Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the fear of being overly-logical, and really try to tone down my logicality unless somebody is going to do something, or says something stupid.

I am stubborn as hell, and have had people tell me I'm stupid, and others tell me I am very brilliant.

I constantly have moments of achievement, but then I purposely put myself down, in a way to make myself be humble, or to think through things more before I come to conclusions, or to just keep achieving more.

I went through a really dark time in my life when I only wanted to focus on myself, and not care for anyone else. A lot of those days went by in dark blurs, and I cut myself off from pretty much everyone.

I am asking now simply because I can see through all the personality tests, and how they will influence the outcome of what you will get, and can now purposely test anything I want to, but in the past I have tested as:
INTP, INFP, INTJ, INFJ. My very first test I ever took came out as INTP. So....obviously an intuitive lol.

If this is still not enough information:

As a child I focused mainly on my imagination, and used this greatly with friends. Growing out of this, I always felt like I was drifting around with my friends in high school.

I then grew out of my book-reading phase quickly, and into a more video game and board game phase which I still do today.

My thinking feels really slow and once a new idea is resolved, more show up, and it almost seems to never end. Whenever I resolve some of my eternal debates, my mind goes really fuzzy, it's almost like getting high, it feels really good, and I just sit back and relish in the moment, only to go back to thinking again.

I get really annoyed when people underestimate me, and categorize me into the close-minded extroverted world we live in. I also get annoyed when people don't listen to me, and then literally the thing I suggested ends up happening. I never say I told you so, but I just kind of laugh on the inside.

I always find clever ways to end small talk, or steer it in a direction of a conversation I can learn from, which quickly bores most people who want to vent or small talk, leaving them frustrated, which is fine with me.

I do have a really weird chameleon effect with people that shows up a lot. I will say things that have great meaning to the other person, not knowing it does, and they will be like "OH! I didn't know you LIKE _____", and I awkwardly respond that I had no idea that was a thing, it just sort of blurted out.

I randomly have weird cravings to buy certain foods, and when I go to buy them, they end up being on crazy sales, and I can buy a lot of it.

I feel like this would be really boring for someone to read through, and have rewritten it three times now.

Randomly people approach me for the strangest things, and they will try to connect with me because they think I am going through the same thing, when I am not. Like my boss got braces and a retainer, and he came up to me and asked how I wore my braces, which I tried to explain it was not as bad as his situation, and I awkwardly tried to give him suggestions.

I randomly get really strange and unsettling feelings, that if I dive into, can leave me in a huge mess that I will either figure out what it was, or give up on it.

And I think that is the most helpful I can be, and anyone who reads all of this is a real trooper, and I am really trying to be unbiased as possible....

I lean towards open minded and would love to be told I am an INFJ, mostly for the facts that it is the most rare and Oprah Winfrey is one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You seem to give of an INTP/J vibe.

Anyway,you might also be an INFJ as others typed you.It seems that you are pretty well read on the personality traits of an INFJ,so.. does the description match you?What made you doubt your type?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The doubting only comes from the fact that I tend to cry every once and a while during movies. But other than that I do have strong INTP background.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You're probably an INTP, I think…struggling with being overly logical doesn't seem like much of an INFJ nor just an F thing in general unless you're compensating for it by actually turning F. Does uncertainty bother you? Do you need to plan things ahead of time? Do you seek closure? Are you drawn more to unambiguous things?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I am in a very weird position right now where I want to be able to know a lot of things, and why they are and how they work. I went through about 2 years of a really strange mental state, and after it, I started testing more on the feeler side. Also, both my parents are empathic, so that could account for wanting to understand. They both tested as feelers, and have said they are empathic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts