Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nicked the idea from a thread in the 9 subforum by @MBTI Enthusiast :p

I'm even more curious about YOUR results than i am with those of my own enneagram type XD, because Sixes seem to be the most diverse and the most evenly distributed among MBTI types.

on to the questions:
1. What is it like being a Type 6 of your MBTI type? What makes you different than the Type 6s of other MBTI types? What makes you different than the the rest of your MBTI type who aren't 6s?
2. Do you feel that your MBTI type supports or contradicts your enneagram type? How does it do so?
3. Do you relate more strongly to your MBTI description or your enneagram description?
4. Do you think you could more easily relate to someone of your same enneagram type but different MBTI type or your same MBTI type but different enneagram type?

thanks!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Just after I post this on Nine, I post this on Six. x3 -slightly sheepish feeling-

1. What is it like being a Type 6 of your MBTI type? What makes you different than the Type 6s of other MBTI types? What makes you different than the the rest of your MBTI type who aren't 6s?

I don't know exactly how many ENFPs are type Sixes. Most of them get typed as something like Seven. I don't think Six and ENFP are quite contradictory. I think of it as an interesting mix. I'm shy at times. I always am open and reach out to people, but until I get to know them there's a part of myself I hold back. I do want security. I feel like my fellow ENFPs can be more brave than me, more daring. And I'm not most of the time. I feel a bit smaller. I feel more mellow and more introverted than most ENFPs. But there's good things that come out of that. ^^

2. Do you feel that your MBTI type supports or contradicts your enneagram type? How does it do so?

I think, like I mentioned before, it doesn't contradict exactly. It balances out. It adds some flavour. :)

3. Do you relate more strongly to your MBTI description or your enneagram description?

They both describe different aspects of me and come together to draw a more accurate picture.

4. Do you think you could more easily relate to someone of your same enneagram type but different MBTI type or your same MBTI type but different enneagram type?

It is balanced here as well. I feel connected to two different groups of people. Like I said, more of my fellow ENFPs are wild and daring and out there. I'm not quite. ^^ When it comes to this, I relate more to my fellow Sixes. But I think I'm more out there and extroverted at times than my fellow Sixes. XD

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
I feel more reserved than other sixes I know. I consider myself slightly to the counterphobic side of balanced. I see other sixes go on the attack far more often than I do, I do a lot of weighing and considering of perspectives when there's a conflict. I feel like I'm seen as friendlier than the other ISTJs I know, but I don't know if that's true. I'm pretty asocial in real life.

I think it supports it. Sixes are skeptical, so are ISTJs. Sixes do a lot of worrying, and inferior Ne takes that form in ISTJs a lot.

Enneagram description.

I can see it both ways. Same enneagram, different MBTI type. I could relate to INFP I think, but still 6w7. On the other hand, I could see myself as a type nine. I hope that means I'm integrated a lot of the time.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm even more curious about YOUR results than i am with those of my own enneagram type XD, because Sixes seem to be the most diverse and the most evenly distributed among MBTI types.
Could you explain what you mean by this?

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Could you explain what you mean by this?
am I not being clear?
Sixes are the most common enneagram type, and any MBTI type can be a six. It's far rarer for certain MBTI types to be certain enneagram types. For example, an ISFP is very unlikely to be an eight. So sixes are diverse, as MBTI types go, and the most evenly distributed among MBTI types. Did I hit that right on?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

It's tiring being a Type 6 INTJ. It's true about the description, I'm always tense and a constant adrenaline rush from when I rise in the morning until I lay my head down to sleep. I don't know what makes me different than other Sixes of different MBTI types but I do know it's easy and enjoyable most days being the Devil's Advocate. I guess I'm not as social as the Enneagram makes it seem but I'm independent yet for the team when it's mutually beneficial. There's a stupid duality there I wish would go away but oh well...

I think it does because people definitely accuse INTJ's of "seeing potential pitfalls" in relationships and I do that often to the point it's detrimental to my social life. I feel as if Enneagram 6 is part of the INTJ column along with the other mental triad types. Type 5 is the typical withdrawn character, Type 6 is the suspicious, yet curiously outgoing one, and Type 7 is mental hedonism...well, physically too I guess.

Enneagram only because when you finally find your motivation, everything else becomes painfully clear.

I don't think relate to anyone of any type but if I had to guess, I would say my MBTI type but different Enneagram types only because we process information similarly. Hopefully, we don't run into too many issues with communication.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ah, thanks a lot for explaining @Stephen. I thought she meant something else but never mind.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: Stephen

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
1. Weird, because ISFPs are free spirits but I'm kind of bound by fear. I still think I'm fairly laid back though, the two kind of balance each other out.
2. I think it contradicts it, sixness and Se don't really mix. Se wants me to go out and try new things and do whatever the heck I want, while Six brings up anxiety and fear of doing so.
3. No, I think my enneagram type relates better to me than my MBTI type. I'm thinking I might be an ISFJ, and 6w7 is more common among them than it is among ISFPs. I know they have completely different functions, but I have fairly well developed feeling and sensing functions (ignore my signature, it's from a test back when I didn't know much about them). But I have no doubt that I'm a six.
4. I think it's about the same, I relate very easily to others of my MBTI and enneagram type, but I've found myself trying to motivate other sixes to get out there and just do it. I think it's because I wish I could be like that myself.

·
Registered
166 Posts

First, I'm not sure how many ISTJs are Type 6, however having been in multiple environments studying psychology where we took both tests, I did discover Type 6 was present in all groups but in small numbers, because we were so well distributed. Interesting side note: almost all Type 6 were the oldest children in their family, with an even split between genders. That being said, what does make me different from an ISTJ is my artsy side as well as my social side. I'm introverted, no doubt of that, but I am outgoing. I find it easy to talk to people and engage them in conversation, even conversations that are of the "How's the weather" variety.

Both actually. Supports my MBTI through loyalty, inquisitiveness, and being security orientated. It contradicts my MBTI as ISTJs aren't thought of or described as being outgoing or artistic. And I do have a mad artistic side to me.

I'd say both equally, neither one is completely accurate, there are things in both that describe me very well.

I'm not sure on this one as neither enneagram nor MBTI is better than the other. There are specific traits in both descriptions that would definitely make me more compatible with someone.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts

It makes me have introverted sensing dominant with thinking auxiliary!

I'm not sure how my MBTI type makes me different from other 6s, to be honest. I mean, I do have different security-sensitive areas than other 6s, but don't we all? I suppose, though, that my inferior Ne + enneagram 6 mean that I can be caught in premonitions that something will turn out bad (when the real reason for my negativity is that I'm afraid).

On the other hand, I can definitely see how my enneagram makes me different from other ISTJs. I note that my concerns often stem from security. I don't want the job done right because it should be done right, dammit, I want it done right because I can sleep well knowing it won't break or something. It should be noted that I did not pick this example to match ISTJs, I picked it to match the other most common kind of ISTJs around here, Type Ones.

Neither, really.

If you mean full, ISTJ descriptions, this is an easy choice for enneagram. If you mean dominant Si + the other functions, I still go with enneagram because my cognitive functions don't really define me as a person.

Probably same enneagram type. They'd have the same basic drive that I'd understand. And again, enneagram, while not describing a whole person in any way, forms more of a person than MBTI.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
There are a few of us I guess. Since there are a lot of 5s around in INTJ land, I sometimes feel a little less smart because they seem to be much more objective in their reasoning than I can usually manage. I think there might be places that I avoid going mentally because they scare me or make me anxious, whereas others probably don't get that so much. Maybe.

Don't really know about 6s of other types that much. I guess our behaviour and motivations are likely to be similar but thought processes not so much.

Neither. Although, some descriptions make 6 sound more ISTJish than INTJish. Which is fine, but I may at times have gotten the two things confused and thought I was more of an ISTJ when really I think it was because my behaviour fell into the 6 'seeking stability and safety' bracket but my thought process was different.

Both. I used to place more weight on MBTI than I do now. But when it comes to trying to find someone who really understands where I'm coming from, this is when MBTI can be more useful.

To answer your question briefly (I deleted a long waffly reply!): I know INTJs on the forum that are not 6s. I get on with many, but there are others I'm not so wild about. On the other hand, the 6s tend to be coming from a similar place regardless of type. So it's easier to find immediate common ground with other 6s in my opinion.

However, I think that if you really wanted to connect deeply with someone on a mental level, that's when MBTI differences would start to come into play.

I feel more reserved than other sixes I know.
Sure you're not 6w5?

·
Banned
13,780 Posts

<.<....damn..such a broad question...-.- kinda too lazy to fully answer. First of all I don't know my MBTI type. As a 6 I doubt and question and because of this I have only been able to figure out that I'm some sort of Fi-Te type. Most of the time I test INFP and I can't relate to a lot of INFP stuff, I'm more logical, less of a unique snowflake, less emotional for sure, make more logical decisions (Te). I certainly can't relate to some pieces of the description such as "rose colored glasses", "sense of wonder" and all the emotional poety stuff.

It supports some parts and contradicts soome other parts *shrug*.

Neither. I relate to who I am :) and static descriptions can never fully grasp anyone's complex personality.

Does it matter? I can more easily relate to some people and less so to others. It depends on the individual and not on type.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It depends on the individual and not on type.
I feel the same as well! that's one of the reasons I have such a difficulty answering this questionaire :p

Reactions: Stephen

·
Registered
83 Posts

Not much really, im INTP and 6w5, that kinda makes sense. Maybe im more individualistic and more analytic, and certainly more skecptical ( this is a 6w5 trait, but even with this, i consider myself more skeptic than other 6w5s that i knew).
Ah! , almost forgot, im not into sports or any concrete affiliation. Im much less affiliated to those things

Then, with INTPs, i can give a never-ending list of not shared traits ( according with with the general descriptions i mean ).
I have a constant struggle between my mind and my emotions, my needs are high, i lose control of myself constantly, my ego is strong and im very self absorbed because of that. Im more outrageous maybe though
Im Fe represed, and also certainly Ti dominant, S/N are balanced, but i notice more Ne than Se in me, cognitive functions are the only reason of my self typing.

Contradicts, if i start with the INTP first.

6w5

I've been compared to Dr House (xNTP), but mostly i dont relate with the INTP ones, maybe because there's a stupid notion of INTP = scientists, nerds, comic book collector, Albert Einstein, dungeons and dragons master , and this this stereotype doesn't fit me.

6w5s fits better with me.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are they the most common enneatype globablly speaking or specifically to this forum?

I'm sorry @Kayness. I've been trying to answer this question thread, but my Ni is making it incredibly difficult.
oooh! thank you. I've a bit of a difficult time answering this myself as well.

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Are they the most common enneatype globablly speaking or specifically to this forum?
I meant globally speaking. I haven't checked to see what the most common enneagram type is on this forum.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts