Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've just registered. Anyway, I always score different on online personality tests. I often score as ISFP but I'm not so sure as they say they like new trends and I don't like following trends. OK, so here are some very descriptive details about me, if you like reading a lot you're welcome lol:

I love nature and animals more than anything. I'd rather go to the park or to a picnic or lay in the grass with a loved one than go to a disco. :)

I was born in a city with pop of 1.5 million and I find it huge; I prefer smaller towns and the countryside as it's more peaceful and close to nature; I don't like big city stress. I was at my happiest when I was a kid and I never went too far away from my block and never used public transport.

I generally prefer ignoring strangers and I'm very shy, but I hate loneliness and I want to have a lot of friends. I'd love having more than 15 friends, but I have very few. I also get bored with people easily. I've never been a social butterfly, but I was better at social skills and then I got shy in high school. Nowadays I don't even know how to start a convo, yet when I was a kid I found it easy and made new friends easy. Yet, I crave some company. When I was a kid I always had at least one friend by my side when going somewhere. Now I have to go to work alone and that's a painful experience.

I prefer TV/movies/music videos to music/mp3/radio. I guess I like visuals because I also don't like reading text and books that have no photos or pictures, that's why I prefer magazines and even old textbooks from school to books.

I don't like following news, current events, and politics; I don't like following celebrities either.
I used to like computers, but I no longer care about them and I dislike the Internet. I plan on removing my Internet access at home. I get fed up with tech pretty fast, I fancy a cool new smartphone only to be fed up with it the next week.

I think the less I know about a subject or an object, the more interesting it seems. Once the mystery is gone I no longer like it. E.g. years ago when I knew cars by makes but couldn't identify the exact models and classes, I used to fancy them more. Nowadays I know like all models out there and the years of production of their generations and... I'm completely fed up with cars and no longer buy car magazines or read automotive news. I'm like that with almost everything -- I used to like some singers/bands more before reading stuff about them and busting the mystery.

I generally think I have child-like feeling/sensing and adult thinking that makes me enjoy the clear sky while complaining about people. I miss the way I was thinking as a kid when I used to think positive and I'd do anything to go back to the way I viewed the world back then. In fact as a kid I let all bad vibes and energy go past me and didn't let myself bother. :tongue:
I don't know what profession I want to do as many of them require you to sit all day in front of a computer monitor and I find that boring, lonely and I feel like a drone or something. I think walking around the town all day like postmen do is fun but the pay sucks and besides in a big city I'd require driving and I get tired from sitting on the car seat all day.

So if you're not tired from reading, please provide some input. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Wow.. you're exploding with P.
Following trends is just something that is common among ISFPs because of the aux Se. You don't have to agree with this particular point, your Se shows in a lot of other ways.

You might be ISFP. I know I'm not helpful but there's info here mostly on one area. You can wait for others to respond, I can ask you some guiding questions if you want, or you can fill one of the stickied questionnaires on this sub-forum.
For now I can say that you do sound like an SP.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your reply! I decided to answer the questionnaire:

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I'm 25 and male. I think I have social anxiety that started as shyness. I even have some panic attacks. I've got thyroid problems (hypothyroid) and I have been depressed since high school because I'm painfully shy, yet I crave attention and I want to belong and relate to people. I miss my talk-for-hours-with-friends-on-the-phone days. I was much more talkative as a kid and made friends more easily than now.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
?SFP, but I've also scored differently.

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here, and write your impression of each of them.
This: flickr.com/photos/dougbrown47/9919467445/in/explore-2013-09-24 and this: flickr.com/photos/rglinsky/9758698376/
I chose them because I love nature. I'd rather live in a smaller town near the nature than a big city. I guess the perfect town for me would be with a population of more than 5,000 (preferably about 10,000 to 200,000). Anything smaller is boring and too quiet, while larger cities are too disconnected from nature. Too many vehicles, too much pollution and fewer trees. I prefer the friendliness in smaller towns where people say 'Hi' to each other even if they don't know each other. Big cities have too many people, but they're colder. I don't like 'closed' spaces -- although I like parks and forests, I prefer the open lands and fields. That's why my perfect town is something not too close to a mountain. Anyway, while I like watching the scenery by myself, I'd get bored after less than 5 minutes and I'd much rather share it with friends or my gf.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?
I'll try to change the topic to small talk or something, in order for me to distract myself from what I'm doing.

5a. What are some of your most important values?
Friendship, family, positivism, the need to be accepted, to belong. I like people that are both friendly and easy-going, I don't like angry people, people that always complain and control freaks. I don't like cynics.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
I don't think so.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?
It depends on how close they're to me. If they are friends or close relatives I'd say that I disagree and they shouldn't talk like that. If they're distant relatives or people I don't know very well I'd either ignore them or I'll say "Stop the car!" and I'll walk. I'd do the same if it's something I have strong beliefs about. It's not like I know how I'll react, it depends on the time, on the people and on my mood.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?
Apart from sleeping and going for a walk, I love visiting good friends and having a hug with my girlfriend.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

I really dread having to follow orders, and I hate sitting all day in an office. I don't like communicating with people that always complain or ones that like putting other people down. I don't like that they get their energy by making others feel bad. I generally find online communication too isolating, I need physical contact with people.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)
I don't know how introverted or extroverted I am. I mean I don't like huge crowds, but I don't like being alone either. I'd rather have a friend or a girlfriend next to me when I go for a walk. Going outside alone is so boring as I have no one to talk to. I'd love having a lot of friends and I'd love to go everywhere with at least 1 or 2 people next to me. I dread loneliness and 95% of the time I feel lonely when alone. In school I always talked to my buddies in class and once a teacher put a tape on my mouth. :) I am still a loud mouth but only at home. When I felt bored I dialed random numbers so that I can talk to someone. I also talked for hours with my buddies. I would always put shows to impress adults, like a performer. I liked everyone and I didn't let negative things get to me. In high school I became shy which made me lacking in the social department. My need to belong, to communicate, and relate to others coupled with my shyness made me constantly depressed. I would never get exhausted from interacting with loads of friends, provided they're the easy-going kind. I get exhausted from interacting with cynical, bossy, negative people, people that get their energy from putting others down.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?
My greatest strengths are that I'm willing to give all my love to a loved one and all my friendship to anyone. I'm loyal to my friends like a dog would be, but they often take advantage of that. That made some people take advantage of me in the past, but I guess that's their problem. I'm too unstable in my hobbies and interests. The less I know about a subject/object, the more I like it and find it interesting. I lose my interest in things when I go too deep, e.g. I no longer care about cars ever since I know all the models and generations.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
Recently I started to get nervous very easily. I start feeling dizzy and sometimes my blood pressure jumps. I feel like losing it sometimes and I panic. That's the result of my loneliness, caused by my shyness that's an obstacle to my need to belong and talk to others.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?
When someone makes fun of me or somebody else like not as a joke but in a cruel way. I don't like lies and people that try to take advantage of others. I don't like 'friends' that wouldn't talk to me when I call them, 'friends' that slip away and start ignoring me.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
I have the need to belong, I want to have a lot of friends that are easy-going. I'd love to have loads of close friends so that I can never be alone ever again!

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?
I hate criticism when it's not asked for, yet I often start criticizing others. I try not to anymore however. I don't like mean-spirited criticism; I like moderate one.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

My dreams include a nice house in a smaller town, close to the nature, but not in the middle of nowhere, a wife and two kids, a dog and a cat. A job that makes me feel appreciated and involves nature in some way or another, not the 9-to-5 office job in front of a monitor. I'd also like to have more than 10 friends and of those at least 5 very close ones. The more friends, the better! I hope that one day I'll be able to just enjoy life like I did as a kid instead of over-analyzing. I never analyzed anything, never questioned life or people's intentions, even when they were trying to make me feel like crap I just smiled and smiled and didn't bother. And I was way happier. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
=/
You make yourself sound very extroverted but I could totally see you as ISFP.
I'm not sure. I like retreating from crowds BUT with a friend or two by my side, drinking together or/and staying in some park watching the clouds or girls passing by and talking. Even if we don't talk a lot it's nice knowing I have someone by my side. 'Alone time' exhausts me and makes me anxious. I don't like reading books alone. I'd much rather read with someone else. I also don't enjoy writing poetry because it's a solitary activity. I'd much rather write something with a friend so that we can discuss ideas how to make it better. I even feel lonely when I'm at the bathroom lol. I don't like web access at home, I'd much rather go to a web cafe/library because there are other people. I feel isolated and like no one needs me, I want to have a lot of nice people around me that like me and talk to me. I go nuts when I'm all by myself. If I had a lot of friends I wouldn't have to go alone to work/to the shop, etc. I would definitely call someone close to invite them to join me for a walk to the shop. Yet I avoid extroverts because they have everything I had/want to have again and I'm envious. But introverts are so unfriendly, they never called for weeks and I had to call them to remind them I exist. I hate being ignored/unnoticed. I don't think a true introvert would mind solitude as much as me. I don't wanna sound weir but I feel like those puppies that like to please people and want to get their attention and affection. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
the part about you saying you prefer ignoring people, you're shy, but you want more than 15 friends. Thats sounds very extrovertish. You can be a shy extrovert its possible

Anyways.....

a lot of the point you mention sounds like a sensor. Wait for others respond. Im no pro

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the things people like to talk about says a lot about their type. That's why I'm not sure I'm really introverted. I mean, I do have social anxiety and I'm painfully shy. Yet I prefer non-deep, light conversations (yep, even small talk) to the more serious, deeper discussions which is closer to some of the E types.

I regard conversations as a way to connect to people, to share energy and good vibes with them, not as a way to delve into the subjects discussed if that makes sense. That's why I get annoyed by people that keep on asking questions about something as I'm already talking about something else. I tend to change topics fast as I get bored. I also prefer talking about other people (ones I know rather than celebrities) and obvious/material things (Look, what a cute car/girl/whatever!) than about more abstract things, ideas, current events on the news, politics, etc. I am more people- and now-oriented I guess.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you get anxious when you're alone all the time, then you're probably an extrovert. Hahaha.

And you don't have to follow the trends if you're an ISFP (or an ESFP). My sister is an ISFP and all she does is watch TV and draw. XD

You strike me more as an ISFP than an ESFP.

Here's ISFPs and ESFPs compared:
ISFP vs. ESFP | Prelude Character Analysis

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You strike me more as an ISFP than an ESFP.
What makes you think that? I don't like doing anything alone. Even going to the toilet/taking a bath often makes me feel lonely. I want to have a gf so I won't have to take a bath alone. :tongue: Yep, I want to always have someone by mys side. 1-to-3 people with me = my ideal 'alone' time; a gathering/party/whatever of 4 and more friends = my favorite way of having fun. Sometimes I even prefer the negativity some people make me feel for short amounts of time instead of the boredom and sadness I feel when alone. However, I prefer the cool, positive, and nice ones for prolong periods. Wish I had a big house in the country with no neighbors nearby so that I can throw parties with guests without bothering the neighbors. If I had a big house with a nice saloon I'd trow parties every week. I don't like music that's too loud, but I like parties with a lot of people and moderate levels of background music. I'd also love candlelight suppers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What makes you think that?
Yeah. I don't know why I said ISFP before. I said you seemed more like an extrovert at the beginning of my post and then at the end I said ISFP... I don't know. Hahaha. XD I think I was suffering from lack of sleep or something. Sorry. XD I was contradicting myself. Hahaha.

I'd definitely say you're an ESFP, then. You obviously get your energy from being around people than from being alone. Ahh. Sorry again. XD

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sorry about sounding a bit aggressive, it was not my intend to sound rude. One more thing - would an extrovert prefer being alone (however boring and dull that sounds) to people that he has little common with, e.g. boring distant relatives you don't get on well with, emotional vampires that make you depressed, etc? For some reason I have a lot of people like that in my life and I guess they led me to my depression and social anxiety. Probably I would never become depressed if all the people around me were the cool, easy-going, positive types. For some reason a lot of people around me are either reserved introverts that one day are talkative but the next day they behave distant and the other ones, the extroverts are the bossy/bullying type. I guess I'm a magnet for such people and i should try harder to repel them and attract the nice ones.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, so here are my results from the quiz:

Based on your answers, your personality type is most likely: ESFP

Your Preferences:
Introversion (I): |||||||| 32%
Extroversion (E): ||||||||||||||||| 68%

Intuition (N): |||||| 24%
Sensation (S): ||||||||||||||||||| 76%

Thinking (T): ||||||||| 37.04%
Feeling (F): |||||||||||||||| 62.96%

Judging (J): |||||| 22.58%
Perceiving (P): ||||||||||||||||||| 77.42%

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
One more thing - would an extrovert prefer being alone (however boring and dull that sounds) to people that he has little common with, e.g. boring distant relatives you don't get on well with, emotional vampires that make you depressed, etc? For some reason I have a lot of people like that in my life and I guess they led me to my depression and social anxiety. Probably I would never become depressed if all the people around me were the cool, easy-going, positive types. For some reason a lot of people around me are either reserved introverts that one day are talkative but the next day they behave distant and the other ones, the extroverts are the bossy/bullying type. I guess I'm a magnet for such people and i should try harder to repel them and attract the nice ones.
I don't think anyone really wants to be around that kind of people. You are definitely an extrovert. And congrats on fiding your type (at least I think you did), I wish I was so lucky.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm sorry about sounding a bit aggressive, it was not my intend to sound rude.
You didn't come off as rude at all. I just say sorry a lot. Hahaha. :p

I don't think anyone really wants to be around that kind of people. You are definitely an extrovert.
^I agree.

OK, so here are my results from the quiz:

Based on your answers, your personality type is most likely: ESFP

Your Preferences:
Introversion (I): |||||||| 32%
Extroversion (E): ||||||||||||||||| 68%

Intuition (N): |||||| 24%
Sensation (S): ||||||||||||||||||| 76%

Thinking (T): ||||||||| 37.04%
Feeling (F): |||||||||||||||| 62.96%

Judging (J): |||||| 22.58%
Perceiving (P): ||||||||||||||||||| 77.42%
I don't trust quizzes, but they can be helpful when starting out sometimes. But, yeah, I would definitely say ESFP. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts