Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

No.

2.) What kind of person are you and why?

I don’t really know Lol. I’m quiet, thoughtful, often relishing in philosophy, astrology, typology, mysticism, and the arts. I feel as though much of my shyness is a result of being treated unwell by people in my teenage years..I have a fear of cowardice in myself and often attempt to counter it by becoming more self assertive... I place intelligence and wisdom eminently in terms of character... reading and watching up on just about everything. I’d hate to think of myself and be thought of

3.) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?

I may be a tad more thoughtful than most people, I consider deeply both in thought and feeling, just what is happening to me and others, this sometimes frightens me if I become far to vulnerable. but often I’m a good enthusiast of laughter and good times never missing the opportunity for a good intellectual discussion.

4.) Do you think there are any differences between how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

I’m not sure how people actually perceive me, other than that some people believe that I’m smart...I’m never to sure about that though As there’s always a fantasy about being smarter.

5.) How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

Often with With good humor and a smile, while thinking about everything I see and hear/observe.... I recently saw an old friend at his new job and there were friends of his there that I didn’t know, so I basically gave them all love, but I was a tad paranoid that I’d have to fight one of them

6.) How do you judge new ideas? What tends to weigh on your decisions?

I take on ideas by comparing them to other information I have, then letting it settle and assimilate subconsciously so that I have an intuitively based extrapolation that I can reason out and maybe do a creative project with, the more creative and “left field” the idea, the more Interested I am in it as I enjoy playing with creative ideas that take me to a peak experience ... a sort of spiritual peak!

7.) Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

I’m a stickler for order, I cannot abide by chaos in the slightest I need things planned, thought out and neat in my thoughts, though not with my things...

8.) What activities energize you most? Describe what an enjoyable situation is for you.

being wiTh somebody I love, discovering new music or concepts to play around with and enjoy, a good talk about anything but politics lol..

9.) What activities drain you most? Describe what a stressful situation is for you.

being crowded around people I don’t know, losing a relationship that was dear to me, feeling very stupid or incompetent in a conversation, sitting alone with nothing to do...

10.) You are given a reasonable budget and must buy and prepare a Holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) dinner. What are you thinking? What do you buy? What do you do?

I’d be Thinking, “I’m going to screw this up” while trying hard to get it all together, I’d probably go and take my friends out to eat at a restaurant that We’ve all decided on together.

11.) Someone talks to you about an intellectually complicated subject with which you are familiar. Are you more likely to crystallize and reduce the ideas, or would you want to take a tangential approach? If you have an example, feel free to give it.

It depends on the subject, mostly I sit and listen quietly, but then if something catches my interest I’m likely to reason the subject out while comparing it with other subjects that make the subject more Interesting And deepened...

12.) Do you find yourself to be obsessive about topics? Do you continually divine value from something you already understand or do you move on once you feel you have a fair enough understanding?

I’m always revisiting my favorite topics so that I have at least a good amount of info and insight about the subject, I tend to scatter my topics a lot as one thing that interests me may give way to another topic that I’ve never seen or heard about and i fall into that...

13.) What do you like about traveling and what would you do if you could travel anywhere?

I don’t travel much because of a lack of funds, but I’d travel to the East and study ancient religions and myths if I could, I’m a huge fan of Joseph campbell...

14.) What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I’d like to be a successful artist...basically a writer and director, I feel as though I can create things that have never been seen before or thought of...

15.) What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why?

I think I’m an isfp because I’m not a very ethics oriented person, I’m not moved by causes and they frighten me as I don’t know what I could offer to make it better, I’m pretty introverted except with people I love...the type that appeals to me most is ENTJ because of their leadership skills and scientific/organizational brilliance, I’m also a 6w5 on the enneagram.

·
Registered
INTJ
375 Posts
It seems like you are guiding for INFJ throughout and then you guess ISFP because you aren't moved by causes? That doesn't even make sense.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems like you are guiding for INFJ throughout and then you guess ISFP because you aren't moved by causes? That doesn't even make sense.
not guiding for infj in fact I wasn’t expecting anyone to even mention infj

what I meant by causes is that most nfs seem to be moved by a cause, and I’m not particularly interested in causes so nf was out for me, I should’ve elaborated on that.
I guess isfp because I feel as though I’m a feeling sp But not an extrovert.

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
1,639 Posts
2.) What kind of person are you and why?

I don’t really know Lol. I’m quiet, thoughtful, often relishing in philosophy, astrology, typology, mysticism, and the arts. I feel as though much of my shyness is a result of being treated unwell by people in my teenage years..I have a fear of cowardice in myself and often attempt to counter it by becoming more self assertive... I place intelligence and wisdom eminently in terms of character... reading and watching up on just about everything. I’d hate to think of myself and be thought of
So are you shy or not? What do you even mean by the word "shy" when you use it to describe yourself? Why do you place intelligence and wisdom eminently in terms of character? Is there value with the person who acts foolishly but is earnest and good-natured?

3.) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?

I may be a tad more thoughtful than most people, I consider deeply both in thought and feeling, just what is happening to me and others, this sometimes frightens me if I become far to vulnerable. but often I’m a good enthusiast of laughter and good times never missing the opportunity for a good intellectual discussion.
And these intellectual discussions... how do they go? If that question is too broad, how did your last one go? If you attempt to have a good intellectual discussion with most people, how do they respond?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So are you shy or not? What do you even mean by the word "shy" when you use it to describe yourself? Why do you place intelligence and wisdom eminently in terms of character? Is there value with the person who acts foolishly but is earnest and good-natured?

And these intellectual discussions... how do they go? If that question is too broad, how did your last one go? If you attempt to have a good intellectual discussion with most people, how do they respond?
well by shy I mean that I often remain very quiet and receptive in my interactions with others rather than open and assertive, I have an insecurity about my ability to speak well that contributes heftily to this as well...

I’m not entirely sure why I see both wisdom and intelligence as the most important things in shaping character, I know that being stupid when you’ve the ability to nurture brilliance in yourself is one of the worst crimes I can think of...for anyone.

I usually fail in my attempt to have a good intellectual discussion because I find that many people just aren’t interested, if I do cone around to one I ask a lot of questions if the persons thoughts on a variety of questions (life, values, Theism/ atheism etc) I bring to bear in the conversation what Ive read and what ive thought about it and I particularly enjoy speaking to others who know more about a subject than I do so that I can learn more from them...I find that that is the most enjoyable way of learning.

most people of unlike mind respond by just remaining quiet or changing the subject...

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 sp/sx
75 Posts
As I was reading through your responses I thought I could look also at how you answered, and so by the end of the questions what I was thinking was that you were an ISFP. Was surprised that you also mentioned you thought you might be an ISFP as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I was reading through your responses I thought I could look also at how you answered, and so by the end of the questions what I was thinking was that you were an ISFP. Was surprised that you also mentioned you thought you might be an ISFP as well.
Thanks for your input, I wonder what makes you think isfp?

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
1,639 Posts
well by shy I mean that I often remain very quiet and receptive in my interactions with others rather than open and assertive, I have an insecurity about my ability to speak well that contributes heftily to this as well...

I’m not entirely sure why I see both wisdom and intelligence as the most important things in shaping character, I know that being stupid when you’ve the ability to nurture brilliance in yourself is one of the worst crimes I can think of...for anyone.

I usually fail in my attempt to have a good intellectual discussion because I find that many people just aren’t interested, if I do cone around to one I ask a lot of questions if the persons thoughts on a variety of questions (life, values, Theism/ atheism etc) I bring to bear in the conversation what Ive read and what ive thought about it and I particularly enjoy speaking to others who know more about a subject than I do so that I can learn more from them...I find that that is the most enjoyable way of learning.

most people of unlike mind respond by just remaining quiet or changing the subject...
I guess you could say that I'm not really sure that you're an ISFP, possibly because you're not really sure when you answer? but that was the end impression that I got of you. Try looking around the ISFP/INFJ subforums? Might give you a hint.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 sp/sx
75 Posts
Well I felt a bit confident that you were an 'I' and an 'F' based on how you described your personality, interests, and goals. Though, of course, I could be wrong. Other than that, the N/S and J/P were a bit harder to decipher at first. Then, I read your responses to:

# 2 -- fearing cowardice. You said that this causes you to counter it by being more self-assertive. I sort of feel like this is an ISFP-kinda thing to do, as they often like to show that they know just who they are.

# 5 -- when you said that you think about everything you see, hear, and observe in new and unfamiliar situations, it just made me think ISFP because they tend to be very observant and pay close attention to details in people's words.

# 6 -- you claimed you take on ideas by comparing them to other info you have already. ISFPs speak on the basis of experience oftentimes. You also said you are deeply interested in ideas that are very "left-field", because you like to feel a peak experience in doing so. Spiritual or otherwise, I just feel it's something very ISFP-oriented to want to truly, deeply experience something.

# 12 -- mentioned you tend to scatter topics a lot. Very perceiver-like.

# 14 -- your goals sound very ISFP-oriented, especially in the way you mentioned that you are wanting to create unique things that have never been seen or thought of before.

In the last part, though, you'd said that you were not very moved by causes which somewhat confused me as I've read and seen that ISFPs tend to be moved by causes even if not certain of how to better them... Of course, every individual is very complex so it could just be a 'you' thing and not related to MBTI. I'd have explained via cognitive functions but truthfully, I am still in the process of learning about them in an in-depth way so while I also took them into consideration, I only explained myself based off my understandings of the 16 types for this post.

I want to ask you, do you feel you're very confident in who you are--interests-wise and whatnot? Do you really value seeking out that same authenticity in other people?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I felt a bit confident that you were an 'I' and an 'F' based on how you described your personality, interests, and goals. Though, of course, I could be wrong. Other than that, the N/S and J/P were a bit harder to decipher at first. Then, I read your responses to:

# 2 -- fearing cowardice. You said that this causes you to counter it by being more self-assertive. I sort of feel like this is an ISFP-kinda thing to do, as they often like to show that they know just who they are.

# 5 -- when you said that you think about everything you see, hear, and observe in new and unfamiliar situations, it just made me think ISFP because they tend to be very observant and pay close attention to details in people's words.

# 6 -- you claimed you take on ideas by comparing them to other info you have already. ISFPs speak on the basis of experience oftentimes. You also said you are deeply interested in ideas that are very "left-field", because you like to feel a peak experience in doing so. Spiritual or otherwise, I just feel it's something very ISFP-oriented to want to truly, deeply experience something.

# 12 -- mentioned you tend to scatter topics a lot. Very perceiver-like.

# 14 -- your goals sound very ISFP-oriented, especially in the way you mentioned that you are wanting to create unique things that have never been seen or thought of before.

In the last part, though, you'd said that you were not very moved by causes which somewhat confused me as I've read and seen that ISFPs tend to be moved by causes even if not certain of how to better them... Of course, every individual is very complex so it could just be a 'you' thing and not related to MBTI. I'd have explained via cognitive functions but truthfully, I am still in the process of learning about them in an in-depth way so while I also took them into consideration, I only explained myself based off my understandings of the 16 types for this post.

I want to ask you, do you feel you're very confident in who you are--interests-wise and whatnot? Do you really value seeking out that same authenticity in other people?
thanks for the reply!

I’m not sure I feel confident in who I am and my interests. as I’ve my doubts about my ability to do things well, which even include my interests.which is why I’m so intensely engaged in what I happen to find interesting, could be reading, writing, a person, etc.

Do I seek a certain authenticity in others?, absolutely. I like transparency in people ,when they’re upfront and honest, even if it hurts. I also like a certain level of dedication and intensity in others when they have interests also, it shows that they’ve got character and backbone.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 sp/sx
75 Posts
thanks for the reply!

I’m not sure I feel confident in who I am and my interests. as I’ve my doubts about my ability to do things well, which even include my interests.which is why I’m so intensely engaged in what I happen to find interesting, could be reading, writing, a person, etc.

Do I seek a certain authenticity in others?, absolutely. I like transparency in people ,when they’re upfront and honest, even if it hurts. I also like a certain level of dedication and intensity in others when they have interests also, it shows that they’ve got character and backbone.
So I actually have to agree with the other guys (if that’s what they were saying) that you do seem to fit INFJ quite well. You see, I’m only just learning all about the functions, so I simply theorize and get it wrong at times... which is partially why I like to check these ‘Type Me’ threads, because I learn more about functions from other people here. But I digress.

Anyway, I’m not even saying I’m 100% right in guessing INFJ either, but from what I’ve studied in the past few days since I last posted in this thread, I can say that I do think you could be an INFJ and not ISFP as I’d first guessed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts