions you presented, "Is it a pure idealism that gets hurt when the external world doesn't match it?" would be most applicable in my life.

I find that the external world (mostly people) fails to measure up to how I feel it "should" be in my head.

Simply put, introverted feeling to me is isolated interpretation of everything around me, completely separate from other people even in their physical presence.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's like everything comes in (as pictures, scenes, and movement, instead of words) and I instantly understand it and can place it into the larger web of concepts and connections, yet I have no words for it to explain to someone on the outside -- it's like inside my mind is a silent film and I'm only watching it all happen. So, I have to think for awhile on how to exactly depict my insight or what I feel about a situation (this is why I love my INTP cousin - we think just alike and when I grunt to her half thoughts, she completely articulates my silent film)

Also, since everything gets placed and connected with a vast thread of much larger lessons, themes, etc, it's difficult to explain sometimes because I end up just bouncing around from thought to thought expecting the listener to make the connections that I find so obvious

1 - 12 of 12 Posts