Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I am motivated to succeed with the potential that I possess. No one else can do it so I must do what I can with what I have as opposed to what others give me.

I look for ways to be useful and opportunities to develop my own potential and help others develop theirs.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I want to Be useful, not used.. Not that "I jogged down the block, that's my cardio for the day" bull shit. I want to be the best I can be but right now I feel like I've been holding back most of my life. And it brought me to post this thread.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you? A bad leader and parent, a bad person, a negative influence as there is so much negative in this world already. I value virtues and self worth. I want \

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

To be left behind. I don't want to feel how I felt a long time ago again. It's the worst feeling and I wouldn't wish it on anybody else.

To excel by myself. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to have another power that I can only show through action that others cannot see unless they would be willing to talk about it positively for once. And for that to happen I would want to excel with others.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself? I want others to see me in a way that is constructive to their self worth. I spend so much time beating myself up over things when I'm alone that I don't really see myself in any positive light. But others do..

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst? I think feel at my best when I'm a part of a group people that are working together. I think I would feel at my best if someone believed in me. When I perceived that someone believed in me I passed my certification exam by the same amount I failed it by the first two times.

I feel at my worst when my accomplishments aren't acknowledged. Like if someone walks into a place and only sees the faults and doesn't care to say anything about what is actually done. Like all that matters is the room for growth no matter how far we've come..It hurts.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

Anger: I direct it at myself or at others that think they're in a position of virtue when they have initiated a false positive that directed a course of action that justifies their logic without the best possible method. When this method is neglected by their own passive outlook on the situation that they were involved in it angers me.

Shame: When I see the ability to succeed or that I have the ability to do something that I feel I don't deserve for some reason I get shameful. I start thinking that I don't deserve this. That I should let it pass me by because I shouldn't be here, I should be doing something better.

Anxiety: When I see an opportunity that I earned begin to slip away from me I get anxious and sometimes act out of turn or jump the gun if I do not manage it in a proactive fashion.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

Stress: Take a step back and think now if I can. If not, set the pace and then think. I used to try to force things when it didn't work out under my control. That stopped though..I am ashamed of that. I think it's something I learned.

Unexpected change: I'll go with the flow. . Deal with it. It's a setback that's all. If someone decided to intentionally limit me for the sake of their own control..I try to understand them if I'm proactive. INFJ: No more trying to fix people.

Conflict: If they're not going to listen..I'm not going to argue. I will do what I can from my position and if they don't care, they don't care. It hurts but that's the way I have been conditioned to respond now thanks to the impact someone who means a lot to me has had on me.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

My orientation? My relationship is the way I will use the word.

Authority: My relationship to authority is what people consider karma to be like. It's exactly what you would expect from karma: Do unto others as you would do unto yourself. The perspective that I have of the law is exactly what's done back to me. I say screw the law, the law and the people who represent it can get me to the greatest extent if they chose to after seeing my view of the law. I will be penalized for my actions or given opportunities just like others.

As for the people in authoritative positions, it's a constant test of leadership capability. If someone says screw it, it's on them. Always. This goes into power. My relationship with power is that people give me power over them. There's something about me others truly trust. They see things about me I don't see in myself. It doesn't help that I have not been in a great relationship with all of my feelings. My body shows me things but my emotions are on a sub par level. Since emotions are what I think are my weakest facet of personality they are the most protected. But people see my emotions first since they are the fastest form of communication. Needless to say, I do not completely understand power or my own power.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Life is up to the individual. Humanity is up to us as a collective. If you want to do bad, you will suffer. We're all human. If we want to do bad, we will suffer. If one wants to do bad on behalf of everyone..They will suffer along with those who trusted the leader.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
My emotions were disregarded as a kid. I had to make a choice to submit or to think for myself and I chose to think..

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I have trouble being open with other people. I realized that the other day walking around campus. But I also realized that I am learning to be more open as I go along, and that eye contact frightens me because I want to choose who I want to be with and yet I see that others are open as well. I hesitate to trust others that are open as well.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
Traits that I like about myself? Even when i'm angry at myself I try to do good for others.

I like what my strengthsquest evaluation considers my strengths to be. I know they are in favor of T, I've come to the conclusion that I prefer F over T on dichotomy and INFJ to INTJ on the JCF side of things. Here they are:

1. Includer
2. Strategic
3. Restorative
4. Learner
5. Woo

there was this one guy I met. One time he told me experienced (my name) withdrawal because we hadn't been on the same work schedules in awhile. I enjoyed working with him too. He maintained his stature in an environment that had a whole lot of group think and group feel going on. I like that people benefit from being around me whether I like myself or not. I'm unsure why that's true but I like that people like my presence, I guess..

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
Emotions. Intent. If people don't keep track of themselves I can read what they give loose. It's hard to keep secrets against someone who's been trained to maintain eye contact.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
I let it go if they insult me. They don't have enough information about me to make an educated decision. All they know are my emotions, the results of my life to this point and anything conveyed through the environment we're in. I consider what they have to say if it is constructive wrapped up in a negative community's emotional weather.

If they complimented me, it's similar. They don't have enough information to make an educated decision, no matter how much they've heard about my actions or read in my language. They can make guesses but only I know why I feel how I do about it. True compliments come from trusted relationships. No amount of observing is going to change that. But it can influence the environment for the future depending on who sees it.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
I am thankful that we live in a world that has not given up on what our ancestors have fought for.

I don't want to answer what I wish I could have. It denotes that I want more than I can handle or that I want something that is off my track. I am capable of achieving what I want and if I wish for something I might as well put forth the effort to get it.

Feel free to ask any additional questions. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: Sina

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
The message this post is mainly that of a 3, not real in touch with emotions but living up to expectations and trying to surpass them, often frustrated with any inabilities. The control isn't quite there past succeeding and most 3w4's come off as a little more smooth.

I don't know if 6s can act in such a way because some of his conscientious ways + view on authority spoke to a counter-phobic 6w5. 6w5 pushed to success who is trying to prove himself may act in such frustrated ways, but lack the image orientation 3s have.

Tell us what makes sense and doesn't of 3, and why you think you maybe a 6w5 @Azure Bass. Until you give reasoning otherwise I would say that you're most likely a 3w4.

Here are some good links to read up on:
Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions
the enneagram ...info from the underground
and also each type's forum has an article written by Timeless you should read.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm reading them in the order 6, 3 and then 1.

6:
I relate to the foundation there and feeling like I have to play catchup. But it was brought on by trusting someone else with my time and potential as I thought they wanted the best for me. I was unaware that they didn't know what they were talking about at the time, but now I am. I'm pissed. Also, I've had to play catchup because I make mistakes; not because the world is unpredictable.

I'm unsure if my want to be aware of my surroundings is brought on by my nature or by the fact that I feel I was deceived for most of my past. Either way I was trained to look people in the eye. I know bad things can happen because I've seen exactly what happens when you give a bad leader power due to my own innocent mistake. My thought about potential didn't originate from the type 6 descriptions but from the Mayan sun, Akbal's descriptions in tandem with the number Two in their history. I was born on an 2/duality-Akbal day. I take it into account and that does not denote that I am superstitious. It denotes that I take it into account.

One thing that does support six is that in graduating high school I decided that I wanted to earn my success. My parents tried to give me a lot of stuff when I was younger to make up for other deficiencies but I want to earn my way. The easy way out is something I feel would spit on my efforts to be legitimate.

3:

The danger of who they are and what they project. That's the fatal flaw I identified in my weakness in effective communication. It may be the reason why I feel like I don't deserve opportunities I assess: I have not shown them me in a true light so why do I deserve this? Couple that with the engrossment of my feelings of shame over action from past events and I have a potential pitfall in my actions.

Being the best "Them" they can be sounds a lot, a whole lot like what I have been doing on PerC. I keep a journal on things that I want to do and some ideas as well. I also attend self development opportunities and assess leadership opportunities to the point of self development. I've proven to be a good networker as well.

Rising through the ranks. Somehow I managed to become a leader in an online gaming community after I joined. They wanted to give me an opportunity. The gaming community gives players with strife the chance to lead. Now that I think about it that's exactly what they did. I have business with the real owners of that place. Back on topic though.

I feel a little bit of sadness when some good things happen for some reason. It's on par with some threes self destructing after achieving fame and success.

Traditionally, Threes are said to harbor the vice of “deceit.” This vice doesn’t necessarily refer to dishonesty in the conventional sense, and certainly many Threes are ethical in that sense of the term, although some, of course, do adopt lying as one means of furthering their ambitions. The central deception of the Three however, is that which the Three engages in by mistaking the image he or she projects, for the reality of an inner life, and for seducing others into making that same mistake.
source
That sounds like something I would find shameful about myself.

Healthy Threes manage to embody valuable ideal qualities without losing contact with their depths and they inspire and encourage others to live up to their own individual ideals. They are generous with their time and energy and are willing to help others actualize their potential. They take on leadership roles without any desire to dominate or enforce an abstract ideal; they lead from the heart. They have a healthy pragmatism; they enjoy the things of the earth and want others to share in them as well. When they become unhealthy however, Threes can turn into a “human doing.” They immerse themselves in activity in order to distract themselves from their growing sense of inner emptiness. Increasingly cut off from their depths, they become glib and superficial. As they descend into narcissism, they can become cold blooded and ruthless in pursuit of their goals. The once optimistic Three becomes cynical and nihilistic; unable to believe in themselves, they are unable to believe in others.
I've seen traces of the dangerous path and the healthy path in my own life and my own thoughts. In addition to identifying as a Three, I am really, really glad that I didn't have to make the mistake in order to realize that apathy can indeed end my world.

Type one

I've already concluded that I don't identify with Type 1. But upon reading the first paragraph of the links Boss shared I found myself finding reasoning against it already. My father was really hard on me as a kid and always pushed me to do more and do better. Now I am hard on myself to the point of self pity if I let my bad habits rule over me. Along with that I decided as a little kid that I wanted to be useful. Then upon following my dad's negative trend of deceit that I witnessed upon giving him power I decided to 'turn over a new leaf' in elementary school, to be a good person. This was after my first encounter with the ability to lie to others. I got away with it due to a lack of evidence. I'll get back to One after concluding about 6w5, 3w4 and 3w2.

Reactions: Wake

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Wake Those are the same links that @Boss provided. Ha ha. There are two threads that I feel I should direct you to in this regards. They are below.

http://personalitycafe.com/gossip/77262-thoughts-azure-bass.html

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/31322-re-thinking-my-type-infp-isfj.html

You're definitely not 8 fixed. My first impression is that you're some mix of 1 6 and 3(not core). Share your impressions of these types after your readings:).
Hey,

What do you mean by a mix and not a core? I am unfamiliar with the fundamentals of the enneagram system and so I don't understand what you mean or what you are trying to convey. May you please explain what you mean?

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Hey,

What do you mean by a mix and not a core? I am unfamiliar with the fundamentals of the enneagram system and so I don't understand what you mean or what you are trying to convey. May you please explain what you mean?
The tritype goes that you have a fixation in each triad, thinking, feeling, instinctual and this is said to shape your values. It is also supposed to make you more like others of your tritype than even those of your same type in society, so they've been named. I don't personally subscribe to the theory, but there it is.

You admit that you're projecting an image, yet you don't know why people think so highly of you sometimes. It seems 3s are more aware of the image they're projecting and how it effects people so that they may change and they don't turn anyone off.

I see such a nice guy image of being the best friend possible, and heavy conscience which really matches up with the 6 well. You talk about looking around and saying "Who can I help" in that thread. I don't think 3s do that as a knee-jerk reaction, but maybe an group oriented 6. That sounded really honest yet it is sounds like a trait that is more fitting of a 2. If you're going by tritype theory then that as a first reaction flies in the face of your almost obvious 3 fix in that OP.

So you're either a 3 with a very heavy 2 wing to the point of it being unconscious, and both success and peer oriented, like a Tim Tebow. Or you're a scorned 6w7 who learned he must not trust authority and make his own way for his own good, so you have a tenacious attitude towards success while keeping close to your friends for support.

I suppose in #4 up said
I've seen traces of the dangerous path and the healthy path in my own life and my own thoughts. In addition to identifying as a Three, I am really, really glad that I didn't have to make the mistake in order to realize that apathy can indeed end my world.
So I have my answer, I guess.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tritype goes that you have a fixation in each triad, thinking, feeling, instinctual and this is said to shape your values. It is also supposed to make you more like others of your tritype than even those of your same type in society, so they've been named. I don't personally subscribe to the theory, but there it is.

You admit that you're projecting an image, yet you don't know why people think so highly of you sometimes. It seems 3s are more aware of the image they're projecting and how it effects people so that they may change and they don't turn anyone off.

I see such a nice guy image of being the best friend possible, and heavy conscience which really matches up with the 6 well. You talk about looking around and saying "Who can I help" in that thread. I don't think 3s do that as a knee-jerk reaction, but maybe an group oriented 6. That sounded really honest yet it is sounds like a trait that is more fitting of a 2. If you're going by tritype theory then that as a first reaction flies in the face of your almost obvious 3 fix in that OP.

So you're either a 3 with a very heavy 2 wing to the point of it being unconscious, and both success and peer oriented, like a Tim Tebow. Or you're a scorned 6w7 who learned he must not trust authority and make his own way for his own good, so you have a tenacious attitude towards success while keeping close to your friends for support.

I suppose in #4 up said

So I have my answer, I guess.
You seem unfulfilled. Is there anything I can clarify? I'm not the best at explaining things about myself. It may be too early for me to objectively look at myself like this, I'm 20.

I'm in favor of 3w2 but I know that your observation for scorn is correct as well. I feel as though both of these are the consequences of what someone else wanted to sculpt me to be as a human being. I'm very angry about that.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
You seem unfulfilled. Is there anything I can clarify? I'm not the best at explaining things about myself. It may be too early for me to objectively look at myself like this, I'm 20.

I'm in favor of 3w2 but I know that your observation for scorn is correct as well. I feel as though both of these are the consequences of what someone else wanted to sculpt me to be as a human being. I'm very angry about that.
I guess the image doesn't have to be a conscious effort, but a way you act around certain people to be the best friend and the best you. It is simply your identity when dealing with those particular people. Everything else seems to match up given scorn isn't something you've built yourself around, but a lesson learned.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
The message there isn't 3, Wake. He is not a core 3. Where do you see him seeking validation in the form of external markers such as admiration, as a primary drive? He is looking for reassurance.

He is either a core 6 or a core 1w9 with a 6w5 fix.

Azure, I need you talk about leadership, personal corruption, personal perfection, self-development. This is carried off from a conversation we're having. What you're saying is very relevant to your thread.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
The message there isn't 3, Wake. He is not a core 3. Where do you see him seeking validation in the form of external markers such as admiration, as a primary drive? He is looking for reassurance.

Azure, I need you talk about leadership, personal corruption, personal perfection, self-development. This is carried off from a conversation we're having. What you're saying is very relevant to your thread.
I see core 1 as well, but with a very heavy 2 wing.
I'm seeing 1w2>3w2>6w5 So/Sp
all I know is there is lots of 1, lots of 2 and lots of 3

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Gotcha.

Leadership: I think leadership is self worth. Everything that can be applied to one can be applied to the other. If the individual doesn't live up to their own expectations they will allow others to falter in their expectations as well. Insecurity breeds insecurity.

Personal perfection: I think that it's important to work towards improving yourself. Once I learned that leadership never ends it was another cog in the process to find out that self development never ends either. It's a continual process of renewal that includes learning about ones self. If we are the lens that we see the world through then we must develop as our world does, right?

Personal corruption: I wrote about this. Submission to external forces as your own feelings or thought processes without a conscious decision to conform will cause it to happen, I think. The perception will go as far as you let it.

Example 1: I can let people think I'm a good person when really I might be a douchebag for as long as I want until I decide to say hey, I'm going to say screw it now. See the pop song What the hell as compared to an earlier song by the same artist.

Example 2: I can conform to my circumstances until they land me in a pit of despair where I want to kill myself. If I never have the drive to succeed or no one who touched me in my controlled lifestyle then I might just do it.

Self-development: ...Never ends. It leads to an awareness of the self which becomes self worth? How worth it to yourself are you?

I see core 1 as well, but with a very heavy 2 wing.
I'm seeing 1w2>3w2>6w5 So/Sp
all I know is there is lots of 1, lots of 2 and lots of 3
That might explain the Bodily/Kinesthetic intelligence in my multiple intelligence test.

...I don't think I'm a core type 1 because I'm not proactive in making my circumstances come to life. Although I can be type A I don't think that it is my first. I think what Wake is up to is factoring the development of the scorn. Am I looking for reassurance or an ego boost? I really don't know because I'm still dealing with it. I will have an answer in a few months.

One thing that gets me about the 3 is that I am a human lie detector. I can network easily. I can make a lasting impact on people and I think that if I were more developed, less suppressant of my emotions and embracing of my feelings on intimacy, I would find out whether I'm a core type 1 or 3 or 6. Maybe those are my tritype after all..

Reactions: Sina

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
I viewed his friendships as just about having people to talk to and stuff, you know friends. I viewed his drive to succeed as proving his value to himself and others. You're right though, he doesn't look to be prestigious in his image or maybe him mentioning his accomplishments were his way of advertising his successes while appearing to be the best friend possible. I do see items that are inconsistent with a 3's ways, so I am not certain of the 3 core, but 6 is possible. He seemed to be confirming a false image though. Perhaps he misunderstood what that means in a 3's perspective.

I don't believe he's a 1.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Azure, I still sense some core 1 over 6 for now. My partner, initially, didn't see himself as 1 because he felt he wasn't proactive and disciplined enough to be one. Ones can be very critical of themselves. I see you as a 1w9, not 1w2. But, I definitely see a 2 wing on the 3.

Could you talk about why you engage in social networking? What does a support system mean to you?

Which of these do you avoid most (1) failure--looking like a failure to others (2) becoming a corrupt person or not being the best version of yourself you can, ethically speaking (3) uncertainty/ambiguity and anxiety/fear ?

Please comment on your relationship with all 3.
@Paradigm and @Dark Romantic might want to weigh in sometime.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
In post #11 I just don't see a 3 and there are inconsistencies with 3-like views in #1 and #4. I don't see the ideology of a 1, or the need to be loved for his helper ways in the links of a 2. All I see are drives from learning experiences and him needing to be have close friends and be part of the group.

you're a scorned 6w? who learned he must not trust authority and make his own way for his own good, so you have a tenacious attitude towards success while keeping close to your friends for support.
I think this was the right answer which I turned away due to a mis-communication.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Azure Bass
I don't think you're core 6. you are a competency type (1, 3 and 5)
Edit: just out of curiosity, what made you think you were 8 fixed? o_O
A lack of knowledge and a pretentious upbringing is what I could blame it on. I didn't understand. Upon reading the 1 description earlier I actually laughed at myself for being so stubborn about it.

Fives tend to be sensitive; they don't feel adequately defended against the world. They tend to have permeable ego boundaries and often sense the unspoken thoughts and unexpressed feelings of those in their environments. These tend to feel invasive to Fives, who characteristically withdraw in order to protect their boundaries.
That sounds like my communication problem in a nutshell. I fear gossip undermines my relationships so I try to make sure to communicate effectively. If not then the perceptions will revolve around my reputation and shatter my character's reach before my circle of influence grows. What a nasty gossip environment college can be. Also, apathy and arrogance are both on my list of things to avoid; apathy through observation and arrogance through experience.

That's in favor of the 5.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Azure, I still sense some core 1 over 6 for now. My partner, initially, didn't see himself as 1 because he felt he wasn't proactive and disciplined enough to be one. Ones can be very critical of themselves. I see you as a 1w9, not 1w2. But, I definitely see a 2 wing on the 3.

Could you talk about why you engage in social networking? What does a support system mean to you?

Which of these do you avoid most (1) failure--looking like a failure to others (2) becoming a corrupt person or not being the best version of yourself you can, ethically speaking (3) uncertainty/ambiguity and anxiety/fear ?

Please comment on your relationship with all 3.
Paradigm and Dark Romantic might want to weigh in sometime.
Why I engage in social networking? I don't want to feel alone. I'm consistently meeting new people and I see that there's something I'm profiting from it. But others are profiting from it as well and I'm unsure why. I think I might possess something that society is lacking.

A support system is a method of achieving greatness. I think that working together in a team is the best method for me to achieve greatness no matter what I do on my own. I know that I can go alone but I don't want to be a solo act. I want to work in teams. It's something I've always valued..

(1) I'm aware that given the opportunity some others would want to drag me down with them. I mean I can't even take a picture of a rose and share it online without someone snipping it away within a week. (3) I'm aware that people want to keep me from rattling cages so that the limit can stay limited. Being corrupt is the most important to me though. Perhaps it's because of my childhood but perhaps not. (2)Being the best person I can be is important to me and I know I'm capable of it; but that I've been set back by my circumstances. A setback is a setback after all.

Reputation isn't important to me. It's important to my father.
Corruption is a fear I have for my friends for the environment we grow up in. We need inspiration.
Somewhere I read that a 1, 3 or 6 might zone out instead of feeling rejection.

Whichever type needs encouragement to embrace their feelings. That's the type I think I am. I know I may not fully understand them but I didn't fully understand INFJ either.

If I could I wouldn't help myself. I would just help others all day long. The only reason I chose to help myself was because that's the only way I can help others. I am the change I want to see in the world..And I want to see others succeed. My negatives will show themselves when my positives come to light.

Reactions: Wake and Sina

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
A lack of knowledge and a pretentious upbringing is what I could blame it on. I didn't understand. Upon reading the 1 description earlier I actually laughed at myself for being so stubborn about it.
I chuckled to myself a little when denying my 1 fix too. it's SO obvious when I look at my past, the way I cherish my integrity, the high standards I have for everything I care about and my fiery conviction.

That sounds like my communication problem in a nutshell. I fear gossip undermines my relationships so I try to make sure to communicate effectively. If not then the perceptions will revolve around my reputation and shatter my character's reach before my circle of influence grows. What a nasty gossip environment college can be. Also, apathy and arrogance are both on my list of things to avoid; apathy through observation and arrogance through experience.
- this sounds more 2w3/3w2 than it does 5
- for the record, I get more of an extrovert vibe from you. perhaps it's just the Fe (IFJs usually seem extroverted to me on forums). nonetheless, I really get the feel from this thread that you are a people person.
- that said, I could see you as 5w6 fixed

either way, I still see you as a core competency type. unless you've already made great strides to become more calm and less reactive, neurotic and anxious, you don't seem nearly reactive enough to be a 6*. hell, I don't sense an ounce of reactive tendencies in you (whether you're 1, 3 or 5 that's a compliment)

*if you have made strides in this direction though, it's worth taking into account. in my case, I didn't identify immediately with 7 because, well before learning about enneagram, I trained myself to relax physically, slow down my mind and be more present in my gut. a 6 who has learned to relax, remain calm under pressure and delay excessive mental hamster wheeling (that's a verb now LOL) would probably come across completely different and may have trouble relating to the 6 motivations/fears (6s in particular look COMPLETELY different when they have a strong connection to 9)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I chuckled to myself a little when denying my 1 fix too. it's SO obvious when I look at my past, the way I cherish my integrity, the high standards I have for everything I care about and my fiery conviction.

- this sounds more 2w3/3w2 than it does 5
- for the record, I get more of an extrovert vibe from you. perhaps it's just the Fe (IFJs usually seem extroverted to me on forums). nonetheless, I really get the feel from this thread that you are a people person.
- that said, I could see you as 5w6 fixed

either way, I still see you as a core competency type. unless you've already made great strides to become more calm and less reactive, neurotic and anxious, you don't seem nearly reactive enough to be a 6*. hell, I don't sense an ounce of reactive tendencies in you (whether you're 1, 3 or 5 that's a compliment)

*if you have made strides in this direction though, it's worth taking into account. in my case, I didn't identify immediately with 7 because, well before learning about enneagram, I trained myself to relax physically, slow down my mind and be more present in my gut. a 6 who has learned to relax, remain calm under pressure and delay excessive mental hamster wheeling (that's a verb now LOL) would probably come across completely different and may have trouble relating to the 6 motivations/fears (6s in particular look COMPLETELY different when they have a strong connection to 9)
I've definitely learned to be more proactive, confident and not act rash in stressful situations that are closed scenarios for me! I have made progress! I just don't give myself credit for it as much, I'm busy looking for more constructive criticism. That's One. Clarification as to gossip and my worries for gossip is the Three.

On the mat with grappling I am still reactive. But that's from a lack of information. I'm proactive when I am able to make educated decisions on the environments I am in. There's a lot of depth to the previous statement.

I will respond to the next posts to this thread in about 12 to 15 hours.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I have trouble being open with other people. I realized that the other day walking around campus. But I also realized that I am learning to be more open as I go along, and that eye contact frightens me because I want to choose who I want to be with and yet I see that others are open as well. I hesitate to trust others that are open as well.
I found this interesting. First, IMO, it speaks against being sx-first (I don't think you're considering it, anyway, are you?). Second... Trust = emotional openness? I can relate to you on that. Then again, I could see a 1 (among other types) say this, too. So, my questions to you are:
Do you assume others are untrustworthy? Do you test people's (friend's) trustworthiness?

One thing that gets me about the 3 is that I am a human lie detector. I can network easily. I can make a lasting impact on people and I think that if I were more developed, less suppressant of my emotions and embracing of my feelings on intimacy, I would find out whether I'm a core type 1 or 3 or 6. Maybe those are my tritype after all..
I agree with being 136 (in some order). 6s are called "BS sniffers" more than any other type... Not sure how much 3s are, tbh; I'd think 6 first, then 8.

[snip]Also, apathy and arrogance are both on my list of things to avoid; apathy through observation and arrogance through experience.
It's in opposition to the 5. If you're avoiding apathy (connection) and don't trust your mind foremost, not 5ish. Not to say, of course, that all 5s are arrogant or apathetic, but the average 5 does often come off as such to other people.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts