Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have taken various tests. Some say ENFP, some say INFP. Others say ISFP. Then I get ENFJ or ESJF / ISFJ. Now I got INTP (low percentages). Wtf???

I just took another test and it said:

Your Preferences:
Introversion (I): ||||||||||||| 53.13%
Extroversion (E): |||||||||||| 46.88%

Intuition (N): |||||||||||| 48.39%
Sensation (S): ||||||||||||| 51.61%

Thinking (T): ||||||||| 37.5%
Feeling (F): |||||||||||||||| 62.5%

Judging (J): |||| 16.67%
Perceiving (P): ||||||||||||||||||||| 83.33%

ISFP

I also took a 'Multiple intelligences' test and I got Interpersonal and Intrapersonal equally (both 55%)

I'm not much of an expert on these sorts of things, so if anyone could help me out, I would be grateful. Before I say anything more, I know that my enneagram type is 5 with a 4 wing (if that helps). :)

- I prefer careful planning when it comes to activities (I dislike things which happen at the spur-of-the-moment) but only if others plan it (sounds bad but I have no patience for planning, nor am i good at it). Although my friends have complained that i can also be very impulsive (shows up randomly, asks them to go out at random times etc).

- I'm almost always late (not sure if that's appropriate considering I have concentration problems but it's still a quality, I guess)

- I have very poor organization (")

- I consider myself to be a 'feeling' person; I usually rely on my feelings to make decisions. However, I also try to rationalize it too.

- I'm not sure as to whether I'm an introvert or an extrovert. I can be very outgoing with people I know well (I suppose that can be true with everyone). If I'm with people my age and am in similar surroundings, I feel more comfortable and thus will be more 'open'. However, I can also be very shy and withdrawn.

- I enjoy being with friends and having fun but I also like time to myself. Although I love my friends, I could also spend a long time apart from them.

- I don't 'like' people often. If I do, it can be very brief or last a very long time. I don't consider myself to be a romantic person (I dislike hugs etc) but I can be very thoughtful and enjoy making people feel loved / appreciated.

- I love to learn. I don't like fictional books but I could easily read non-fiction books. I particularly love philosophy. In general, I just like to think and enjoy 'deep conversations'.

- I enjoy helping others. I like to give advice and know that I have improved someone's life in some way. In fact, one of my possible careers is to become a counsellor.

- I don't really consider myself to be very impulsive; if I'm going to do something, I think about it a lot. I also think about consequences a lot too. I have a tendency to worry if I don't know as much as possible about something. However, I can sometimes be impulsive when around people I know (saying and doing impulsive things) but that could be because I'm much more relaxed?

- I'm not much of a party person; I need to be in the right mood and with the right people. However, if I am in the right mood and with the right people, I can be quite 'extroverted'. Usually I take a while to 'warm up' to strangers or people I don't know very well but I often try to be as open and as friendly as possible, although I do get a bit nervous about it.

- I'm often 'indifferent' about things but I feel a relentless need to fight / protect / defend for those who cannot fight / protect / defend for themselves. I suppose you could call them the 'underdogs' of society.

- I have a need to question everything and anything. Sometimes I'm described as 'contrary', lmao.

- I would rather do projects on my own than in a group. Not because I don't want to be with people but because I like to do things my way. :)

- I hate criticism. If someone even slightly criticises me, I cry. Can't help it. I get so emotional over it, lol.

- I am sometimes described as 'serious', which I can be, but to my friends, I can be very silly (I have a sense of humour!)

- I rarely get mad with / at people and if I do, I forgive and forget very easily. If someone or something makes me mad, though, I get very mad. However, I always apologise if I do something wrong.

- I am very impatient. I hate waiting for things. I want what I want and I want it now.

- I'm a perfectionist in my work and in my appearance. However, I often procrastinate when it comes to actually working.

I can't think of anything else and I think I've probably written too much :p

I did this question 'thing' (for lack of a better word), so just in case it may be helpful, I've decided to post it:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Well, I wasn't entirely sure whether I was an extrovert or an introvert - and neither were the various tests which I took. I also wasn't sure whether I was entirely a 'feeling' and/or 'perceiving' person.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Various things. A personal ambition of mine is to help others. As previously mentioned, I love to know that I've made a positive impact in someone else's life. One of my career options is to become a counsellor. I also yearn for a certain closeness with people. I like people and I like to be liked. If someone dislikes me, saying "I don't care" would be a lie. I'm not entirely one for popularity but it's important that people at least like me in some way or another.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I'm always at my 'finest' when I'm with my closest friends. When I'm with my friends, I feel the most positive. The reason why I feel that way is probably because I just enjoy their company and I know that they like me for me, just as I like them for them.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I often feel inferior without being put in certain situations or with certain people. But if I'm meeting new people or put in new situations, I feel inferior. I feel sort of 'incapable' of making a good impression or a positive impact. When I have to do group tasks with people I do not know well, I also feel inferior. Because their standards and the way they like to work is different, it's a real struggle for me. That's most likely why I tend to work alone. I like people but when it comes to work, I like to do it my way. Also, I can then aim to and please my own standards - not anyone else's.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Before I make decisions, I think about it - a lot. People, pros and cons, how I feel about it, EVERYTHING. I'm a real worrier and if I can't assess everything, I would rather not do it at all.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

If it's my own personal project, I just do things my way and I like it to be like that and to remain like that. However, in group projects, I struggle. Usually, I assign myself a task and do it on my own and only incorporate it into the actual project once I'm done. I like to maintain control over the project, so that's mainly why I like working on my own.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I always have fun with my friends. We all have a similar sense of humour. We can be very silly and immature but at the same time, we can have discussions too. I have no single memory of the 'best' time; we just do have good times.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I love to learn but it's usually from reading, writing or listening. I can be creative but it tends to bore me. I want everything here and now and I feel like the creative process takes too long. I used to love drawing, painting and creating things when I was younger and even took art and design in highschool. However, I disliked being told what to draw/paint/create etc and believed (and still do) that art can only be judged subjectively. In general, I dislike being told what to do. With reading, writing or listening (as long as the topic is interesting), I can learn as much as possible.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I am probably the most disorganized person you could ever meet.

10) How do you judge new ideas? Do you try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both. I tend to look at things from all angles, otherwise, how are we meant to truly understand it?

11) Do you find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Both. I like to know that other people are 'doing fine' but I try to make sure that I'm doing my own thing.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking?

In known social situations, I tend to speak before thinking (eeek) but in new social situations, I definitely think before I speak (if I speak that much at all, lol). When it comes to discussions, I definitely think before I speak. There's nothing worse [to me] than someone who throws out whatever comes to mind when having a discussion on a serious topic which requires thought and logic.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping?

I like to know as much as possible about something before I make a decision.

13b) Do action speaks more than words?

Absolutely. It's not enough, in my opinion, for someone to just say something (saying something does not make it true). If you're going to do something, do it. If you're speaking about a certain quality of yourself, don't just talk about it - show it (as long as it's not a bad one).

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I'm not really into nights out. I have to be in the right mood and with the right people. If so, I'm probably okay with it. However, if they suddenly call on the spur-of-the-moment, I would dislike it. Knowing me, I would probably stay in. That, or invite them to watch it with me!

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Depends on what is 'stressing me out'. Lack of routine and short notice stresses me out. When that happens, I tend to get frustrated and thus angry. If I'm feeling stressed over work or friends etc, I tend to withdraw. I like to talk things out but I can hold back too. I tend to think a lot when I'm stressed about the situation, how I can resolve it etc.

16) How do you form opinions/judge other people, what about personalities of others, do you tend to value and what do you dislike?

I tend not to judge people before I get to know them. Even then, you should try not to judge other people. I form opinions on people based on their actions. I value someone who is loyal, trustworthy and dedicated to their work. I am not really that dedicated to work if I'm honest but I find it an admirable quality in others. I dislike liars and those who are 'two faced'. I am usually very honest (sometimes a bit too honest) and I say what I mean and I mean what I say. If I like you, you'll know about it. If I don't like you, you'll know about it. There's absolutely no need to lie (excluding tiny ones which everyone does occasionally) or be two faced (Got something to say? Say it to their face or don't say it at all) I also hate people who dramatise everything and change their opinion/s as much as the weather changes (particularly if it's too often guided by others or it changes just to impress others / just to agree to make friends). To me, it just comes across as fake and fickle. I also dislike others who seem to think they're the best at everything. I admire and enjoy other people's talents but there is no need for them to be (or become) arrogant about it. Also, if someone didn't do as well as you in something, there is no need to make a deal out of it. If anything, you should say 'Well done' to the person and encourage them to do better. I cannot stand people who get a rise out of being boastful, particularly boasting aimed to make themselves seem superior to others. - _ -

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I love having 'deep' conversations with people, particularly about religion or philosophy. It can even be just a conversation on general topics. I like to get my opinion across but I also like to listen to other people's opinion/s too (as long as it's not without a basis).

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

Not entirely sure.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

My friends often say I'm silly and a little bit 'impulsive' (only because of things which I sometimes say/do around them but that's only because I'm comfortable). They would also say I'm very disorganized (which is definitely true). I sometimes dislike it when they say I'm silly as if I'm always silly. There is a silly, immature side to me but they mostly bring it out of me and I suppose it's because I'm happy to be in their company. It can be a problem when I want to discuss something with them and all they want to do is continue the silliness.

My friends would probably never say I'm unforgiving or that I hold grudges; it's just not my thing. They would also never say that I don't give everyone a chance. I would hope that they would never call me mean either, lol.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Just like every other day - nothing. :p
But if I had it my way, I would probably go shopping with my friends and laugh all day :)

Sorry for writing so much :O

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think you use se a lot. and how you want to do things your own way whenever you want to, reminds me of an isfp

look at this, btw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts