Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP 3w2
322 Posts
As an ENTP I usually find it really exciting if someone understands me. I get super hyped and can't stop talking to the person about literally everything. I'm really curious as to how INFJs feel.

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
As an ENTP I usually find it really exciting if someone understands me. I get super hyped and can't stop talking to the person about literally everything. I'm really curious as to how INFJs feel.
I dont know man, apparently sensors are shallow thinkers :unsure:

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
double

·
Registered
60 Posts
I mean what's it like when the things you think, feel, know etc. are more or less the same in another person and you two are simply on the same wavelength, you two just "get" each other?
Is it a calming thing, does it come with some sort of a feeling? Can you describe the sensation somehow please?
I'm not sure about feeling but its very enjoyable to be around such a person even if the person is just a presence in the room. No pressures in anyway from either person or insecurities about what may be done or shared.

Reactions: chimeric and Atla

·
Registered
809 Posts
So I have a friend who is accepting of everyone in general, and I do feel like we are on the same wavelength most of the time. I'm not sure of what her type is, but she's definitely an extrovert. It feels like harmony between us, I let my guard down a bit when she's around me. If we are one-on-one, just her and me, I can let my guard down almost completely. I feel calm, and I'm always excited to see what topic will come up next. There's just this lasting understanding between us, and it's so comforting to know that she won't judge me. I understand her and I show that I care about her life, I think she can sense that and so she cares about me in return. She also has a form of multiple personality disorder, I don't know if that affects anything.

It's not perfect, some days we want to talk about different things or we'll be in different moods and it doesn't go as well.(Ex. I'm feeling drained and I just need alone time, or she doesn't feel like listening to my stories, but it's all good.) I only see her like 1-2 times per week, it's not that big of a deal if we have an off day once in a while. There's some things I feel like she doesn't get though, but she understands more than others. I don't think we can understand someone perfectly and completely.

It definitely helps for me to see that she's accepting of everyone, I know she'll accept me. That made it easier for me to get to know her, even though she and I are completely different in almost every aspect of our lives. I don't think I could let her know everything about me yet though, I think that will probably just come in time, and I'm content with letting some things be left unsaid and keeping some things to myself, of course.

That was probably too much info already, so I'll stop there. You can ignore the info you didn't ask for :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Surprised and a little suspicious I suppose.

Because the only way for someone to understand me is if they're majorly fucked up themself.
Why would someone need to be fucked up to understand you? Are you underestimating the power of intuition? I think it's quite possible to understand those who are drastically different from the self, if only you can faxsimilate in your mind how their traits and life circumstances shape their existence. Isn't personality typing created for exactly this purpose?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've never experienced it firsthand, so I wouldn't have a clue... Yet somehow, I know exactly what it would feel like? XD

I'd say for INFJs, there would be a significant level of subliminal, unspoken knowingness, and being able to predict how the other would react in various situations based on their personality. Most of my opinions and ideas would be taken seriously, with little concern for underlying objective, tangible information, or lack thereof. (Ni<->Ni will be either a hit or miss, depending on similarities in upbringing and other subjective experiences).

I also imagine there would be an intense emotional interest/pull/attraction, which would be very hard to resist getting swept up by. That combination would lead to curiosity about the other person's history and future ambitions; wanting to learn more about them, as they'd be perceived as rather fascinating individuals.

I wrote that with INJs, and ENFJ in mind, as it's difficult for me to imagine being truly 'understood' by someone who isn't big on the Ni.

Why would someone need to be fucked up to understand you? Are you underestimating the power of intuition? I think it's quite possible to understand those who are drastically different from the self, if only you can faxsimilate in your mind how their traits and life circumstances shape their existence.
Honing in on their objective traits/existence, and then structuring circumstances to generate theories of the highest potential. That sounded so incredibly ENTP. XD

Is it the same type of understanding though? (Is there more than one type..?) Being able to objectively assess a situation and rationalize the outcome so that it logically "makes sense", versus being able to predict actions/outcomes based on relevant or shared subjective experiences?

Perhaps I'm just biased, but to me it feels like Ni "lives it to some extent, contrasts present to past and then extrapolates the most probable future based on personal experience", whereas Ne "takes something external and makes it look good on paper (or in theory)".

·
Registered
478 Posts
At first meeting INFJs gave me a sense of belonging but after a while, I figured it was the sense or idea I had of myself that made it so, so becoming more comfortable in my own skin has made me feel more like I belong than anything else.

As for someone understanding how you think, feel, know, see, intuit and being able to read their 'cues', it's a feeling I love having and those that can provide it make me feel a deep sense of connection with them that bypasses all the social bounds which constrict normal interactions. I can say just about anything without it being misunderstood- Which has actually lead me into analysing myself a lot more, how I feel/think about things and people so I can convey them more often and feel that 'rush' of connectedness which only the rare individual can give me.

There's actually two distinct feelings with someone who just 'gets' you, if they only get you, then it's a sense of calm and genuine stable connection. If it's more than that and you can see further into why each other does the things they do, similar experiences and feelings/thoughts in the same situations and stuff, you can get a huge kick out of talking about your thoughts and especially feelings(Which I'm still trying to figure out).

All in all, they're pretty much the only kinds of people that don't drain me and actually give me energy because I don't have to be anything but myself and it feels as if nothing I can do would be wrong.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's very unusual so whenever it happens I get really excited and want to dig deeper and know everything about the other person to see if we're compatible on other levels too. And it feels like we're sharing this big secret that nobody else knows about or is able to see. Like it's us against the world. I really wish it would happen more often...

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
I imagine it's like they reached in my belly and touched my soul.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Why would someone need to be fucked up to understand you? Are you underestimating the power of intuition? I think it's quite possible to understand those who are drastically different from the self, if only you can faxsimilate in your mind how their traits and life circumstances shape their existence. Isn't personality typing created for exactly this purpose?
I think this all boils down to how we choose to look at the word "understand" :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
like.. i'm on drugs.

no but... At first it's like a flush of huge relief...and euphoria. I don't opened up to people very easily, but when I do and they understand I feel so much happiness that it feels like i'm about to explode, it's overwhelming.

The only people I can open up to means very much to me and we all share our secrets to each other and talk about everything and nothing, I love this people and will always do.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts