Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone help me figure out what kind of Enneagram 9 I am?

I know I am a 9, it fits me all too well.

I just don't know anything about wings and instinctual variants x.x;

I read the wing descriptions and I'm still at a loss, because I can relate to both wings.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hey Photon!

I so, so, so wanna just say you're 9w1 because you're INFP. Here we go:

Type Nine with a One Wing:
Type One is associated with self-critical, perfectionist, and moralistic/idealistic tendencies. Some of those elements are present in a Nine with a One wing.

9w1s are more likely to repress their anger than a 9w8. 9w1s have a hard time expressing their personal needs and wants, so resentment might build up until it explodes. 9w1s who are particularly socially-oriented may put great efforts into understanding what other people want, and if other people do not show that same level of dedication, they might feel marginalized. 9w1s, though, are usually very uncomfortable with their own anger and might try to deny it or channel it into other things instead of confronting it head-on.

9w1s tend to be more open to others than a 9w8 and is liable to place a premium on the well-being of others. 9w1s are far more gentle than a 9w8 and they tend to be good team players. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, 9w1 is probably the most peaceful.

Type Nine with an Eight Wing:
Type Nine is normally associated with serenity and contemplation, while Type Eight is associated with pushy aggressiveness. This combination is sometimes described as paradoxical, but it actually makes perfect sense, as long as we keep in mind that serenity and aggression are secondary consequences of the core motivations of Nine and Eight.

Type Nine wants to detach from their own world and find fulfillment in the world around them, or the world of others. Type Eights are hyper-aware of the boundaries between themselves and others and will react aggressively if those borders are crossed harmfully. 9w8s, therefore, want to extend themselves into the outside world while simultaneously protecting themselves from harm. 9w8s tend to want to do their own thing, and will react aggressively if that is threatened, but their modus operandi is to wander throughout the world at their own direction and anyone who wants to tell them what to do can haul off. 9w8s can also be incredibly protective of their friends, because the 9 component lets them “merge” with others and the 8 component takes an attack on friends as a personal attack. (Contrast this with Type 1 – Type 1 will act aggressively in that situation because they perceive the enemy as “wrong”, Type 9w8 will act aggressively because they see their friends as part of themselves.)

You could also be equally double winged, but this is kinda rare. That would be troublesome to figure out.

Hope this helps! Kachow! :cool:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Photon!

I so, so, so wanna just say you're 9w1 because you're INFP. Here we go:

Type Nine with a One Wing:
Type One is associated with self-critical, perfectionist, and moralistic/idealistic tendencies. Some of those elements are present in a Nine with a One wing.

9w1s are more likely to repress their anger than a 9w8. 9w1s have a hard time expressing their personal needs and wants, so resentment might build up until it explodes. 9w1s who are particularly socially-oriented may put great efforts into understanding what other people want, and if other people do not show that same level of dedication, they might feel marginalized. 9w1s, though, are usually very uncomfortable with their own anger and might try to deny it or channel it into other things instead of confronting it head-on.

9w1s tend to be more open to others than a 9w8 and is liable to place a premium on the well-being of others. 9w1s are far more gentle than a 9w8 and they tend to be good team players. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, 9w1 is probably the most peaceful.

Type Nine with an Eight Wing:
Type Nine is normally associated with serenity and contemplation, while Type Eight is associated with pushy aggressiveness. This combination is sometimes described as paradoxical, but it actually makes perfect sense, as long as we keep in mind that serenity and aggression are secondary consequences of the core motivations of Nine and Eight.

Type Nine wants to detach from their own world and find fulfillment in the world around them, or the world of others. Type Eights are hyper-aware of the boundaries between themselves and others and will react aggressively if those borders are crossed harmfully. 9w8s, therefore, want to extend themselves into the outside world while simultaneously protecting themselves from harm. 9w8s tend to want to do their own thing, and will react aggressively if that is threatened, but their modus operandi is to wander throughout the world at their own direction and anyone who wants to tell them what to do can haul off. 9w8s can also be incredibly protective of their friends, because the 9 component lets them “merge” with others and the 8 component takes an attack on friends as a personal attack. (Contrast this with Type 1 – Type 1 will act aggressively in that situation because they perceive the enemy as “wrong”, Type 9w8 will act aggressively because they see their friends as part of themselves.)

You could also be equally double winged, but this is kinda rare. That would be troublesome to figure out.

Hope this helps! Kachow! :cool:
9w1 sounds a lot like me when I was younger. Perhaps that is still my type, but as I've grown up I've gotten better at setting boundaries and don't allow people to treat me or my loved ones poorly. 9w8 sounds a lot more like me now, and I have a better idea of what I want, but it probably stems from personal growth. The 9w1 is probably correct though because when I stand up for myself or others, it is usually because my inner moral compass kicks in, and I'll focus on why it is morally wrong rather than keeping people as parts of myself. I tend to mirror other people rather than let them become a part of me.

Thanks for your insight, I really appreciate it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts