Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

Peace, Love, Knowledge, Captivation, Hope.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
To become a musician and promote social change as a politician

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I avoid becoming hateful or immoral or lustful or in any way dishonest, I avoid but not with any success.

Love for thy neighbor and thy God is important. And freedom of choice.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

I really don't have many. I am to introspective to see oncoming danger sometimes.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

As a good friend with something to offer, thats how I view myself, but I also am hard on myself.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

Making good music with good friends makes me feel good. Being around hateful senseless people makes me feel bad.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

Anger - I really just want to make everyone payback.
Shame - It can make me angry if people point fingers, and I feel guilty for a little while.
Anxiety - I just get motivated to get things in order.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

Stress -I push through, I don't have stress issues. If I do, I think my way out of it, put a positive spin on it.
Change - I get a little fearful, then I observe and adapt.
Conflict - I put it off, people who conflict with me know this ahead of time, so when I confront them I get very direct. They had time to come to a consensus. If I do something wrong, I apologize quickly

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

Authority - I respect good authority, I resent bad authority.
Power - I don't think power should be loud when it is obvious, or else it isn't power it is a burden.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

I love people and we're going somewhere..hopefully.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Your answers are kind of short, but questions 3 points strongly to type 1 (questions 2 and 5, too). What do you think about 1w2?

timeless's description said:
Type One with a Two Wing:

Type Two is marked by a desire to help others, and that characteristic is present in the One with a Two wing also. The 1w2 is far more active than 1w9 in helping others directly, which is why 1w2 is often called “The Advocate.” To a 1w2, the best moral theory is useless unless it can be used to help others.

1w2s are more practical than 1w9s, and are less likely to get bogged down in moral theorizing. They want to do what's right, right now. They cannot abide injustice and are more likely to seek a confrontational situation than a 1w9. They are also likely to believe that inaction in the face of injustice is just as bad as actually committing that injustice, as they can easily empathize with others.
Here's the full article.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Bulleted typing commentary:
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

Peace, Love, Knowledge, Captivation, Hope.
  • Not indicative of any particular type.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
To become a musician and promote social change as a politician
  • 3s want fame, and this may point to that... but social change isn't something I've heard they care for.
  • 1s and 8s could desire social change or justice, and thus far you don't sound like an 8.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I avoid becoming hateful or immoral or lustful or in any way dishonest, I avoid but not with any success.
  • Very typical of a type 1. They normally consider themselves hypocrites on some level and focus on following principled ideals to act upon and guard their actions from corruption.

Love for thy neighbor and thy God is important. And freedom of choice.

• Many 1s are spiritual.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

I really don't have many. I am to introspective to see oncoming danger sometimes.
  • I consider type 6 less likely on this note, as they are worrisome by nature.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

As a good friend with something to offer, thats how I view myself, but I also am hard on myself.
  • Emphasis on contributing through actions, and high standards.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

Making good music with good friends makes me feel good. Being around hateful senseless people makes me feel bad.

• 1w2s tend to be more into the subjectivity of relationships, so maybe you're a 1w2.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

Anger - I really just want to make everyone payback.
Shame - It can make me angry if people point fingers, and I feel guilty for a little while.
Anxiety - I just get motivated to get things in order.

• 1s often focus on punitive actions to correct the opposition and teach them.
  • 1s have a desire to put the world in order, may make sense of your reaction to anxiety.
  • 1s don't like to be blamed.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

Stress -I push through, I don't have stress issues. If I do, I think my way out of it, put a positive spin on it.
Change - I get a little fearful, then I observe and adapt.
Conflict - I put it off, people who conflict with me know this ahead of time, so when I confront them I get very direct. They had time to come to a consensus. If I do something wrong, I apologize quickly

• Hmm, it isn't typical of a 1 to put a positive spin on problems. I am starting to see 6w5 in you, but you don't really strike me as a phobic. Perhaps you're a 9w1.
  • Nothing says 1s can't be adaptable, but it isn't known to be their strong suit.
  • Conflict points away from my 9 thought. Either 6w5 or 1w9... leaning toward 1w9.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

Authority - I respect good authority, I resent bad authority.
Power - I don't think power should be loud when it is obvious, or else it isn't power it is a burden.

• I don't understand your power statement.
  • Nothing is too indicative of either type from statements above.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

I love people and we're going somewhere..hopefully.
  • Not too indicative.
You seem a little too relaxed to be a 1w9 almost, but it is my best guess. You don't emphasize your insecurities, and tempted me to think you were a 9 of some sort. So ya, most likely a 1w9.

Here are some goodlinks to read up on types:
TypewatchEnneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions
theenneagram ...info from the underground
and also each type'sforum has an article written by Timeless, which is great also.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I see 9, 3 and 7.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
2, 9, and 5

I think the word "peace" stood out the most clearly. The desire to find the silver lining, also. That correlates to type 9 core in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts